Who else wants the Black Proto-Drake back?

90 Pandaren Warrior
Well I do, and Blizzard have stated that if enough people say they want it back, they might consider it. So I thought I'd make this thread, since I'm a mount collector and a big fan of all the proto-drake mounts (even though I am yet to actually get one). We have a proto-drake mount for four of the dragonflights (red, blue, green and bronze aka time lost) so it would make sense for the black one to be available. Also we can get the plagued proto from the BMAH, and I think it would be neat if the black one went up there too.

Who else agrees?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
They should put it back on the meta where it belongs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Still waiting for the Plagued to appear on the BMAH. No luck ;-(

As for the Black I agree but I hoped it would return in some other fashion. Challenge mode naxx?

Anyways, Yes
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Completely this. Yes, it means they'll become super common very quickly, as the achievements aren't hard. That's fine, that's the way most meta mounts work: they're hard work when they're current, and they gradually get easier and easier.

This isn't to say that they should remove it from the BMAH mind; it's not a terrible idea at all to have mounts gettable by other means be available as a gold sink too. It just shouldn't be the only way to get something.

I'm also of the opinion that all exculsive/retired mounts should have some way to continue to be gettable. The BMAH is a way of doing this, though perhaps unideal; however anything is better than GONE FOREVER.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I'd like it if they

A.) Put plagued and black as low drop chance from KT in Naxx. Plagued for 10 man, Black in 25.

B.) Put them back in the meta

Either works for me.
Reply Quote
57 Goblin Death Knight
I support this idea. :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
It will happen someday. Just give it time.

I still hope for challenge mode Naxx.

Bronze Completion: Green Drake
Silver: Black Proto-Drake
Gold: Green Firehawk!!111!Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

As for the Black I agree but I hoped it would return in some other fashion. Challenge mode naxx?

Anyways, Yes

It took less than an hour to hit gold cap on my server once it popped up.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
05/08/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Yablik

Completely this. Yes, it means they'll become super common very quickly, as the achievements aren't hard. That's fine, that's the way most meta mounts work: they're hard work when they're current, and they gradually get easier and easier.

This isn't to say that they should remove it from the BMAH mind; it's not a terrible idea at all to have mounts gettable by other means be available as a gold sink too. It just shouldn't be the only way to get something.

I'm also of the opinion that all exculsive/retired mounts should have some way to continue to be gettable. The BMAH is a way of doing this, though perhaps unideal; however anything is better than GONE FOREVER.

I imagine their "next big thing" that GC has hinted at is lvl appropriate scaling for old instances/dungeons complete with all old rewards & achievements.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I'd like it if they

A.) Put plagued and black as low drop chance from KT in Naxx. Plagued for 10 man, Black in 25.

B.) Put them back in the meta

Either works for me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Anyways, Yes

Wow somebody was an idiot. The last 2 I have seen went for 100k, and 110k. If I had the gold then I would of easily had it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Wow somebody was an idiot. The last 2 I have seen went for 100k, and 110k. If I had the gold then I would of easily had it.

You realize your realm is no where near as populated as his right?
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Hunter

Medium to High, is a 900k difference? Still way overpriced. The Black one I could see perhaps but even still that seems ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Medium to High, is a 900k difference? Still way overpriced. The Black one I could see perhaps but even still that seems ridiculous.

Sargeras has roughly triple the population. And no, you can't just multiply that by 3 and assume it would go for 300k. You are also assuming that Sargeras is the reason for the overpricing, however it could just mean that his realm is underpriced so that it skews the comparison. Contrary to what they may teach in basic economics courses, supply and demand are not always linear. An example of this is kinked demand curves.

3 plagued protos went for 400k+ each on Proudmoore.

On Terenas, one sold for 960k while one sold for 72k on Greymane. Different realms are different. There are also more factors that contribute to differences in prices besides population size.
Reply Quote
55 Troll Shaman
Would like to see all of these old things that were removed as WotLK came out and the following patch return.
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Hunter

Sargeras has roughly triple the population. And no, you can't just multiply that by 3 and assume it would go for 300k. You are also assuming that Sargeras is the reason for the overpricing, however it could just mean that his realm is underpriced so that it skews the comparison. Contrary to what they may teach in basic economics courses, supply and demand are not always linear. An example of this is kinked demand curves.

3 plagued protos went for 400k+ each on Proudmoore.

On Terenas, one sold for 960k while one sold for 72k on Greymane. Different realms are different. There are also more factors that contribute to differences in prices besides population size.

Makes me wonder if there are people on Low pop servers with a 50-100k waiting for the right mount to pop up so they can get it for cheap.

Anyways I have seen the only 2 invincible mounts and a Mimoron's hit the cap on Bonechewer.
Reply Quote
Hey, while we are at it, why not bring back all the server first titles and just give them to people who faceroll the content from 2 expansions ago? /end sarcasm
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Hey, while we are at it, why not bring back all the server first titles and just give them to people who faceroll the content from 2 expansions ago? /end sarcasm

I completely agree, they made the ulduar 10, ulduar 25, icc 10, icc 25, tier 11 meta, tier 12 meta, tier 13 meta, and tier 14 meta mounts unobtainable for a reason!

Oh, wait.

On a more serious note, the way they handle titles (not including realm first titles) has mostly been; "If you got it when it was current content, you could display it and wear it proudly. By the time the people who couldn't originally obtain it do, the hardcore raiders will already be wearing the next badass title".

This should extend towards mounts as well. They did it with ulduar and icc by letting those stay. For the first few weeks that people start obtaining these mounts, they hold a prestige that the riders can have. This is fine.

But after that, when more and more people get them, you know who ends up riding them down the road? PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY LIKE THE WAY THE MOUNT LOOKS *gasp*

God forbid people ride mounts they like amirite
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

What a ridiculous comparison, i don't see the harm with a little consistency in the area of raid meta mounts, every other raid meta in the game still rewards a mount and you often see groups forming in trade chat for people to go get these mounts together, seems like community building fun.

The whole thing with people whining about things like this diminishing the efforts of real raiders who did it when the content was current is a load of crap, you want to keep that feeling of being special and having things 99% of players don't have then stay at the cutting edge of raiding and you will always feel special. When the tier/expansion is over so is the epeen flexing that goes with that content its all just stuff for people to do when they're bored or want to hunt achievements/mounts.

I don't think removing anything from the game is a good idea, i love how 100% heroic mounts become 1% drops and people can keep going after them, same goes for meta mounts let people go faceroll old meta's and get mounts who cares. Hardcore raiders shouldn't care because they're riding around on the next best thing feeling special again.

I think people attach way too much of their self worth to past accomplishments.
Edited by Lethalock on 5/10/2013 8:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
But after that, when more and more people get them, you know who ends up riding them down the road? PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY LIKE THE WAY THE MOUNT LOOKS *gasp*

I like the way the Black Qiraji Battle Tank, the old school epic mounts, the Tribute to Immortality (25 man ToC) and Tribute to Insanity (10 man ToC) mounts, all the past Gladiator mounts, the original ZG tiger and raptor, the Amani War Bear, the blue quality Brewfest Ram and the old RaF mounts look, they should bring all those back too.
Edited by Ogrimic on 5/11/2013 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]