Has anyone noticed Lay on Hands not healing?

90 Human Paladin
A few times now I have used LoH on our monk tank and was shocked to see no change in his health. I know it went off because he got forbearance. Anyone else seen this or have an explanation?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've had it happen to me many times: use LoH on the target right before he dies, LoH goes on cooldown, target dies as if nothing happened. This has been happening since forever and I think it has to do with lag/server response.

Pretty much this. I largely use LoH when its an emergency, so split-second timing and more often than not, the target dies just as LoH goes on cooldown without healing received.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've had it happen to me many times: use LoH on the target right before he dies, LoH goes on cooldown, target dies as if nothing happened. This has been happening since forever and I think it has to do with lag/server response.

Sometimes too many things are happening in that exact moment and unfortunately the game recognized the killing damage before the LoH. LoH itself may have a very small travel time. It's stupid that LoH still goes on cooldown without an effect but I don't know if it can be easily fixed.

I read a thread about your issue on another forum just before I posted, so I'm now aware of that issue. However, it's been happening to me without the tank death, where we were able to save him even after the apparent LoH failure. I'll make a note to check the logs next time it happens to see if I can figure out what's going on. Thanks for your quick responses.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Assume you mean PvE, because this can be explained in PvP with Battle Fatigue reducing the LoH some and the rest is consumed by a stacked DK Necrotic Strike.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's in PVE, in ToT that I've noticed this, I think only on Horridon and trash. Could the trolls be giving some similar debuff?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's in PVE, in ToT that I've noticed this, I think only on Horridon and trash. Could the trolls be giving some similar debuff?

Mortal strike on Horridon's 3rd door is all I can think of. But on Horridon, landing LoH just before Triple puncture or a big melee hit on the tank without AM up could make it look like LoH did nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thank you, I think that explains it. Also, the witches have a healing debuff so that may have been where it happened on trash. Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this, it's no fun to blow LoH and then see the tank still barely hanging on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've noticed it and it is quite annoying to have LoH go on cooldown without ever getting the benefit of the spell. Usually it happens as Lobster described. I've never noticed it happening if the target lived though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yea its the server response delay, been happening since forever regarding healing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Seen it happen too as Lobster noted, also seen it happen with HoP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]