Controlled Trap Popping

94 Blood Elf Hunter
Any chance we can get an ability to manually trigger all active traps? There have been a couple instances where (while using trap launcher) I placed a trap within the red ring under a boss, only to find that it is still out of range of the boss to trigger. It would be nice to have an ability with maybe a 30 second cooldown that set off any traps you had lying around.

It could even have uses in conjunction with talents like "Black Ice" providing a quick speed boost to a select area, rather than an area where enemies have already run through.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
sounds really cool maybe built it into the traps them selves, after you use the selected trap, its icon can change to a detonate mode until the CD on that trap refreshes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
reminds me of the rogue in rift I think it was.. you would throw bomms on someone then detonate them at how ever many stacks you wanted .. was pretty OP at the time and fun as hell . .Would love to see that implemented here for traps.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hmm, its feasible. after all, traps used in hunting can be manualy triggered or automatic. something as simple as pulling a wire tied to the triggeting mechanism, or shooting the traps trigger could easily do it.

The only thing I can see that would be negative, would be how it could be used as a cheep stealth breaking tactic(explosive trap). Also, some traps (IE freezing trap) would have to be limited in the regard that something has to be able to be effected (small radius), and as for survivals entrapment passive, there would have to be a radius for its effect as well if triggering snake trap (or it could only effect the target, sicking the snakes on said target instead). Frost trap, that would enable hunters to keep certain areas covered in a slow non stop, not sure how op that would be in BGs.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Also, some traps (IE freezing trap) would have to be limited in the regard that something has to be able to be effected (small radius),

yeah i don't think it'll benefit from this function either. but if it does work then it will probably at least force the activation while druids and rogues /lol-trample over it.
Frost trap, that would enable hunters to keep certain areas covered in a slow non stop, not sure how op that would be in BGs.

its would be an improvement to that trap since you'll actually be able to make immidiate use of the other 10 yard radius when it triggers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]