Can someone explain why a rogue can :

Kick - 5 seconds
Deadly throw - 5 seconds
Garrote - 4 seconds
Garrote - 2 seconds
Kidney shot - 6 seconds
Kick - 5 seconds
Deadly throw - 5 seconds

32 seconds of chain CC on a caster. Assuming you trinket one your still locked down long enough to die to the rogue alone. Add in partners since blizzard justifies class balance around 3s and it gets worse.

This isnt including gouge.

The bottom line is rogues needs to have their damage gutted completely if they are going to maintain their massive amount of CC.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
brings back memories of s8 were rogue solo'ed hpallys
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue

Kick - 5 seconds
Deadly throw - 5 seconds
Garrote - 4 seconds
Garrote - 2 seconds
Kidney shot - 6 seconds
Kick - 5 seconds
Deadly throw - 5 seconds

32 seconds of chain CC on a caster. Assuming you trinket one your still locked down long enough to die to the rogue alone. Add in partners since blizzard justifies class balance around 3s and it gets worse.

The bottom line is rogues needs to have their damage gutted completely if they are going to maintain their massive amount of CC.

Say's the plate wearer. Nice!

/sigh
Reply Quote
I was on my healer, not the warrior obvs.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Do people ever read patch notes?
Reply Quote

.5 seconds from cheap and garrote are going to somehow break the massive CC chain that rogues have while they put out stupid amounts of pressure?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
05/03/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Brütus

.5 seconds from cheap and garrote are going to somehow break the massive CC chain that rogues have while they put out stupid amounts of pressure?

Yes because those are the only changes.

The other thing you don't understand is for rogues our survival is our control, nerf that and we would need a survival buff. And you will still cry.

Hey next patch you will be right back here crying about DK's and ferals.
Edited by Tecknic on 5/3/2013 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
05/03/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Brütus

.5s to cheap shot glyph is functionally a full 1s nerf as nobody is going to take it now.
Reply Quote
The other thing you don't understand is for rogues our survival is our control, nerf that and we would need a survival buff. And you will still cry.

I dont think anyone would cry, actually. The issue here isnt CC really, its the fact that rogues do massive amounts of damage within the immense amount of CC they dish out.
Edited by Brütus on 5/3/2013 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
DR exists you know.
Reply Quote
.5s to cheap shot glyph is functionally a full 1s nerf as nobody is going to take it now.

1 whole second? Seeing as a rogue can lock down most people for 20 + seconds without an issue,1 second means very little.
Reply Quote
DR exists you know.

Shhh, I want to see were he is going with this
Reply Quote
if you let a rogue

Really?

05/03/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Grapeshot
DR exists you know.

Everything that "DRs" in my original post still adds up to be over 20 seconds of CC while being damaged.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Kick - 5 seconds
Deadly throw - 5 seconds
Garrote - 4 seconds
Garrote - 2 seconds
Kidney shot - 6 seconds
Kick - 5 seconds
Deadly throw - 5 seconds

When did getting kicked CC people? !@#$ I'm going to start kicking people into CCs from now on!
Reply Quote
43 Orc Hunter

Kick - 5 seconds
Deadly throw - 5 seconds
Garrote - 4 seconds
Garrote - 2 seconds
Kidney shot - 6 seconds
Kick - 5 seconds
Deadly throw - 5 seconds

If you get go 0/4 on juking interrupts, you deserve to die. The Rogue isn't going to be doing much damage in that scenario, and if he's able to build up combo points quickly enough to meet all of those things, he's not getting touched at all.

The only thing I find OP about their chain is Paralytic procs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
05/03/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Brütus

1 whole second? Seeing as a rogue can lock down most people for 20 + seconds without an issue,1 second means very little.

Sure it does.
Edited by Crookston on 5/3/2013 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Kick - 5 seconds
Deadly throw - 5 seconds
Garrote - 4 seconds
Garrote - 2 seconds
Kidney shot - 6 seconds
Kick - 5 seconds
Deadly throw - 5 seconds

When did getting kicked CC people? !@#$ I'm going to start kicking people into CCs from now on!

Shh, i want to see where he is going with this
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest

A lot can happen in one second.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]