Power Strikes vs Ascension for PVP.

90 Pandaren Monk
Which do you think is better? I've been using Ascension for ever and forgot to talent out of PS (I was doing raids prior to some bgs) and I notice it helping a lot. The spare chi is actually really nice and I feel like my spirit (9.4k) is good enough to the point where the mana I get back from Ascension isn't really needed anymore.

Anyhow. What's your opinions?

(This post was directed at Arena play, RBG play, Random BG play.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Power Strikes is honestly almost always better for pvp. Having that extra chi generation is huge, especially given that you don't get a ton of opportunities to actually sit and channel Soothing Mist. Getting effectively on-demand chi is crucial, especially when you're trying to keep someone else alive and really need that chi for Enveloping Mists.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Power Strikes is honestly almost always better for pvp. Having that extra chi generation is huge, especially given that you don't get a ton of opportunities to actually sit and channel Soothing Mist. Getting effectively on-demand chi is crucial, especially when you're trying to keep someone else alive and really need that chi for Enveloping Mists.

Honestly, I'd roll with Ascension for the 15% energy regen alone. Being able to FoF into a RSK is a nice bonus as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Which do you think is better? I've been using Ascension for ever and forgot to talent out of PS (I was doing raids prior to some bgs) and I notice it helping a lot. The spare chi is actually really nice and I feel like my spirit (9.4k) is good enough to the point where the mana I get back from Ascension isn't really needed anymore.

Assuming you are talking about WW (I would run with Ascension becuase if you are WW (didnt check) having that extra build point vs getting a extra chi point imo is better as Ascension is a passive and Power Strikes has a CD also you already generate 2 chi points from jab :)
Edited by Melondew on 5/5/2013 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Assuming you are talking about WW (I would run with Ascension becuase if you are WW (didnt check) having that extra build point vs getting a extra chi point imo is better as Ascension is a passive and Power Strikes has a CD also you already generate 2 chi points from jab :)

The spare chi is actually really nice and I feel like my spirit (9.4k) is good enough to the point where the mana I get back from Ascension isn't really needed anymore.

spirit

mana
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
power strikes = fistweaving

ascension = everyone else

/thread
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Ascension for sure. For starters, every WW monk who is a decent rating on the 3v3 ladder is rolling with Ascension. Why? Because 15% energy regen is huge and the maximum chi is just a bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Honestly, I'd roll with Ascension for the 15% energy regen alone. Being able to FoF into a RSK is a nice bonus as well.

Ascension for sure. For starters, every WW monk who is a decent rating on the 3v3 ladder is rolling with Ascension. Why? Because 15% energy regen is huge and the maximum chi is just a bonus.

My monk hasn't even hit level 35 yet and even I know that the OP is talking about MW not WW.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]