RP - Little game

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I do have a mount I treat as a pet. Two actually. My wolf, Snarltooth, and my dragon, Avrae.

((Has your character done anything that was so crazy it was funny?))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yes, she laughs when she is nervous or scared. Highlighting a time where she was on a voyage to Northrend with an assortment of other warriors and passengers. She started laughing hysterically when the ship was caught in an almost fatal storm, prompting members of the crew to start laughing as well.

What is that one thing your character gets up for in the morning?
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Mage
((Lorccan McGlashen, Paladin))

If it’s a bad day, it’s because my partner, Frommhell, has kicked me, and we’re about to get attacked.

If it’s a good day, it’s to do the work the Light and Frommhell spared me from a life of imprisonment to do.

If it’s a great day, it’s because my love, Roxanne, is whispering sexy things in my ear, and I have some time to treat her like the treasure I’m lucky to have found, and so rarely get to show her.

How do you treat yourself?
Edited by Brandbombe on 5/20/2013 3:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
How do you treat yourself?

"I... I'm not entirely sure.

The vast majority of my time is spent contemplating the world around me, commiserating with those who suffer, radiating the warmth of the joyful, consoling the grieving, and healing the wounded.

I seldom spare contemplation for my own state."

If your character could have a Big Book of Everything in one particular physical discipline or school of magic, which would they choose? Hypothetical, now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
"I would have to say a book on frost magic for the reason I have always had an interest in that since I was young. My friend that I have known for years is a frost mage and being able to see what frost magic is and what it does, I would like to have a book telling about the wonders of frost magic, and yes I know I'm a hunter and i do not regret choosing this way for I would have never found my companion Lóng (a dragonhawk). But long story short I would like a book of frost magic"

:what/who is the most important in your life
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Finding an Archaeological artifact to put my name alongside of Brann Bronzebeard.

What does your character do when he is not adventuring or doing anything heroic? What is his average joe time spent doing?
Edited by Savardo on 5/22/2013 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Finding an Archaeological artifact to put my name alongside of Brann Bronzebeard.

What does your character do when he is not adventuring or doing anything heroic? What is his average joe time spent doing?

Urivial's professions are both IC, so he spends a lot of his free time either tinkering with his engineering upgrades to achieve the maximum effect, or prospecting/cutting gems to sell on the market. He's a moderately wealthy individual, but most of his gold just goes into funding his engineering projects, or into the Stormwind Orphanage where he grew up.

What is your character willing to fight for? (Could be something as selfish as themself :3)
Reply Quote
Well seeing as though 5.3 just came out... He's surely going to fight for Garrosh's downfall.

Buuut, he has risked his whole life trying to stop a crazed Executor to help his friend take over the organization. He's the kinda guy you ask to do something, and if he likes you, he'll get it done. He's really willing to fight for anything HE believes is right. He's not a mindless brute. He's got brains too.

Question: What is the toughest obstacle your character has had to overcome? (Whether it be surviving in the wilderness, busting out of a jail, or killing a crazed warlord.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/22/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Canniibal
What is the toughest obstacle your character has had to overcome?

"Probably mastering my own emotions.

To illustrate the difficulty of the task, I still haven't."

I'll just repeat the question to hear more answers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/22/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Traleda
What is the toughest obstacle your character has had to overcome?

"Probably mastering my own emotions.

To illustrate the difficulty of the task, I still haven't."

I'll just repeat the question to hear more answers.

((laaaaaaaazy, u so lazy))

Surprisingly the loss of my... agelessness... is not the toughest. I have to overcome, and still am overcoming, the gap of time I put myself in, spending over 90% of my life sleeping in the emerald dream. I barely know the alliance or the horde. I would love to just ignore the rest of the world and return to my dream, but my Shan'do advised against it for all of us. So alas, I am forced to live in this world, wide awake.
/sigh

((So many questions have been asked already I have few ideas... Hmmm If your character could say... bribe a bronze dragon and go back in time to change 1 small event related him/herself, would they? And what event? [not like -stop the dark portal from forming- more like -spent my grandfather's inheritance on that sword instead of a giraffe-] and Without the "If you didn't get that giraffe then the war would have been lost because..." headache.))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If your character could say... bribe a bronze dragon and go back in time to change 1 small event related him/herself, would they?

"Hm. There aren't many things I could change in my past without fundamentally changing who I am. One misplaced change and I could destroy my own sense of empathy or set a Grandfather Paradox in motion.

No. It's simply not worth the butterfly effect. I may not like the events of my past, but I'm content with how they shaped me."

If your character were given a chance to see a future, and it turned out to be a Bad Future (not After the End, but a simple Bad Future), how would they react?
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Mage
(Lorccan McGlashen, Paladin)

I’ve had a rather bad past, not as bad as some mind you, this I know, but still not one I’d wish on anyone. I’ve not been as bad some, but I’ve been rather terrible, and once, not a man you’d want to meet. I was quick to put my faith in the wrong things, the wrong people, and let my expectations crush me when they were not met, but now I see things differently, consider things with a temperance that, admittedly, I’m still trying to master, but with a focus and perspective I had not known before. So the future will bring what it may; with foresight, perhaps I can prevent impending ill, but utilizing hindsight, I know I will do my best, and weather the worst.

