Leblue's Luscious Linguine (Healer OT)

90 Tauren Monk
But since I work at a college bookstore, finals week also means buyback week. I'm working 34 hours next week, and I get to spend every one of them disappointing then with very low buyback prices =(

Oh you spent $200 on this book? the best I can do is $25.
90 Tauren Monk
Grades are in. I passed. Go me.
90 Tauren Priest
Grats Mist!

Our semester is almost over. I can't tell if I'm really good at school or really bad it.

Just finished a 2k word research essay in ~25 minutes total. I'll get a B+. Community College is hard.
90 Dwarf Priest
Grats Mist!

Our semester is almost over. I can't tell if I'm really good at school or really bad it.

Just finished a 2k word research essay in ~25 minutes total. I'll get a B+. Community College is hard.

Damn, my 8 page Marine Ecology paper took me like 5 hours. Though most of the time was spent trying to find sources. Apparently mutualistic relationships in marine environments are not very well studied.

Also, I thought it was an 8 page minimum. It was an 8 page maximum. Most people did like 4 or 5 pages. Whoops.
90 Tauren Priest
I strive for mediocrity in all aspects of my life and just barely met the minimum requirements. The topic is just "about music and/or culture", so I wrote about the impact the internet has had on music. Poof. 2k words/5 sources.

I don't put forth any effort and still yield B's in every class. Not really sure if that's the intention or not. I'm !@#$ed for when I go to real college :P
90 Dwarf Priest
I strive for mediocrity in all aspects of my life and just barely met the minimum requirements. The topic is just "about music and/or culture", so I wrote about the impact the internet has had on music. Poof. 2k words/5 sources.

I don't put forth any effort and still yield B's in every class. Not really sure if that's the intention or not. I'm !@#$ed for when I go to real college :P

That does sound a lot easier than a paper on what defenses have evolved against "cheating" in a mutualism. I included around 4 or 5 studies and also talked about game theory and the Prisoner's Dilemma. The topic was one I chose though, and I did find it really interesting.

"Real" college isn't very hard either. I mostly just go to class and not take notes, cram for the test the night before, and do well. I also do all assignments either the day before or the morning of, depending on what time the class is. College is easy.
90 Dwarf Priest
Gratz Mist.

So I went to see the advisor and registered for classes.

It did not go well. My track record of failure haunts me. Not sure I will be able to get my 1.49 GPA back up to a 2.0 And I don't know if my attempted:completed ratio will be okay for Spring even if I take a full load and pass it all during the fall.

I will not know about financial aid till the first of June.

The advisor recommended I take MTH 112 (I opted instead to try to improve my old C in it and remember things I've forgotten. The rest are things I am going to try to retake and fix Fs)

ALL of this failure was due to me just not going to class. Like at all. I'd go for a month then just not show up.

So if (and it's a big if) I can convince my dear old crappy community college to take me back, older maybe wiser, I will go to my classes this time. Even if I am frightened of other people and very depressed I will still go.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Winni, do you have another community college in your area? Not necessarily "convenient commute distance", but "in the same region so that you still get in-state/in-county tuition"?

If so, consider starting over. Typically, community colleges will accept you even if you did badly at a different school.

Also, have you considered trying to do most of your classes online? Community colleges have greatly expanded their online offerings in the last few years.
90 Dwarf Priest
I don't know. Calhoun Community College is the only one that I am aware of in North Alabama.

JF Drake is a technical college (cosmetology, HVAC, et.)
Athens State is technically a two year college and they do the last two years of a 4 year degree.
UAH is the big boy school nearby (the ones who told me, yeah no, you where a failure at community college so you want to come here? HA!)
If I went anywhere further than that it would have to be online only as my old car is not that reliable. I tell people I drive a '96 Chrysler Christine.

It sure would be nice to start over. Frankly I wish I could just tabula rosa and pretend I'd never been before.
90 Troll Shaman
I'm having so much trouble staying awake today. My bed is just soooo comfy though.

I had like 3 cups of coffee and I'll be raiding in an hour... So maybe I should just take a cold shower or something.

I'm eating an apple for dinner, 'cause I'm too tired to cook. =(
90 Night Elf Priest
All this talk about college is depressing. I mean, my local community college charges 315/credit hour.

So to take one class, I'm paying 1200.

I'll never finish at this rate. And I make *too much* for financial aid. Even though 12/hr just barely keeps a roof over my head. meh.

*grumble grumble* I know I complain about this all the time, it's just ... irritating.
90 Dwarf Priest
All this talk about college is depressing. I mean, my local community college charges 315/credit hour.

So to take one class, I'm paying 1200.

I'll never finish at this rate. And I make *too much* for financial aid. Even though 12/hr just barely keeps a roof over my head. meh.

*grumble grumble* I know I complain about this all the time, it's just ... irritating.

That seems pretty expensive for a community college. That really sucks, no one should be denied an education because they can't afford it.
90 Night Elf Priest
It's the area.

They've kept increasing their prices each year too.

I just want my physics degree, so that I can go to graduate school, so I can lock myself in a research lab and do meaningless thinking and publishing for the rest of forever for hopefully a few dollars more than what I make now.

It's not a big goal -_-
90 Dwarf Priest
Well, at $110 in state per hour Calhoun is a good deal.
But I am not sure with books and all I could even scrape that together for one class. Although it is a thought if I am not eligible for financial aid due to academic standing. Currently trying to put together a plan C in case this falls through.

I reckon in a way getting married and having a child did sort of serve my purpose for it.
I gathered about myself people who count on me to provide and clean and nurture even during the long stretches when I just don't care or feel like trying anymore. It also means that I have to look after them even though I lack the means and the will to look after myself but at least it gave me a default answer to the why of life. Now I am just missing the how.
90 Pandaren Monk
Breathe deep, the gathering gloom
Watchlights fade from every room
Bedsitter people look back and lament
Another day's useless energy spent

Impassioned lovers wrestle as one
Lonely man cries for love and has none
New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young

Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is grey, and yellow, white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion

----

Tonight is very much a classic hard rock night. Yes, Rush, Boston, Kansas, Fleetwood Mac, older Queen, Styx, The Moody Blues, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Eagles, Electric Light Orchestra, Jethro Tull...

I need help. :C
Edited by Fistlobster on 5/10/2013 5:35 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
05/10/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Mist
But since I work at a college bookstore, finals week also means buyback week. I'm working 34 hours next week, and I get to spend every one of them disappointing then with very low buyback prices =(

Oh you spent $200 on this book? the best I can do is $25.

basically, I always sold mine on amazon :P Got way more :D

And grats Mist!
90 Blood Elf Mage

Congrats Mist!
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Congratulations :) Must be nice to have that all behind you.

Tonight is very much a classic hard rock night. Yes, Rush, Boston, Kansas, Fleetwood Mac, older Queen, Styx, The Moody Blues, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Eagles, Electric Light Orchestra, Jethro Tull...

Sounds like a good night to me!
90 Pandaren Monk

Congrats, sir! :D
90 Dwarf Priest
Finally finished A Test of Valor. Yay, I can get my next legendary whatever, right?

WRONG.

I can't believe we have to win two BGs to continue the quest line. I did Temple of Kotmogu twice and we got slaughtered both times. I can't stand PvP. I'm terrible at it and I don't have the gear for it, but now I'm forced to do it until I can win for this stupid quest. AAAAAAAAARGH.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]