Do people enjoy PVP here??

47 Dwarf Warrior
I have set things up like this on the other RP-PVP server I play on. I am Horde there. I was just wondering if there were enough people on this server who would be interested in Scenario Based PVP??

Just a Sample of what I try to come up with...

One thing I have always wanted in this game were stage coaches (like the Plagueland Quest Chain) that were attackable transportation for reward. It might be a little to wild west for this game but it has always sounded fun to me.

Story:
A small Forsaken ground troop force intercepted encrypted battle plans of the Alliance after an attack on an Alliance Caravan through Sliver Pine Forest (there were no Alliance survivors). For the time being the plans are being kept safe in the underground tomb at The Sepulcher in Sliver Pine Forest.

The Forsaken have sent request for a Horde battalion to recover the plans from The Sepulcher and transport them to Deathknell in Trisfall Glades where they will finally be reviewed and deciphered.

The world battle has long since moved on from Sliver Pine Forest and Trisfall Glades. Still the fear of ambush or full frontal attack is always on the minds of the Horde. Even more so since the Alliance must be fully aware by now that their Caravan has been attacked and the plans more than likely intercepted.

If the Horde can get their Battle Plans to Deathknell in time for the War Department to decipher them. They could deal another severe blow to the Alliances War plans.

Scenario breaks down like this:

The Horde force leaves The Sepulcher at the designated start time. They do not have to follow the roads. However, the Horde cannot fly.

The Alliance only able to camp undetected near Amber Mill will be allowed a Flying Scouting party equal to half of the entire Horde Force. The remaining Alliance force will be allowed ground mounts only. The Alliance gets to choose how to use their Flying Force. That being said as soon as the flying force engages in battle they are grounded.

The Horde has two hours to get every party member into the Deathknell Inn. If they are unable to do so the Alliance will have successfully stop the Horde from deciphering their battle plans.

Basic Rules:
Other than the Alliance Scouting Party there is no Flying.
Both Armies Start at the selected areas at the same time.
Everything Else Goes.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
T'is....t'is int'rests me. Sounds like a bloody good time.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I am in agreement with Mockrabbit here....looks and sounds interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Interesting.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
While nice sounding, detailed and very rules heavy PVP events almost universally fail. All it takes is one individual to decide he doesn't want to play along and they can ruin it for everyone else.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
While nice sounding, detailed and very rules heavy PVP events almost universally fail. All it takes is one individual to decide he doesn't want to play along and they can ruin it for everyone else.

40 vs 40 AV wargame? Would have to switch up the scenario some, but with that, everyone is accountable to a raid leader at least.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
I think it'd be a blast to try something like this.
Reply Quote
47 Dwarf Warrior

To be honest, when set up and agreed upon Greifers were the only worry I have had. Second to that was low turn out on a specific faction which made it not fun for the lesser faction. I thinking of limiting it to 15 people per side at designated locations.

I also try to keep the rules to a minimum. Mostly no flying and the time limit after that PVP is PVP. The flying is more situational as well. We did a Battle at South Gate Pass a while back. Horde had to try and breach the pass within a time limit ad it would have been all too easy to fly over all of the fighting.

It's more for the story and trying to make WPVP with a purpose above ganking.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
40 vs 40 AV wargame? Would have to switch up the scenario some, but with that, everyone is accountable to a raid leader at least.

Would such a thing be possible? a 40v40 AV or something? Now that would be interesting.

edit: I agree with Drax. Sounds awesome but easily disrupted :(
Edited by Lacrìmosa on 5/6/2013 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
Why couldn't it happen on a smaller scale with only a few trusted players involved? Most of the fun times I've had that lasted for hours involved a lot less than 80 people.

Hell, even if we got 10 man teams we could do wargames. If we couldn't get that many people, I'm sure the RPPvP thing could still be awesome.
Edited by Ryöka on 5/6/2013 7:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think that there are some fantastic ideas here! We have hosted some very memorable RP-PvP events in the past and I would love to see more of those occurring on a regular basis. There are some valid concerns with these events, but maybe with some collaboration we can figure out a way to make them work more smoothly in the future.

Lowering the number of involved people probably a good idea -Perhaps starting with a small number and, over time, enlarging it would allow the creators to tweak scenarios and events to reflect input from those involved?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Those that want to grief the event will try. That's all their is to it, unfortunately.
In any case keep this updated if there is a date set. I will be in and do all I can to make the time to be part of the event.
Edited by Mockrabbit on 5/7/2013 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If this event is to take place...I would love being a target of opportunity. Remember messing with Vir and got feared and dotted till I was doing the spirit walk or think that swimming in Manatee form would be better than swimming away as a cat...bad idea.

For those of you who need reminding about the senseless killing of Manatees...here is a reminder of the rules....

http://www.homesafe.com/features/manatee/rules-of-the-road.php
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

I don't see this as any reason not to try. "Griefers" will always be a threat, but there have been a great deal of successful RP/PvP events on our server in the past.

I'd be interested in something like this.
Edited by Anaximar on 5/7/2013 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
47 Dwarf Warrior
Since my only Toon on this server is Level 28 I would have to sit the sidelines and watch it all go down. But I am okay with that.

I have a vent server I can use for everyone just to keep communication with start times. It is broken into a Horde and Alliance Side.

What I would be interested to see if we could pull off a 10v10 with this scenerio.

It may take some recruiting through others guilds to see if we can get the numbers. But if we have them I will set a date.

What works best for people here. Weekend Nights or Weekday Nights??
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
I'm certain it'd be easy to get 10 Alliance together. I think weekend evenings/nights work best for most people. I'd suggest we start during primetime hours.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I cry a little tear every time I'm accosted by the local untamed barbarian WARlliance.

The Orcish people simply wish to farm peacefully. These Gnomish kill squads and Kaldorei industrialists stripping our lush forests and stomping our wildlife must be dealt with.

Alas, this old pacifist's work is never done.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I cry a little tear every time I'm accosted by the local untamed barbarian WARlliance.

As I recall, it was you that was hurling Chaos Bolts at Alliance that just wanted to farm, Timelord.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I look forward to all the back peddlers and keyboard turners.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
05/09/2013 02:08 AMPosted by Lukar

As I recall, it was you that was hurling Chaos Bolts at Alliance that just wanted to farm, Timelord.

Psh. Revisionist history.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]