Who else wants the Black Proto-Drake back?

90 Undead Warrior
05/11/2013 07:33 AMPosted by Ogrimic
But after that, when more and more people get them, you know who ends up riding them down the road? PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY LIKE THE WAY THE MOUNT LOOKS *gasp*

I like the way the Black Qiraji Battle Tank, the old school epic mounts, the Tribute to Immortality (25 man ToC) and Tribute to Insanity (10 man ToC) mounts, all the past Gladiator mounts, the original ZG tiger and raptor, the Amani War Bear, the blue quality Brewfest Ram and the old RaF mounts look, they should bring all those back too.

They should actually.

Can't get the newest one? Shut up and stop living in the past.
Half those mounts were removed for the most mundane reasons.

Only one that should in theory remain restricted are Gladiator drakes and those are plagued right now with cheaters and FoTM crap taking up the 12 or so spots left due to arenas being dead.
(And those 12 spots? Only on the 2 populated BG's left; Good handful are sub 7 spots. One had 2-3 last season.)

People need to stop living in the past; What you did 3-5 years ago does not matter.
Nobody in their right mind actually cares because it shows nothing relevant to the game now.
Restricting these things because you can't do something now is the biggest laughable definition of special snowflake because you're restricting it because you're too lazy to do something to /make/ you special.

The day those items show up on the BMAH is the day I'll be laughing all the way home.
Edited by Schwert on 5/11/2013 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Black Qiraji: Falls into realm-first category, at least to me. Shouldn't be re-introduced even though I'd like to have one. It was there in pre-bc as a symbol of a person who was in one of the best guilds on their server and/or was lucky enough to get their guild to get them their quest chain done faster. Since only the first 10 hours of the gates opening awarded them, I'll let this one slide as realm first sort of exception. Ultramarine Qiraji Battle-tank was a semi consolation prize.

Old School Ride mounts: As long as they become available again but don't trigger the Feat of Strength when they're re-implemented; sure. Bring em back. Like I said, people who like them would ride them.

25 ToC: Bring back attempts, make it a 1-5% drop rate with all 50 attempts remaining. Hell, make it only have a 1-5% drop rate if you have all 50 attempts and nobody died on any bosses if you want to get a kick out of it blizzard.

10 ToC: Same thing as 25 ToC.

Original ZG & Amani War Bear: I have all 3 of these mounts, and couldn't care less if they re-implemented them. There was nothing skillful about going into ZG in wotlk and stomping the bosses, while praying RNG favored you. And the war bear was being sold on nearly every realm by the end of BC, so that one could have definitely been brought back. But Blizz felt differently so you have the 2 new ZG mounts, and the Amani Battle Bear.

Blue Brewfest Ram: No reason why not to.

RaF retired mounts: Sure, make it so that you have to recruit 1 person to get the current nightwing, 3 people for the rocket, and 5 people for the zevhra. If you recruit 1 person and get the nightwing, that 1 person doesn't count towards the other 2. Think of your recruits as currency towards the RaF mount you want to get.

Gladiator: Idk, lets brainstorm together to figure something out.

When people would like old rewards to come back, there's a big conflict in the community. A lot of people think that the people who want the old rewards to return want a handout. That we want everyone to log in and have it in our mailboxes. In reality, we just want the stuff to be there to go after. The people who want these things bad enough will find a way to get to them.
It gives the players something to do, and it makes us play the game and revisit content which is good for blizzard.
Edited by Kazeijin on 5/11/2013 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Sorry but I can only go with bringing back old unarmored classic mounts ( as long as they don't grant the FoS), and the old ZG mounts ( bring them into the new ZG).

ToC is completely 10x easier than it used to be. Even making it 1-5% drop rate with 50 attempts left is still making it easier to obtain than it was in WoTLK.

Gladiator mounts should stay unique to you know.. gladiator players who earned them the appropriate season.

Black Qiraji Crystal shouldn't be brought back either. It's realm first material, and a tribute to those guilds/players that worked their asses off farming mats to open up the gates of AQ and to dredge through the questline.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
The only things i think should be changed each expansion is 100% heroic drop mounts lowered to say 3% drops so people can go farm once a week for fun and try their luck, the only thing i think would be nice to remove is titles from heroic boss kills not the achievements themselves. So for example you see someone with Light of Dawn or Fearless you know they got it when it was current content.
Reply Quote
Restricting these things because you can't do something now is the biggest laughable definition of special snowflake because you're restricting it because you're too lazy to do something to /make/ you special.

You sure are making a lot of assumptions there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
05/11/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Ogrimic

You sure are making a lot of assumptions there.

I sure do know a lot of people with these things and I'm totally not basing it off mass experience.
Reply Quote
That makes no sense.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
That makes no sense.

Your argument never made sense.
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
Black Qiraji: Falls into realm-first category, at least to me. Shouldn't be re-introduced even though I'd like to have one. It was there in pre-bc as a symbol of a person who was in one of the best guilds on their server and/or was lucky enough to get their guild to get them their quest chain done faster. Since only the first 10 hours of the gates opening awarded them, I'll let this one slide as realm first sort of exception. Ultramarine Qiraji Battle-tank was a semi consolation prize.

Old School Ride mounts: As long as they become available again but don't trigger the Feat of Strength when they're re-implemented; sure. Bring em back. Like I said, people who like them would ride them.

25 ToC: Bring back attempts, make it a 1-5% drop rate with all 50 attempts remaining. Hell, make it only have a 1-5% drop rate if you have all 50 attempts and nobody died on any bosses if you want to get a kick out of it blizzard.

10 ToC: Same thing as 25 ToC.

Original ZG & Amani War Bear: I have all 3 of these mounts, and couldn't care less if they re-implemented them. There was nothing skillful about going into ZG in wotlk and stomping the bosses, while praying RNG favored you. And the war bear was being sold on nearly every realm by the end of BC, so that one could have definitely been brought back. But Blizz felt differently so you have the 2 new ZG mounts, and the Amani Battle Bear.

Blue Brewfest Ram: No reason why not to.

RaF retired mounts: Sure, make it so that you have to recruit 1 person to get the current nightwing, 3 people for the rocket, and 5 people for the zevhra. If you recruit 1 person and get the nightwing, that 1 person doesn't count towards the other 2. Think of your recruits as currency towards the RaF mount you want to get.

Gladiator: Idk, lets brainstorm together to figure something out.

When people would like old rewards to come back, there's a big conflict in the community. A lot of people think that the people who want the old rewards to return want a handout. That we want everyone to log in and have it in our mailboxes. In reality, we just want the stuff to be there to go after. The people who want these things bad enough will find a way to get to them.
It gives the players something to do, and it makes us play the game and revisit content which is good for blizzard.

Agreed, however for Gladiator Mount's how about when you get the Gladiator title, you get to choose which color mount you want.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]