Am I a baddie?

I swear I have yet to win a single BG this expansion. Does that make me a baddie?
Reply Quote
60 Human Rogue
I swear I have yet to win a single BG this expansion. Does that make me a baddie?

Yes
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
no, it just means you have to improve. a single player can easily turn the tide of any given BG.
Not any BG... some are beyond hope... but yea good players can definitely turn a loss into a win in a close game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
no, it just means you have to improve. a single player can easily turn the tide of any given BG.

I completely disagree with you. You can be the best player in the world but you alone cannot kill the EFC plus all their healers and even dps help to return a flag. A player alone cannot cap and keep all bases required to win a game.

It is a TEAM effort. You need to work as a team to accomplish anything. Note that (not sure if intended, not a mind reader :) ) Infestyx said PLAYERS. Plural.

Maybe you just have really bad luck, OP. Sure, you should start improving your own gear and playstyle etc but in the end of the day, if you have a horribad team, expect to lose.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
They said turn the tide..not win it single-handedly. And yes, it is true, 1 person can turn the tide...seen it happen ;)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
They said turn the tide..not win it single-handedly. And yes, it is true, 1 person can turn the tide...seen it happen ;)
Ever zone into a BG in progress... maybe they are behind or it could be say WSG/TP where the score is deadlocked... and your presence makes the difference between the thrill of victory vs the agony of defeat? It's a great feeling.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Rogue
If you're playing random BGs, as a mage, focus on using polymorph on key players such as healers and also keeping an eye on healers to land a counterspell to lock them out. In my experience mages work the best when in a group. In addition to CCing the other team's key players, you can also keep an eye on your own teammates and healers and use other ability to keep other players off of your own healers. There's a lot a mage can do to greatly support a group without even needing to have great damage output. If you find yourself in situations where you just keep dying, use range to your advantage and force the opposing team to have to walk in the middle of your allies in order to get to you.
Edited by Latherian on 5/5/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
It doesn't look like the OP pvps very much, going by his pvp achievements (all of which were earned in wrath and cata). If you want to get better you need to practice. Grinding out a full set of honor gear will also help tremendously. Read the forum guides for mage pvp. Look up instructional videos on You Tube. You can get better, but you need to put in the effort to do so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]