Brewmaster leveling?

90 Tauren Warrior
How is brewmaster leveling compared to windwalker?
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Monk
I preferred Brewmaster until I got Rising Sun Kick, then went Windwalker all the way to 90.

Keg Smash is ridiculously good while leveling.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
To put it simply, from what I've read in similar threads:

Brewmaster is great at low levels because of it's ability to AoE and easily mitigate damage. This makes tanking random dungeons quick and easy (as long as you know what you're doing), but it also makes questing simple since you can round up probably 5+ mobs at a time and AoE them down.

I played BrM until MoP levels, at which point I swapped over to WW for a bit of a change of pace and WW seemed fine once it had all of it's tools (namely rising sun kick). You could probably very easily play Brewmaster from 10-90 and level at least as quickly, if not more quickly than WW.
Reply Quote
75 Pandaren Monk
I reaaaaaaly enjoy brewmaster leveling, my wife is a monk as well with MW WW specs so instances are always great to level in as well as questing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
well when I hit 85 luckily my guild had appointed me the new tank replacement for the core so i got some blue boe's. a 450 staff in particular and pretty much untill townlong I was nuking the crap out of everything as WW. I assume if you are good at keeping your self alive then mass pulling with brewmaster could be as fast as WW however if you quest like me and play it safe and hardly pull more then 2 mobs then brewmasters damage is abysmal compared to ww
I say WW if you don't like mass pulling or you have great starting gear.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't think I even trained in my WW spec until half way through T14, armory just had a big "?" for my second spec haha.
Reply Quote
37 Tauren Monk
While i am only level 20, i find Brewmaster a blast (switched from WW) you get quick ques for dungeons and as others said good mitigation and AoE. Only down side is if you miss/parry/etc. a keg smash while soloing it can feel very... disappointing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]