Heroic Questing Zones

90 Night Elf Druid
For those interested in seeing the old content in all the expansions, or for completing Loremaster quests the hard and fun way

-Heroic Questing Zones
  • Heroic Questing Zones activates when a player has reached the level cap for that current expansion.
  • All questing zones normalize to current level.
  • Quest rewards offer heroic armor to current level.
  • All armor appearance from quest rewards are unchanged.
  • Achievements changed from Normal to Heroic, both complete when finished.
  • Rare creatures in all zones will normalize experience and armor to current level.
  • -Elite Leveling
  • Attached elite frame around a player portrait when questing on heroic mode.
  • Talent upgrade offers a 15% bonus to damage, healing and tanking to all talent specializations when playing on heroic mode.
  • -Bug Fixes
  • When entering a cross-realm zone, a player will no longer have game freezes.
  • A player will no longer be dismounted when entering zones while riding a two-seat mount.
  • Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    What about the people that wouldn't want to do that, but were already max level? I actually see a lot of things wrong with this.

05/05/2013 06:34 PMPosted by Shramps
  • Quest rewards offer heroic armor to current level.

• So, if I were level 90, went back to Redridge Mountains, I could get Heroic Gear from the quests?

05/05/2013 06:34 PMPosted by Shramps
    Talent upgrade offers a 15% bonus to damage, healing and tanking to all talent specializations when playing on heroic mode.

Would that buff not completely contradict "or for completing Loremaster quests the hard and fun way"?

Attached elite frame around a player portrait when questing on heroic mode.

Since only players above/at the max level of that expansion could activate "Heroic Questing Zones", wouldn't that mean that EVERYONE would have that around their frames (Going off of the fact that you said the zones would normalize to the player, which would mean some sort of phasing). I don't see why the player would want an elite frame around their frame if EVERYONE had one.
    Edited by Theappfan on 5/5/2013 8:42 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    I thought it would work out with those who want to do it, others can set aside and run heroic dungeons to get gear. If they don't want to run those, they can try out questing. Say it would bring the same item level gear in heroic dungeons and questing
  • Level 70 Heroic Dungeons off certain item level gear: The Heroic Quests would bring the same item level gear as of 70 Heroic Dungeons
  • Level 80 Heroic Dungeons off certain item level gear: The Heroic Quests would bring the same item level gear as of 80 Heroic Dungeons
  • And so on.. 85, 90.
      Extra health/damage from mobs etc

When doing the heroic quests.. The elite frame around your portrait would appear and be phased into a seperate world. As an addon based thing for those who have the mod, it can appear without the addon. Just so you would know you are on Heroic quests.

But they say.. why would someone want to do this in Outland when they can level faster in Northrend? The heroic quests would be just as difficult at level 90 if you were to do the Outlands quests. Meaning, each level you go.. the mobs go with. If you were 90, then the mobs in Outlands would be 90, with the same loot appearance from either mobs or quest rewards, but with current item level stats.

Unlock Heroic Outlands quests at 70, and when you hit 70, the mobs will level with you to 90.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    How would this work with group questing if one person is higher level than the other? Simple

• Creatures brought down to the lowest level person in the group
  • What about Vanilla content?

• Unlock at level 60
  • Item level raise
  • Creature buffs, etc.
  • Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Why do Heroic when I can do Normal?
  • Heroic Quests have bonus experience and upgraded items.
  • Would this get rid of Normal Questing? Either its hard or its not hard, your completing the same quests, just on another level. If you find a quest difficult, you can switch to normal and get the regular amount of experience and items.
    Will I miss out on the heroic achievement if i switch to normal?
  • Normal quests will be as usual, while heroic quests will be where you left off at.
  • How does this work if I change it to normal and that I'm not on the quest-line to finish it?
    Since if you were doing all of the Heroic quests, it will match up with the normal quests. Making this achievement count double as in
    "Yeah, im behind on my Heroic quests, but my normal quests have been complete. Anyone want to help me with the Heroic quests? Sure"
    -Blahblah has earned the achievement: Outland Quests
    -Blahblah has earned the achievement: Heroic Outland Quests
    Same as if you were to complete Scarlet halls your first time, but at level 90
    -Blahblah has earned the achievement: Scarlet Halls
    -Blahblah has earned the achievement: Heroic Scarlet Halls
    Edited by Shramps on 5/5/2013 10:05 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Gnome Mage
    This would add such a thrill to the game! Let's taste it!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]