There is hope for a Death Match after all!!

90 Worgen Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728184228?page=1
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
What you're asking for is a straight Death Match type of Battleground. I'm not sure it would be compelling as you think. I'm a big fan of DM as well, at least in FPS', but for an MMO like World of Warcraft, I question how enjoyable it would be in the long run for people. I think for players who feel very comfortable with their abilities, straight head on PvP like that would be fun for them, but for others, I'm not sure it would have the same appeal.That said, I'm not killing the discussion. I'm just interested in how you feel this would work or appeal to a wide enough audience for it to be worth creating.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
05/02/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Nethaera
If what I like is only going to appeal to a very small pool, then I know what I want may be a bit more selfish than what's beneficial to the larger populace and the health of the game over all.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm going to...I know we will see something like this...and I will keep posting about it..here and in the general forums ;)

05/05/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Bãndit
Let's be honest here. It seems like a fun idea but it will just get boring.

Really, you would get sick of AV turtles? I know I wouldn't! And if you do, it's something you wouldn't have to participate in. Hell, they could take TB and make it CRZ
Edited by Jugaa on 5/5/2013 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
As a healer, this would be a terrible thing and nearly exclude us...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
How do you figure? It would be nothing like Temple where healers don't matter with the crit numbers..
Edited by Jugaa on 5/5/2013 6:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Please DO make a DM bg!

Then all those midiots could queue for this snoozefest while the players who enjoy going for objectives can queue for all the other BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
05/05/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Katlei
Please DO make a DM bg!

;)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
05/05/2013 06:50 AMPosted by Takeru
As a healer, this would be a terrible thing and nearly exclude us...

I love healing RBGs. It's the only time I actually feel like a healer and a majority of the time it's battling, not doing objectives. Well, it's battling /on/ objectives, I guess that's sort of both. Anyways, I don't see why a deathmatch battleground would be terrible for healers. Unless you mean a free-for-all, then yes it would be horrible, but I don't think that's what you meant.

...Was it?
Edited by Pozy on 5/5/2013 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Unless you mean a free-for-all, then yes it would be horrible, but I don't think that's what you meant.

...Was it?

Not what I meant. Healers are pretty important in a deathmatch BG.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
05/05/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Jugaa
Not what I meant. Healers are pretty important in a deathmatch BG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathmatch_(gaming)

Deathmatch or Player vs All (PvA, also called DM or free-for-all) is a widely-used gameplay mode integrated into many shooter and real-time strategy (RTS) video games. Normally the goal of a deathmatch game is to kill (or "frag", from the military term) as many other players as possible until a certain condition or limit is reached, commonly being a frag limit or time limit. Once one of these conditions is met, the match is over and the winner is the player that accumulated the greatest number of frags.

Perhaps you should clarify instead of using the garbled vernacular of the ignorant masses then, Jughead.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Seeing as how I compared it to AV turtles...and TB..how would anyone think I meant free-for-all?
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
And why would anyone complaining about premades ever mean more than 5? Or less than 5? Or even 5?

A lot of people wanting a "death match" BG want exactly that wiki definition, since that actually is what the term refers to. Saying you want a death match too but MEANING something else doesn't really help you.

Or Blizz.
Or anyone possibly OK with yours but opposed to the standard definition... like any healer whatsoever.

So maybe call it something else. Blizz is probably too referring to the OTHER type when balking at it.

So maybe clarify and redefine. Eh?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Imagine all the frost DKs and frost mages that will be stacked in there.....
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
So maybe clarify and redefine. Eh?

mmm nope, when I or anyone else refers to it, it means TEAM deathmatch...not free-for-all. I would never advocate for free-for-all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Yeah RoV was so well received, multiplying that by 10-15 players could only be buckets of fun!! :~))
Reply Quote
72 Troll Death Knight
The thing is, most BGs degrade into deathmatches anyhow. People fight on roads in AV and AB, no one cares about the nodes. People fight in the middle in WSG. Blizz. People really try to avoid most objectives and just rush to the end or just just fight on the roads. Also, don't forget, someone gets the dull job of guarding junk. In a death match, you wouldn't get that boring job.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
05/05/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Fontss
glaivypoo you are never on man D:

Work, nice weather, and other circumstance makes for very little WoW in the spring/summer for Warglaive.

I aint complaining tho. =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]