Will blizz ever update moonkin form?

90 Pandaren Monk
Seems like a multi million dollar company like blizz could've updated moonkin form back when they updated cat/bear form, yet it seems like they either don't care, or they're just lazy.

Have any of you read any info regarding the moonkin update? has blizz even given hints concerning the date of the possible upgrade to the form?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
There are far bigger issues in the game right now than the laser chicken form being outdated.

There are far older and more outdated graphics as well.

Don't like the form, glyph stars.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Updating a model in wow isn't an easy task, and with more druid races than before, it would take even longer.

I suspect they'll do it eventually (really needs it) but for now, you can use Glyph of the Stars.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Blizzard has been saying that an update is coming since around wotlk I believe. But for now it definitely won't happen before the old race models get updated.

I believe the official stance is that it is coming Soon™.
Edited by Tagartou on 5/8/2013 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I have no hope for updates because Glyph of Stars exists. Maybe in 6.0...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Well there are the above arguments are good however here is my side:

Feral: Thats simple they are cats

Guardian: Bears very simple

Restoration: Tree's of life and druids are attuned to nature

Balance: WTF is a moonkin? Its an imaginary creature. I think Blizzard did the best they could. Giant furry chickens. Do YOU have any bright ideas on how to revamp an imaginary creature? Because I sure dont

I enjoy my glyph of stars I am able to show off my X-mog. Thats one thing I can brag about to my fellow feral and guardian druids.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Balance: WTF is a moonkin? Its an imaginary creature. I think Blizzard did the best they could. Giant furry chickens. Do YOU have any bright ideas on how to revamp an imaginary creature? Because I sure dont
Higher poly models instead of just using the models from the mobs. More racial features. Animations that aren't ripped from ogres.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Better question will they ever update Character models? I'm fine with Boomkin getting skipped if they would update Character Models...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Higher poly models instead of just using the models from the mobs. More racial features. Animations that aren't ripped from ogres.

I, for one, would enjoy pelvic thrusting as our cast animation.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I, for one, would enjoy pelvic thrusting as our cast animation.
Only if the windup takes exactly as long as the spell. I would laugh too hard in bloodlust to actually do damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Now that we have Glyph of the Stars, I think Boomkin form has fallen all the way to the bottom of the priority list. Blizzard talked a lot about giving Boomkin an update in the past - but who is to say that the Glyph of the Stars alternative is not that update?

How would you update Boomchicken? Would you keep the Moonchicken form, or redesign it entirely? If so, Glyph of Stars did that.

I actually like Glyph of Stars form, I think it makes much more aesthetic sense than a random Owlkin.

A differently coloured or spectral Treant would suit Balance as well, I think.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
/vote pelvic thrusting casting animation
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
When you hit the problem, when trolls are outdated aswell as moonkin

There are far bigger issues in the game right now than the laser chicken form being outdated.

There are far older and more outdated graphics as well.

Don't like the form, glyph stars.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]