Bought 70$ worth of TCG packs

11 packs for me.
Opened them all.
No loot cards, and UDE cards are useless now.

This ever happen to any of you guys so I don't feel as bad?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
$70 would buy me a new miniatures army. There's no way I'd spend that kind of money on Internet "trading cards."

But still, I'm not sure why you'd feel "bad." It's your money, use it how YOU want to.
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Hunter
$70 would buy me a new miniatures army. There's no way I'd spend that kind of money on Internet "trading cards."

But still, I'm not sure why you'd feel "bad." It's your money, use it how YOU want to.

reads post

reads guild name
Reply Quote

I can make way over 70$ in a day, I realized that.
Still, it's kinda depressing, but whatever, I'm pretty much over it.
Just curious if this happened to someone else.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I haven't done this because it's pretty much the same thing as gambling. I hear that no one plays the TCG.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Over $6 a pack? I hope you were buying Fires of Outland.

I've probably spent that much or more buying packs here and there. Since I'm buying a house in the next month I've cut back on excess spending so now when a new set comes out I just buy the minipet card for $5 on ebay.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
A friend of mine bought an entire box of booster packs. He got a handful of goodies but nothing big like the mounts or pets. It cost him around $200, as I recall.
Reply Quote
I've bought little packs in the past, got nothing more than little stuff like Landro's Lil XT, etc....
Got some flower item where it leaves a trail of flowers/petals when you run.

I heard that it IS possible to obtain older mounts though to this day, something about archives.... don't know much details, I've been meaning to look into it.
Reply Quote
72 Undead Priest
That's very normal, especially with the old boosters... (from experience) the chance of getting a loot card from them seems really abysmal. The newer boosters have pets that are relatively common, so at least with those you don't feel ripped off when buying multiple packs (though I have had dry streaks with those as well.)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I was buying a pack occasionally. Then a friend working at a store found some old packs outback. They were selling them for about $1 a piece. Of course I didn't realize it at the time, but they were old old ones... ones that the OP mentioned with bad codes and such. I say this because at one point Bliz changed the company they did the TCG through. The old company card codes are now no good.

So now if I want a TCG pet, I'll just watch ebay for it. Bought the few I have for $5 or less. Much better this way than buying a pack and hoping. Granted I'll never get a mount this way, I'm happy with it.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
I thought upper deck packs could be 'scaled' so that the chance of getting loot cards out of them at this point depends on you buying a sealed box.

Also, as you were buying the older packs made by Upper Deck, the loot rarity for pets, mounts and miscellaneous goodies were all rarer back then, 1 in 200-260packs according to a tcg loot website. So if you're buying just to get that "winning" feel, stick with the newer series.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]