brewmasters, help!

So I have only recently started brewmaster and I really enjoy it, I am looking forward normal ToT and before I do so, I would like to know a little thing about the mastery

So when I get staggered, I have a green Icon debuff right, but should I use purifying brew RIGHT when it turns yellow or should I just keep doing my rotation until it gets to red?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i typically dont pure till high yellow or red. get a stager tracker. like monk timers or brewmaster tao. for addons to follow your stagger.

it helps a ton
Reply Quote
i typically dont pure till high yellow or red. get a stager tracker. like monk timers or brewmaster tao. for addons to follow your stagger.

it helps a ton

Thanks man
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
but i wouldent tank raids till you get an addon to track stagger. and also till you get a feel for your raid healers.

there's multiple factors in choosing when to stagger. how comfy with your healers you are is a big one. how comfy you are with your own self healing to take slightly more damage then normal. what boss you're currently tanking. what ability is coming in next. is avert harm still up? every brewmaster it's different so take what we say with a grain of salt. yo're going to have to find your own purifying scheme. as guidelines are just that. guidelines
Edited by Brewbeår on 5/3/2013 10:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
A good rule of thumb is to clear at Yellow+ status when starting off, just don't do it at the cost of letting Shuffle drop as healing through the dot is a lot easier than healing the increased melee damage you'll take without the buff.

Ultimately you'll want to get a mod (like weak aura) that will show you the amount of dot damage you are taking. A low Yellow dot for me is 29k which is kind of a waste where it can also be like 49k and still be yellow.

This will also help you see the duration of the dot as clearing stagger that has only a few seconds left which will probably be a waste of the chi.

You can pretty much ignore green the damage is minimal and when you get the 4P it will serve to proc that.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
A good rule of thumb is to clear at Yellow+ status when starting off, just don't do it at the cost of letting Shuffle drop as healing through the dot is a lot easier than healing the increased melee damage you'll take without the buff.

Ultimately you'll want to get a mod (like weak aura) that will show you the amount of dot damage you are taking. A low Yellow dot for me is 29k which is kind of a waste where it can also be like 49k and still be yellow.

This will also help you see the duration of the dot as clearing stagger that has only a few seconds left which will probably be a waste of the chi.

You can pretty much ignore green the damage is minimal and when you get the 4P it will serve to proc that.

I clear, assuming I have the chi and I'm paying attention to stagger and not something else, at 20k+ staggers, it's effectively a 200k heal if you get it right away, not to mention you'll be dodging a lot.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Monk
Brewmaster tao stagger meter.

I purify usually around 250k-ish, more or less depending on haste procs, lust, etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]