Solutions to Scatter Trapping Next Patch.

90 Troll Hunter
Dear Hunters

Will now not be able to scatter trap next Patch. This is the patch note.

Scatter Shot now shares diminishing returns with Freezing Trap and Wyvern Sting.

Two solutions for arena trap with narrow escape and binding shot(MM only next patch)
or use a pet stun like a monkey or shale spider.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You can still scatter trap, the duration of the trap will be 4 seconds, down from 6 in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You can still scatter trap, the duration of the trap will be 4 seconds, down from 6 in pvp.

it's 8s right now, and i can guarantee you nobody will scatter into a dr'd trap outside of the 1600 bracket
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I personally macro'd freezing trap to crane sleep....freezing trap and scatter shot share a global it made me angry
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Its probably gonna be binding shot to keep them from running. Then drop a freezing trap in the same area. So they will have a choice to get stunned or frozen. That way you will still get the full duration. Since binding shot is no longer a talent.
Edited by Hollowpoint on 5/8/2013 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The issue with that hollow point, is that you have to get 5 yards away from binding shot to get stuned by it. the trap, however, only has a 1 yard radius in order to trigger it, unless you take a minor glyph to up it to 3 yards. along with travel time and a 2 second arming time, this makes binding shot only able to help trap someone if they aren't that attentive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
doesn't matter, nerf's been reverted now

05/08/2013 06:19 AMPosted by Eurugan
The issue with that hollow point, is that you have to get 5 yards away from binding shot to get stuned by it.

if only we could force them to move out of the binding shot radius...

oh wait, we can

05/08/2013 06:19 AMPosted by Eurugan
trap, however, only has a 1 yard radius in order to trigger it, unless you take a minor glyph to up it to 3 yards.

um what glyph is this?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
trap, however, only has a 1 yard radius in order to trigger it, unless you take a minor glyph to up it to 3 yards.

um what glyph is this?

I think he means: Glyph of Ice Trap
1) That is a major, not minor
2) That is Ice, not Freezing
3) I think that is the effect radius, not the trigger radius

doesn't matter, nerf's been reverted now

The issue with that hollow point, is that you have to get 5 yards away from binding shot to get stuned by it.

if only we could force them to move out of the binding shot radius...

oh wait, we can

Incoming Snarky comment.

It only requires 3 CDs, as opposed to 2 :-P
And unless you are BM, one of those CDs has the same triggering issues that Freezing Trap has +P
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
yeah that glyph means the ice slick would be wider, has nothing to do with freezing trap or else everyone would use it lol

It only requires 3 CDs, as opposed to 2 :-P

and...? i didn't say it's a good way to trap, in fact it will probably be harder to trap off binding than scatter because the stun is too short when you factor in victim travel time in the air after you punt them, and also orc shamans ruin everything. binding shot is going to be used more to prevent eating traps than to actually land them
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
yea, not on wow right now, and was going off the top of my head, and as I dont pvp much, its not something I pay attention to. I simply remembered a glyph that increased triger radius or something. so sorry for the bad info on the glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

and...? i didn't say it's a good way to trap, in fact it will probably be harder to trap off binding than scatter because the stun is too short when you factor in victim travel time in the air after you punt them, and also orc shamans ruin everything. binding shot is going to be used more to prevent eating traps than to actually land them

I did say it was a snarky comment +)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]