With that in mind, in my profession, there is the pervading reality that I could be dead in the very near future, however, also the inextinguishable hope that I will live a long time to come yet, but the later will also mean there will come a day when I am not so fit for the fray. What are your retirement plans?
Reply Quote
13 Human Warlock
(( McClark is a necromancer, not a warlock, just use the warlock class so I can have the more dark look ))

Retirement plans? I hope that day never comes. If anything, I hope one day I may have the gift of undeath without becoming a rotting corpse, much like the death knights of the Lich King. But I suppose if I the time did come where the curse of old age comes upon me, my only request before I die is for that damn paladin Alexander to die a slow death and to be raised as a forever undead servant to me. I will never forget the time when he nearly took off my limbs...the cult had come just in time to save my hide, that bastard trying to kick me while I was down. Never will I forget that wide grin on his face when he was readying that fatal blow.

Enough about me though. If you could resurrect someone from the grave and be with them for one day, who would it be and why?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you could resurrect someone from the grave and be with them for one day, who would it be and why?

"Oh Light forbid. Do I have to answer?"

Traleda frowns.

"It'd be my minn'da, probably. I never got to know my parents in life very well and the few memories I have of her are fond.

I found a soulstone of hers recently, actually. I think my ann'da made it. Her sweet voice rings pleasantly in my ears, and I don't know whether or not to cherish it fondly or let her go.

I do NOT wish him well. My ann'da, I mean. I destroyed his soulstone when I found it next to hers, after making it fully clear I was not happy with his choices.

And mine.

I destroyed that one as well. The idea of being confined to a soulstone, even temporarily, horrifies me. I would rather simply face my fate.

I will not say where I found them."

Traleda faces you directly.

"This is fairly personal, and I ask you to not treat my past frivolously."

((If your character has living parents, how would they react to hear that their parents recently died? If their parents are dead, how would they react to having a chance to speak with their spirits? For the purposes of this question, a Forsaken whose parents in life also became Forsaken should choose the "living parents" section.))
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
((I don't know much on Night Elves related to death other than a few scant tid bits :( ))
-Vyn ponders the question for a decent amount of time-

"My parents were killed when I was only a few centuries old. If I was offered a chance to speak to them one more time, I would most likely turn the opportunity down. It was so long ago. Yes it was sudden and jarring at the time, but I have no lingering feelings. What would I have to tell them anyway?"

-Vyn looks up and the sky and closes her eyes-

"No, they are with Elune now. There is nothing left to tell and nothing left to say between us."

((What is your character's favorite zone/area/dungeon to visit/explore?))
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Mage
((Frommhell, Human Paladin))

Azeroth is full of wonders and horrors to behold, in geography both natural and man-made, and cultures despicable and splendid, and my heart goes out to them all, and my soul calls it home. But still, it was my first step off world that provides me with a memory of profound resonance.

We had all known it was there: the origins of conquest-driven invaders, the tomb of some or our bravest heroes, the rumoured retreat of a dangerous madman, and the home, of sorts, of beleaguered new friends, and yet for all eye-witness accounts, all rational proof of its existence, Outland was still just stories, words, a realm of imaging. It wasn’t the strange warping sensation of my body as I passed through the portal, or the dry, demon-befouled dust that choked my first breath of foreign air, or the cacophony of battle raging upon the Stair of Destiny that assaulted my ears, or the bleak, scorched hellscape surrounding it that dizzied my mind and stirred my soul to amazement, terror, and transcendence.

My eyes drifted sky-ward, to satellites so close I had to raise my hand to be sure they were still too distant to touch, to neighbouring planets ringed by dancing asteroids, to ribbons of cosmic dust like highways through the universe, to a star so distant yet so brilliant it lit the shattered world as bright as any fine day in Elwynn. So unlike the Azrothian sky, seemingly empty in comparison to the domineering sun in its blue horizons, remote in is juxtaposition to distant night stars, so lonely in its solitary companionship with the moon. My concept of the universe expanded by an infinite exponential in this confined and crowded vista, and at once, made me feel so terribly small, yet incredibly vital.

It is one thing to believe with rational mind, with weighted philosophy, with calculative logic, or evidence of personal experience that you and your work are significant to the well-being of a community, a country, or even a world, but to gaze into the open, unabashed face of the universe, and still know that yours is a minute sampling of its infinite possibility… How great the responsibility to make the most out of your own possibilities! How inspiring to strive for Lightly promise! How imperative it becomes to defend the potential!

I went to Outland as a simple soldier of the Light, to defend my singular world of Azeroth from dark forces, but I returned home with the sublime recognition that, even in my small and humble role, I was the Light’s guardian of the Heavens.

