Titan: Only a Blizzard Game Can Kill WoW

I understand somwhat the feeling of needing to keep up with the new technologies for blizzard, and so on...If they are able to create another game, WITHOUT letting WoW down, I don't mind too much...They also lost me with the e-sport part. I don't mind blizzard trying new things, but I really hope that it doesn't mean less attention and work on WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

blizzard has let the second class MMO's mock them(rift) and has brushed all these other "WoW killers"(Star Wars, GW2) off their shoulders like a common fly.

Guild Wars 2 wasn't meant to be a wow killer .... only stupid people claim gw2 as a wow killer...
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'm not even the slightest bit interested in Titan for one simple reason. I have no reason to be interested in Titan. Blizzard has told us next to nothing about the game. We haven't seen a single screen shot, video or even piece of concept art. At this point, for all I'm concerned, Titan is simply vaporware in my mind and will continue to be until proven otherwise.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
The only company that can put out a game that can in fact kill will Wow is blizzard themselves...

I will never understand how people came up with the notion of one MMORPG "killing" another nor why they continue to parrot it while Ultima Online and Everquest 1 continue to chug along. It makes you look silly.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
The fact that writers like Knaak are going to be working on the story makes me shy away from it. Personally I do not like his writing, others might but he isn't for me.

And Knaak's writing is any worse than the current story being told with WoW? They're both equally as bad.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
05/03/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Corrock
The only company that can put out a game that can in fact kill will Wow is blizzard themselves...

I will never understand how people came up with the notion of one MMORPG "killing" another nor why they continue to parrot it while Ultima Online and Everquest 1 continue to chug along. It makes you look silly.

oh i dunno... i love my high pop server. would suck if i lost say 3/4 of my pop w/i six months on it. Even if the game stayed running, a dramatic reduction in population and eventual less focus on wow as it wasn't the 'Bread & Butter' any more effects everyone
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
They won't release anything as long as wow is in the 10 million subscriber range. Look for a combination of different games to slowly widdle away that subscriber base in the next few years. Games like Elder Scrolls online, Everquest Next, Neverwinter, and others. It won't be any one game, not even Titan, to do this.
Reply Quote
there was a game called ghost featuring nova. titan might see a similar fate. when a game lingers forever in production, it's going to be a let down. true creativity comes really fast in my view. the actual grunt work ideally shouldn't take more than a few years.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I'm admittedly very biased, and 'time travel' is probably 75% of the main reason I'm interested in Titan right now, even if it is just a rumour.

I'm hoping it's either free to play or Blizzard makes a "Blizzard MMO" subscription where you pay for the month to play both WoW and Titan, rather than paying for each individually. Perhaps a higher price than WoW's monthly cost, but lower than two subscription fees.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Anyone else think this sounds a lot like Bungie's Destiny? Sci-fi, time traveling robots, post apocalyptic, guns and magic, clans, mmo? Would be crazy if they're working in collaboration to make the same game
and lets not forget its activision
Edited by Shanalore on 5/5/2013 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Destiny has time travel?

Crap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Anyone else think this sounds a lot like Bungie's Destiny? Sci-fi, time traveling robots, post apocalyptic, guns and magic, clans, mmo? Would be crazy if they're working in collaboration to make the same game
and lets not forget its activision

I agree. Based on what we think we know about Titan, they sound like the same game. I doubt Activision would publish two games around the same time that seem so similar. Either Titan=Destiny, or Titan is nothing like we think it is.
Edited by Zerofury on 5/6/2013 6:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
How pissed would you be if you found out Titan IS the next WoW expansion? And the reason it's been worked on so long was so the game can be played on XBox, Playstation, and Wii in addition to the PC? And the introduction of CRZ and LFR was so the realm concept didn't matter, allowing people to pick up a controller and play a raid, just like playing a CoD or Halo multiplayer game?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....................
Edited by Brickend on 5/6/2013 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
The game was announced or "project rather" about 4 or 5 years ago and we have yet to hear any info or screenshots about it? If this was any other company I would of called it vaporware by now. I kind of think that for the longest time, Blizzard didnt even know what they wanted to do with the game.

We all know blizzard only really makes 3 games, one of which that came out recently was a complete disaster. They really havnt made a new unique game in like 12 years.

I don't think you understand how game development works.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]