jinyu boss--

100 Pandaren Monk
Wise Mari in temple of the jade serpent does has a rotating AE, and for the life of me I don't get this stage- is mele DPS expected to stop DPSing and avoid getting hit by his water?
My guess is yes, since it doesn't seem like you can do anything other move and to not get hit.

I'm confused when(if at all) I'd want to use storm/earth/fire-

-Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
You can move AND dps....
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
You can move AND dps....

I've to by using STEF and sping crane kick (with the glyph).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Just run in a circle while you're doing damage to him. Try running with your mouse (both mouse buttons) while using the number keys at the top of your keyboard to use your abilities, unless you're already doing this... but I don't think you'd be asking how to move while doing damage if you were already doing this :)
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
Wise Mari in temple of the jade serpent does has a rotating AE, and for the life of me I don't get this stage- is mele DPS expected to stop DPSing and avoid getting hit by his water?
My guess is yes, since it doesn't seem like you can do anything other move and to not get hit.

-Thanks
This thread shouldn't even exist...

You're a melee DPS, you can strafe around him and DPS at the same time with no downtime.

Use your mouse to control the direction you go, use q/a(If using the mouse) to strafe around him.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk

-Thanks
This thread shouldn't even exist...

You're a melee DPS, you can strafe around him and DPS at the same time with no downtime.

Use your mouse to control the direction you go, use q/a(If using the mouse) to strafe around him.

Who cares if it does.

Hitbox is big, strafe around him while dpsing.
Reply Quote
You think you have it bad as a melee? What about the casters that have to... you know, cast.

All of your spells are instant with no channel time (with the exception of Fists of Fury). You should have no problem running in a circle while attacking the boss.

If you're only using your keyboard to move, and I'm just assuming you are because this wouldn't be an issue otherwise, you're gonna have a tough time...
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
You think you have it bad as a melee? What about the casters that have to... you know, cast.

All of your spells are instant with no channel time (with the exception of Fists of Fury). You should have no problem running in a circle while attacking the boss.

If you're only using your keyboard to move, and I'm just assuming you are because this wouldn't be an issue otherwise, you're gonna have a tough time...

I think casters can stand outside it's range-
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
It would be my guess that you either a.) Click your abilities to perform your rotation. or b.) use an extremely unreliable set up. In either case, one of the main benefits of playing a melee is being able to move while attacking. Its something you're going to have to master as you progress through the game.

And no, casters cant outrange it.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Monk
HOW WILL I CLICK SINISTER STRIKE AND MOVE AT THE SAME TIME!?!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
HOW WILL I CLICK SINISTER STRIKE AND MOVE AT THE SAME TIME!?!

You won't since you are a monk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I think casters can stand outside it's range-

There is no such thing as standing out of range. Straffing is the answer to your question. I can DPS and move just fine, why can't you?

Oh, and "STOP CLICKING!!!!!"
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
if i get a temple heroic i just switch to celerity from momentum for that fight.

Then i can atcack til the beam gets close then roll and continue attacking.

usual do more dps on that fight than the rest of the group, being able to weave everything in and rarely have to move except to roll
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I have hydrophobia, I tell you it is perfectly possible to DPS while running circles around him and not even touch the water.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Is this thread even serious? How did you level all the way up to 86 without learning to move and dps?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Is this thread even serious? How did you level all the way up to 86 without learning to move and dps?

PvE. Most early dungeons don't have life threatening stuff that you can't stand in anyway. I'm guessing OP is a new player. I'd advice against keyboard turning and learn to use your Q and E(by default settings).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]