10M loot situation

90 Troll Priest
Who else feels that it is too "random" with large loot tables such as in ToT.

Tier "trophys" like in TOGC we're excellent.

I'd like to see something like that again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

You mean like the tokens on the 3rd, 6th, 9th, 10th and 11th bosses?

< new(ish) here not entirely sure what you mean.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

http://www.wowhead.com/item=47242#currency-for:0+1-2
Edited by Moresunders on 5/6/2013 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
While the large loot tables make it harder to get specific items, it does make it easier to get at least some item for that slot. Especially weapons. Much better having 3-4 weapons available instead of the 1-2 last tier.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
While I agree 10 man loot is terrible most of the times, I always imagined it as somewhat of an incentive to raid 25s. Apparently Blizzard thought it wasn't enough and so now we have Thunderforged.

Although RNG can be cruel, I don't like the idea of global tier tokens. While it does reduce RNG of course, it forces a priority list for tier in a way. You need to get your DPS their 4 sets, this guy gets fed all the tokens, etc.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
05/06/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Vampzlol

The toc trophys still required jps to buy anything with them kind of making them so you could use at least 1 item from every boss (think they only droped 1 in 25 and 0 in 10 man). So imagine how that would be now you get a token from one of the tot bosses then spend 700+vp to get an item.
Or it goes the other way and you can just kill the first boss over and over for tokens and get a full set of gear providing you spend enough weeks doing it. This would make it even worse for pugs as guilds might assign who gets tokens each week for best dps increases and screw anyone else out of loot.

Blizz has seem to of gone the total opposite in tot to hof/terrace. You had some slots that could only be dropped by 1/10 bosses and now some cloth slots drop on 4 or 5 different bosses.
Tot does seem to have an excessive amount of loot but id rather that than waiting till the last boss in a tier to have any chance at a weapon
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

http://www.wowhead.com/item=47242#currency-for:0+1-2

So... A Tier token that can be used for any slot?

That would eliminate the carrot that keeps you playing the game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
That would eliminate the carrot that keeps you playing the game.

How is a trophy that only works on tier eliminating "the carrot"?. It alleviated 10 mans a bit because getting prot 3 weeks in a row when you only have one prot user was aggravating. I doubt there was a single raid that stopped raiding because of though since you're still going to have people showing up for other slots. Most people never see full BiS because they're always progressing.

Personally, I don't mind either way, I just think it's a stupid argument to claim it removes the carrot to raiding. It does speed it up one venue of it, but not ridiculously so. There's typically a slot of gear that eludes every raid or player for a long time (for me that's the Meg trinket and tier shoulders so far). From my experience in both 10/25 the item drops sooner or later.

...Except Halfus and his helm on my shaman. Crafted my engineering helm at the start of Cata. Used it until our 5th Rag kill. %(*#$&
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The tier token is the least of 10M loot problems. The gear on the tier bosses is more problematic than the tokens. At least your token has a ~30% chance to drop. I'll be raiding deep into heroics with a freakin 484 offhand because Iron Qon is never going to drop the healer offhand.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
05/07/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Subrosian
Then, normalize 10-man drops to deal with the smaller number of pieces they receive (use the "bad luck" guard on their drops, essentially).

I don't think we need the "bad luck guard." Not sure how that would work in real raids anyway, since we're always guaranteed 2 drops.

What I would like to see is a system that removes loot that isn't appropriate for anyone in the raid from the loot table. To deal with offspec drops, set it up kind of like the "roll spec" we're going to get in LFR, except that each player chooses two specs that they'd like to see loot for (defaulting to their main and offspec, or a random second spec for people who don't have two different specs). Then restrict the loot table to the subset that includes only items appropriate for the specs chosen by the raid.

That's something that could be implemented in both 10 and 25, so it would be fair, while still helping 10s more.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The tier token is the least of 10M loot problems. The gear on the tier bosses is more problematic than the tokens. At least your token has a ~30% chance to drop. I'll be raiding deep into heroics with a freakin 484 offhand because Iron Qon is never going to drop the healer offhand.

If it makes you feel better I got the off-hand of from Meg, rolled it the next week (wtb trinket), and then rolled it several weeks later but thunderforged, and replaced my Lei-Shen off-hand because of it.

I would introduce a hard iLvL gap. Make 25-man gear 6 iLvLs higher. Then, normalize 10-man drops to deal with the smaller number of pieces they receive (use the "bad luck" guard on their drops, essentially). Then, you're not running a 10 and never seeing your piece, but there's a clear, visible reason to go 25 ("hey they have better iLvL gear").

Then you have to go back to WoTLK style of tuning otherwise people will be whining that they're content is tuned easier/harder or whatever. Or the 25s will say the ilevel is not high enough of a gap.
Reply Quote
95 Pandaren Warrior
Current is too little.

Trophies too much

Go back to ICC tokens
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
getting 1 non token drop off tier bosses is pretty lame.

make it 2 drops, and add drops to 25 to make it fair. with huge loot tables, it can be really hard to get a specific drop with only 1 drop.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Not sure where the angst is coming from, perhaps I am the end of a 1 year loot streak but coins have taken an enormous amount of rng out of the system.

Yes ToT has a large loot table, its large because their is a lot of duplication, but I can't see how that makes it harder to get drops. OK you can have 1 boss drop a weapon or two bosses that drop weapons but only half the chance because everything else is doubled. But then throw coins into the mix and you can coin the BIS weapon or even both.

From a historical viewpoint people where quite vocal of their dislike of the toc trophy system making it boring, again from a historical viewpoint I have had some horrid bad drop runs in the past they have not happened in mop. Teirs where I never got 4pce let alone 5pce, tiers where I never got a weapon, tiers where I was missing trinkets. Pugging ToC 6 month into icc to yet again lose the healing trinket to a warlock was just so awesome. Not!.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I didn't have a single tier piece for the first 5-6 weeks of the patch. Then I got all 4 in a single 2 week period.

RNG kinda sucks, but whatever.
Reply Quote
93 Human Paladin
I am fine with it as long as tier bonus isn't too good that it hinders progression without it *cough* DS *uncough*; it's a nuisance but people need some incentives to raid 25s... Now it's ok since tier bonus isn't OP and most fights don't really have significant throughput checks...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]