so when is 5.3?

10 Blood Elf Paladin
valor is collecting dust...this week? next week? or when?
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Don't know, I've been keeping my characters at 3k and just buying blood spirits to spend some of the conquest.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Soon™
Reply Quote
Almost certainly may 14th

This week is darkmoon fair and its unlikely they would launch during darkmoon fair, and it seems unlikely they are going to push it back to late may or early june considering how long it has been on test.

Also the predownloader is going which is almost always a 2 week warning.
Edited by Sarosha on 5/5/2013 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
When they figure out how to balance pvp.. so never!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ya i haven't worried about valor points in weeks now, last thing I bought was the tank trinket pretty much just to have because its always nice to have on use trinkets available, after that I haven't really cared as long as I'm at 3k when 5.3 hits.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
21st is my guess. We'll get a week's notice either way.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I've had the 21st pinpointed for awhile. The 28th immediately follows Memorial Day and Blizzard treats its employees well with time off during major holidays.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
a few clues will help determine it:

We will get at least a 1 week advanced notice
If we check some sites, we should see a "release candidate" before then
It is unlikely that it will be close to a major holiday, but I would not put it past blizzard if they are ready then.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Almost certainly may 14th

This week is darkmoon fair and its unlikely they would launch during darkmoon fair, and it seems unlikely they are going to push it back to late may or early june considering how long it has been on test.

Also the predownloader is going which is almost always a 2 week warning.

Not necessarily...I remember destinctly a Cata patch release that happened during Darkmoon Fair. So it's not unheard of.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Where are you reading we'll get a week notice?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Where are you reading we'll get a week notice?

Mostly cause blizzard has said they will give us notification before the patch ships, for VP reset or not, and having it a week in advance gives people a chance to either finish capping or blow it all.

However, I am leaning more on a "release candidate" patch then anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
We will get at least a 1 week advanced notice

No new arena season, so not necessarily.

If we check some sites, we should see a "release candidate" before then

Yes.

It is unlikely that it will be close to a major holiday, but I would not put it past blizzard if they are ready then.

Outside of Christmas, I don't really think they'll delay it for holidays, especially since there's no new raid content this time.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
Soon™
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Since they began using release candidates in 4.1, there has always been a minimum of 7 days between the first release candidate build and live release(usually more):

4.1 04/12 candidate, 04/26 live
4.2 06/10 candidate, 06/28 live
4.3 11/09 candidate, 11/29 live
5.1 11/13 candidate, 11/20 live
5.2 02/25 candidate, 03/05 live

http://www.wowpedia.org/Public_client_builds

There has been no release candidate yet, which implies the patch is unlikely to be tomorrow. If there isn't a release candidate by the end of tomorrow, this pattern would seem to indicate a live release no sooner than 5/21 (likely at least 2 more full weeks before 5.3).
Edited by Lutu on 5/6/2013 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I would like to point out that tomorrow's restart is a long/early restart.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8769297401

Granted this was the exact same length and start time as last week so it could mean anything, but still.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
I would like to point out that tomorrow's restart is a long/early restart.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8769297401

The long maintenance is why I checked this thread. Their won't be official blizz notice because their is no valor or arena reset. But their will be a release candidate.

So nothing tonight. Its also rare they do a extended maintenance 3 weeks in a row so probably not next week. Sit at cap or buy some offspec I don't really need hmm.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Soon rhymes with June, so I'm guessing June.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Looks like D3 got a patch today too? So they're probably staggering releases again like with the last D3 patch/5.2/Heart of the Swarm
Edited by Digerati on 5/8/2013 1:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]