How goes your REBORN weapons sales?

98 Dwarf Hunter
SOK
The majority of us blacksmiths have had the chance to craft some 502 reborn weapons...Was just wondering how the sales are going on these weapons...

As for me, I was able to sell one for 35k (one handed agility sword)...

How about you...? Have you sold any weapons? How much did you sell them for?

Cheers...
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Warlock
No blacksmith here, but I did purchase one for 27,799 for my resto shaman.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
They seem to be listed for 24-34k on our AH.

Based on how long they seem to be sitting sales do not seem to be strong.

I suspect making them the same Ilevel as LFR has cut into possible sales. I know I would rather wait as long as it takes to get a free drop rather than spend gold on a weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I looked into buying one myself (Dragonstrike, Reborn), but I'd only get 105 intellect over Inscribed Serpent Staff, which wasn't worth it. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I looked into buying one myself (Dragonstrike, Reborn), but I'd only get 105 intellect over Inscribed Serpent Staff, which wasn't worth it. :(

Offhands have an int enchant which would add to the int you'd gain over the staff with the weapon. Beyond that the weapons go for absolutely nothing on my server now since everyone and their mother thought they could make bank off a higher end weapon but then got laughed at in trade by the "lollfr502" people.
Edited by Wilhelm on 5/4/2013 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They seem to be listed for 24-34k on our AH.

Based on how long they seem to be sitting sales do not seem to be strong.

I suspect making them the same ilevel as LFR has cut into possible sales. I know I would rather wait as long as it takes to get a free drop rather than spend gold on a weapon.

im sure that does negatively impact sales its hard for me to really blame anything but the sellers for them moving slow with the extreme level of markup. If you can get 30k for something that cost you ~7k to make, great but is it really anyone but the sellers fault when they don't sell at a 300%+ markup?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The items cost x amount of living steel, x amount of spirits (which are worth 2 gold lotus a piece to me.. that i need for flasks) with only anything on top of that going to the living steel ignots.

Making the ignots takes 10 bars a day. I'm not sure the cool down is worth any forgone cost as I don't have anything else to use the cooldown for.

Now that I've learned the 458 recipies I want after 30 days (questionable if I needed that many) i'll probably stop using the cool down at a cost of 10 bars a day. Its a liablity to make it unless people want to give me the steel, lottus's and more than 10 gi bars per ignot used...going forward.

Even if I made the living steel myself, they cost what i can sell them for (or what I could sell belt buckles for). The spirits cost me 2 lotus. 18x 600 = 10k for the steel . 18 spirits = 1.8k for 32 golden lotus at 50 each.. .. so my cost to make them is about 12k .. use 10 k if you want to sell the living steel at 500 on a typical day. The 30 ignots might be water under the bridge .. but making more isn't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any confirmation one way or another if they'll fix it so you'll be able to put the legendary sockets on these like you can use them onr other weapons?

That is a serious difference in effective ilvl - a socket has got to be worth 10 to 20 ilvl points huh?
Reply Quote
I don't think it's worth selling/making them, because of how long it takes to make them. You could easily get more gold in a faster way.

I question your logic on this. It takes no more than 5 minutes a day (logging in to make the ingot/till the farm). Even if you only make like a 5k profit, that aint bad for the time you've spent.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Sold 3-4 463's for 3-5k profit, trying to sell a 476 atm.

TBH the profit is secondary I just want the patterns.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I wonder if they were put into the game just for xmogging? They will bump your ilevel up but don't seem to compete well with LFR drops.

I have the starter patterns but haven't had the time to start crafting them all!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
aweful. players on my server are generally bad at making gold. they often complain that it isnt worth what im trying to sell it for. 25k for a 502 seems more than fair concidering the materials it cost to make
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I bought one for a bid of 14k on my server. LFR didn't want to spit out a second two hander for me and I had a one hander in my bank. So I bought it and don't regret it one bit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]