Glyph of Treant form and breaking roots.

90 Tauren Druid
The fact that treant form cannot does not grant immunity to polymorph effects is one thing, but why does it not break roots? Would that be over powered? I think the answer is no and here is why.
Travel form costs 3360 mana -- Can only be used outdoors
Treant form (Glyph) costs 3360 mana
Cat form costs 2220 mana
Since cat form costs less mana, makes you faster, and makes you immune to polly, that makes it more efficient to use cat form to break roots when indoors. Glyph of Treant form is a minor and purely cosmetic glyph that many druids are rather fond of. Allowing it to break roots would allow this cosmetic glyph to be used in PvP and it would provide NO further benefit to healers aside from them looking like a tree.
Let me know if I have overlooked a reason that Treant breaking roots would overpower the resto spec in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thing is if you go cat or any other form, you need to waste a GCD to get back into caster form to return to healing. If you can shift from caster to treant or vice versa out of roots you essentially save a global cooldown.

Edit: Actually nevermind, I think you can just instantly cast a heal from cat/trave/etc and it will automatically shift you back into caster form without costing you a GCD. So you're right.
Edited by Andrew on 5/2/2013 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Let me know if I have overlooked a reason that Treant breaking roots would overpower the resto spec in pvp.

I feel like when they put it back in the game they didn't put it in as a "real" druid shapeshift. I've noticed, and been irritated by, the fact that you have to cancel form before you can mount instead of mounting just breaking it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You pretty much only have to worry about being rooted in PVP and the last thing you should want to do is announce to everyone in sight that you're a healer by using tree form. Sure you can still be identified as a healer, but tree form is like putting a giant target on your face. Even bad players can spot a tree.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
last thing you should want to do is announce to everyone in sight that you're a healer by using tree form. Sure you can still be identified as a healer, but tree form is like putting a giant target on your face. Even bad players can spot a tree.

Good thing any druid can use it. -- Guardian Druid goes Tree Form -> tanks entire team -> real healers still healing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If you are running regular bgs then yea they will know you are healing. But in arena/rated they know you are healing anyways. I just want the option to be tree form if it does not make me any better than the current thing is.

I feel like when they put it back in the game they didn't put it in as a "real" druid shapeshift. I've noticed, and been irritated by, the fact that you have to cancel form before you can mount instead of mounting just breaking it.

I'm not asking for polymorph immunity, I just want to break roots. So idk if it needs to be a "real" shapeshift ability.

[quote]
Good thing any druid can use it. -- Guardian Druid goes Tree Form -> tanks entire team -> real healers still healing.

I used to go tree as feral for this reason xD
Reply Quote
81 Tauren Druid
I Can't Seem To Find Glyph Of Treant In Orgrimmar AH Or Even Glyph Of Stars Can Any Please Help Me Find Any Of These? It would Really help Allot Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It can't grant poly immunity since it'd give the druid 100% poly immunity while healing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Cosmetic glyph is cosmetic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]