>>>

From my Azrothian viewpoint, Garrosh Hellscream has posed himself to currently be the greatest menace of planetary security. Some believe he is a man of great strength and honour, whose aggressive ambition is devoted to the security of his culture, and this motivation is something to which I can relate and respect, if still oppose the method. But some believe he is a vane fool with a dangerous weapon; a weapon that may yet be the tool of his demise, and cost all sides even more dearly than it already has. Given the opportunity of say, being dropped on a small deserted island with him, with no war machine to back either of you, what would you do? Are you a faithful follower dedicated to his survival and rescue? How do you hope he would value that effort? Are you a Horde or an Alliance opposed to his politics? Do you think you could talk sense to him, or would you forgo that possibility for immediate extermination of a not perhaps just a clear and present danger to yourself, but for a greater world benefit?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
From my Azrothian viewpoint, Garrosh Hellscream has posed himself to currently be the greatest menace of planetary security. Some believe he is a man of great strength and honour, whose aggressive ambition is devoted to the security of his culture, and this motivation is something to which I can relate and respect, if still oppose the method. But some believe he is a vane fool with a dangerous weapon; a weapon that may yet be the tool of his demise, and cost all sides even more dearly than it already has. Given the opportunity of say, being dropped on a small deserted island with him, with no war machine to back either of you, what would you do? Are you a faithful follower dedicated to his survival and rescue? How do you hope he would value that effort? Are you a Horde or an Alliance opposed to his politics? Do you think you could talk sense to him, or would you forgo that possibility for immediate extermination of a not perhaps just a clear and present danger to yourself, but for a greater world benefit?

((Wow this one is tough to answer. As the player, especially after reading tides of war, I would try to kill him, injure him, do some amount of damage to him in the hopes that if I fail, someone else could finish him off. I hate him with a strange passion. Funny, considering its a game, but thinking about him makes my blood boil. But what would Vyn do?))

Small deserted island? If possible I would like to kill him. I do not mind many of the horde, but Garrosh has no respect for Azeroth in my eyes. I would want to be in my cat form, stealthed in the shadows, observing him. Waiting for that moment to strike. But I do not know the details of your island. Should stealth be unavailable to me, I would run out into the ocean and become my orca form, watching him from afar. I do know I would not try to reason with him, but I would let him speak. That is if he made the inclination to do so. I doubt, from what I've seen and heard, that Garrosh would try to speak with a night elf.

I do know that unless we are only on the island for a few hours, I would not attack him unless I was sure I could strike him down. Even if I must resort to waiting for dehydration or starvation to kick in.

Of course if we were only there for a few hours and I could see an alliance, horde, or both ships in the distance heading our way, I would attack and just try to survive until the ships arrive. If horde only, I would attempt to retreat into the ocean once they were close enough to help Garrosh.

-----

((I am going to be lazy here. I want to ask the same question I just answered. This one would be interesting to see multiple takes on, with 5.3 out and the war against Garrosh slowing escalating))
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Paladin
((Ok, going to admit upfront that I've yet to formally RP anything; but this game sounded fun, so I'll give it a try. Really wanting to try in-game RP, but not sure what to expect and I'm afraid of investing time into something I may end up not liking.))

*pauses between words sporadically, struggling to translate his thoughts into Orcish*
"Having been... raised? ...in a quiet corner of the barrens, I– ...lack the knowledge of Garrosh's past, so I wouldn't bother to try and, ermph... empathize with the 'Warchief.' He has done far too much- contrary to the values that Cairne and Thrall worked to... to- ostrich? No, establish? Establish."
*grins slightly after finding that last word*

"Out of the many choices you have made in your life thus far, what decision gives you the most regret?"
((Or you can continue the previous question; it is a pretty interesting one. :P))
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
"Oh now that’s easy. Stupidest thing I ever done was join the Defias. I was just a dumb kid, bored out of my mind in middle-of-nowhere Westfall and they promised me everything I didn’t have and thought I needed; money, excitement, a place to belong. Too bad it was all a load of crap.

One of those bastards knifed my brother in the back. Gabe never hurt nobody, but they killed him anyway. I got a lot of sins to make up form, and hopefully serving the Light might make amends for some of them, but there aint no atoning for that."

((If your character doesn’t currently have children, and suddenly found out they/their significant other is pregnant how would they react/prepare for kids? Or if they have kids ICly, same question applying to their first born? ))
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have several answers for this one, a few in Zhao's case and a few in my former main Rosyllyn's case.

Zhao would be more or less content with pregnancy; worried about required finances but otherwise happy for the experience. Preparation would likely include getting a second job and pondering whether or not she is entirely fit for motherhood.

Ros, being younger and married to her work, would either see pregnancy as an impediment or make some experiment out of the experience. Preparation would be next to non existent in the former case as she would turn the child over to an orphanage as soon as it was out of her. In the case of the later, she may take time set up tests and such to run the child through; money is, at the moment, of little concern to her. This also goes for if she had a significant other who was pregnant.

To your character, what is the meaning of life? ((I will slap a kitten if you say 42))
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]