Playable Satyr?

90 Worgen Rogue
With speculation that the next expansion will be all about the Burning Crusade, do you think there's a chance that we could get playable Satyr? Maybe they were betrayed by the Legion or some other scenario that forced them into the Horde. Not sure if they'd fit with the Alliance since they pretty much betrayed the Night Elves. Do you guys think it's a possibility? If so how would it work?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
If they wanted to be good again wouldn't they just get purified by Elune and become night elves?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If they wanted to be good again wouldn't they just get purified by Elune and become night elves?

Pretty much. If I recall right, the only sources mentioning anything about there being unwillingly transformed satyrs are no longer canon; ergo, it's reasonably safe to assume that at least the majority of them (if not virtually all) got into their current state of their own free volition by associating themselves with fel magic.

Depending on what goes down with the Siege of Orgrimmar, warlocks and their kin may very well come under increased scrutiny within the Horde, given the sorts of dark arts Garrosh turned to in MoP's timeframe. And, as mentioned by the OP, there would be one hell of a gap for them to bridge before they'd so much as be on speaking terms with the kaldorei (and, by extension, the rest of the Alliance).

In short: It'd more than most likely take nothing short of the writers pulling some background, lore, etc. for playable satyrs out of their you-know-whats.
Edited by Marriama on 5/7/2013 6:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Marriama
Pretty much. If I recall right, the only sources mentioning anything about there being unwillingly transformed satyrs are no longer canon; ergo, it's reasonably safe to assume that at least the majority of them (if not virtually all) got into their current state of their own free volition by associating themselves with fel magic.

That doesnt mean they havnt come to regret their decision in the past 10k years. There was that one Satyr in Ashenvale that wanted to be changed back.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
That doesnt mean they havnt come to regret their decision in the past 10k years. There was that one Satyr in Ashenvale that wanted to be changed back.
This.
www.wowhead.com/quest=13921
www.wowhead.com/npc=34335
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=34358
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Yeah... One satyr. And he only got changed back due to an act of self-sacrifice that he thought would lead to his death. That doesn't exactly lead into an entire playable race, any more than Sir Zeliek leads into playable forsaken paladins.
Edited by Vegdrasil on 5/7/2013 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah... One satyr. And he only got changed back due to an act of self-sacrifice that he thought would lead to his death. That doesn't exactly lead into an entire playable race, any more than Sir Zeliek leads into playable forsaken paladins.

I'm not saying I'm for or against it. I was just stating the fact that a few satyr might have come to say "... You know? Maybe this was a bad idea" in the past ten thousand years :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I mean that "good" satyrs turn back into Night Elves.

Therefore it is impossible to be a playable race satyrs xd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
05/07/2013 06:21 PMPosted by Cártian

Right. What I was getting at is that, since they willfully chose to become monsters at the time, both factions would have perfectly justified reasons to be more than a bit apprehensive. And one individual does not a whole new group of misunderstood folks yearning to distance themselves from their dark brethren make.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
No, we'd sooner have observer's. i actually wrote a nice guide for warlock minion lore, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728323220 and from what i learned from observer's they were incredibly intelligent AND the majority would never serve the burning legion. however, it would be hard to account for anything but magehunter being their class :P. especially observers that sumon obersvers :P.

tl;dr: it's highly unlikely anything remotely demonic would come to the horde or alliance, since anything intelligent enough to leave would have very few options in range of class.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If we do get a new race, chances are it'll be Outland themed. Satyrs? Not so much.
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Marriama

Right. What I was getting at is that, since they willfully chose to become monsters at the time, both factions would have perfectly justified reasons to be more than a bit apprehensive. And one individual does not a whole new group of misunderstood folks yearning to distance themselves from their dark brethren make.

Fair enough.

And especially since there's also that one Satyr on Teldrassil (or used to be. Havnt quested there since cataclysm) that's saying "I want to be redeemed, I promise... Now go collect Fel magic from the imps for me. Muhahaha," the Nelves being apprehensive is perfectly understandable.

No, we'd sooner have observer's. i actually wrote a nice guide for warlock minion lore, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728323220 and from what i learned from observer's they were incredibly intelligent AND the majority would never serve the burning legion. however, it would be hard to account for anything but magehunter being their class :P. especially observers that sumon obersvers :P.

tl;dr: it's highly unlikely anything remotely demonic would come to the horde or alliance, since anything intelligent enough to leave would have very few options in range of class.

... I want to play as an observer now. I with a giant eye death beam as the racial.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
We don't need more playable races.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
05/08/2013 06:01 AMPosted by Cártian
And especially since there's also that one Satyr on Teldrassil (or used to be. Havnt quested there since cataclysm) that's saying "I want to be redeemed, I promise... Now go collect Fel magic from the imps for me. Muhahaha," the Nelves being apprehensive is perfectly understandable.
He's still there. The night elves got sick of his !@#$ and now they want you to kill him.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Zenn Foulhoof? You end up killing him in Darkshore for helping the Forsaken corrupt animals, or something.
Edited by Gandred on 5/8/2013 9:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage

That^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/07/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
Yeah... One satyr.

Nobundo was one Draenei Shaman. Upon learning shamanism, he taught it to other Draenei. Satyr's wouldn't really work, but this line of reasoning is weak.
Reply Quote
I wish never would have put new races would be better if only they were the classic wow. (Except for the goblins, is the only race that I think was well placed).

I would have loved a wow without the draenei. Besides being a nasty retcon Also are too boring. And the blood elves, they had to be all under the illidan service. For me it never had to be of the horde.

No more races!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I would rather have better faction lore *cough Alliance* than more races to dilute the story and ignore every Alliance race but Humans any longer.
Reply Quote
Zenn Foulhoof? You end up killing him in Darkshore for helping the Forsaken corrupt animals, or something.

Oh that was the same guy? I didnt even realize.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]