Good starter healer?

90 Tauren Druid
I started with my druid, and I have since played all classes of healers - and I love druid the most <3

Ditto

~ I still play other healers but always come back to my druid. To each their own, some ppl prefer other healers but I love my druid. So much so, I leveled another to 90 recently. lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Druids are very very easy. Teaches you patience as well.

Edit: didn't mean that to offend druids, but it does have a smaller learning curve.
Edited by Vishtara on 5/10/2013 8:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Healing as anything other than a monk feels weird, backwards, and overly simplistic. So any class other than a monk would work.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Druids are very very easy. Teaches you patience as well.

Edit: didn't mean that to offend druids, but it does have a smaller learning curve.

Nah we agree with you. Druid really boils down to:
1) Cast Wild Growth
2) Cast Swiftmend
3) Cast Rejuv when WG/SM are on cd
4) Keep lifebloom up

And Regrowth on procs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I'm new to World of Warcraft, and the first class that I really got into was a Holy Priest. It's really easy to use, and I really enjoy the spells. Many people told me to go to Discipline, but I don't know... it just didn't appeal to me. I did O-K damage, but Holy is really for people who aren't worried about getting damage in. They mainly want to heal. After awhile, I got my Secondary Spec and I made it Shadow. It's amaaazzing. You can do good damage, while still being able to heal yourself. There isn't as many healing spells as Holy/Disc, but there is still a good amount. It's really helpful, honestly. When I am playing Shadow, I tend to be a bit more selfish in the sense that... when I'm holy, I focus on healing everyone around me. When I'm playing Shadow, I heal others, but I'm paying more attention to my own HP. Anyway, I would really suggest going Holy with Shadow as a secondary. If you get bored healing, you can change to Damage at anytime.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
For me, from easiest to most difficult at the start of the game.

Disc Priest
Holy Priest / Paladin
Resto Shaman
Resto Druid

Monk - Have not tried

I would go with Paladin or Priest, both have been solid since Wrath, can't say the same about the rest.
Edited by Maece on 5/14/2013 12:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
For a starter healer, paladins are not friendly. The class itself isn't rough, if you can avoid being swamped by all of the utility Hand spells.

But it's the leveling aspect. If you do level through dungeons, you have to need on cloth and leather gear, angering other players that don't realize that caster mail doesn't drop from bosses until after level 40 or so when you swap to plate. If you plan to do regular content, holy dps, though sufficient, is subpar. And if you choose to grab an offspec, well, you now need an entire second set of gear, which Priests, Druids, and Shaman get to avoid (Monks are in a similar position as paladins, but I hear their dps in caster gear is pretty good as a Mistweaver. And THEY at least get heirlooms. I mean, 5% Int really isn't anything amazing, but wearing cloth/leather/mail heirlooms as a paladin is like being rained on by sadness, always). :(

Priest is definitely a solid choice, or Druid for those that prefer that flavor of class.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This makes me think of me standing in front of mobs shouting "Thou shall not pass!" and then promptly getting one-shotted.

Well, what do you expect when a mage tries to tank a boss?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
My best advice is dont start with monk unless your pretty familiar with healing abilities itself, want to learn AND read abilities. And also love to micro manage.

Everything else is fairly simple. I'll give my 2 cents though

In order from easiest on left to most difficult on right when starting to heal

Paladin > Resto Druid > Disc Priest > Holy Priest > MW Monk
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
My best advice is dont start with monk unless your pretty familiar with healing abilities itself, want to learn AND read abilities. And also love to micro manage.

Everything else is fairly simple. I'll give my 2 cents though

In order from easiest on left to most difficult on right when starting to heal

Paladin > Resto Druid > Disc Priest > Holy Priest > MW Monk

Y u h8 shamans?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Discipline priest and mistweaver monk can be hard to get used to. Restoration Druid has it's tricks in managing hots but it's been awhile since i've played it so i'm not really sure.

From my own experience, healing as a restoration shaman wasn't too hard to get into and really fun, hence it's my main role and toon ever.

I've heard both holy paladins and priests are easy to get into but i'm only leveling a priest right now so i can't tell you much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]