Stat Priority for a Guardian Druid?

96 Tauren Druid
I'm looking it up, on both Icy-Veins and Noxxic. Noxxic tells me about 7.5% expertise. Icy-veins tells me that I need 15% expertise. Can anybody tell me the real stat priority for a Guardian Druid? I'm totally now clueless on what stats I need as a Guardian Druid now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Start with: Hit=Exp (to caps) > Crit > Haste > Agility.

Adjust as you feel necessary.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Hit and expertise should be capped, or at least close for the expertise. The reason is is you want to actually hit with your attacks to get rage. Arielle has the correct priority up there, so just follow that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid

He was asking what the cap should be (one site reported 7.5% for exp and another reported 15%).

I don't use Noxxic because it gives no theory behind its advice, so the reader has no way of verifying whether the advice is correct or not.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Straight from icy-veins, check the part I've bolded:

Expertise & Hit
These two stats are effective for both threat generation and survival. You need 7.5% Hit (2550 Rating) to no longer miss your attacks, 7.5% Expertise (2550 Rating) to no longer have attacks dodged, and 15% Expertise to no longer have your attacks parried. However, the 15% Expertise goal is not advised as your stats may be better spent elsewhere.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Expertise & Hit
These two stats are effective for both threat generation and survival. You need 7.5% Hit (2550 Rating) to no longer miss your attacks, 7.5% Expertise (2550 Rating) to no longer have attacks dodged, and 15% Expertise to no longer have your attacks parried. However, the 15% Expertise goal is not advised as your stats may be better spent elsewhere.

The issue is, expertise loses almost no value after 7.5%.

The only relevant changes are that expertise above 7.5% doesn't help when you can get behind your target or it otherwise can't parry (which can be a concern, but not always or often), and when hit+expertise combined reach 15%, FFF can't miss anymore and further hit/exp don't affect it (which is a minor loss).

If you were going to stack expertise to 7.5%, you'd value it enough to stack it up to 15%. Previous expansions had expertise's value cut in half when dodge went away, but that's no longer the case, and the "soft-cap" is practically irrelevant.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT

It doesn't actually say that: http://www.icy-veins.com/guardian-druid-wow-pve-tank-statistics-priority-reforging
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I apologize, that was off of Noxxic.

Teach me to talk to people on 3 hours of sleep. >.<
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
05/06/2013 11:47 AMPosted by Aziriel
Noxxic.

Annnnnnnnd there's your problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]