The Windwalker raid CD.

90 Human Monk
There's a lot of discussion happening over at MMO champion about WW not having a raid CD, what is the communities opinion?

As it stands, Windwalkers are not only the only monk spec, but the only spec without a raid CD. Hunters bringing literally and buff/debuff is massive and justifies their spot.

In Cataclysm warriors were given rallying cry because they were in the same spot, smoke bomb was recently changed to also give a 20% shield wall for those standing in it - it's not unreasonable to ask for some Windwalker love.

WW monks aren't asking for all of these obviously. Just some suggestions I've seen are

Harmless Touch: Reduce the damage a target deals by 10% for 15s

Chi Balls: Healthstones, renamed but still unique with healthstones so both aren't required.

Glyph of Tiger's Lust: Your Tiger's Lust now affects party and raid members within 40 yards but no longer clears root effects. (Stampeding roar)

Glyph of Zen Meditation: Rework it to a small damage reduction on party and raid members, like AMZ or Power Word: Barrier.

Revival: Bring it in for WW monks, remove the dispel for PVP balance if you must.

Glyph of Invoke Xuen: A temporary raid damage boost, similar to Stormlash or bring back the temporary mastery buff we had on early beta.

Summon White Tiger Statue:Summons a White Tiger Statue at the target location. Lasts for 15 seconds, all raid members within 40 yards XXXX. Only one statue can be active at a time

So what do you think?

The MMO thread for anyone that wants to read through, discussion starts around page 2.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1287060-RSK-buff-20-now-Will-that-be-enough/page2
Edited by Face on 5/8/2013 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
If we were given something, I want a button I can hit like a warrior and it doesn't affect my rotation/dps.

No channeling Zen Meditation for 8 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I agree with vex. I pop zen med on occasion (id use it more but it doesn't work on most bosses) but the fact it interrupts my rotation sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I was thinking about this the other night, and they should change Zen Med to a personal CD and make Avert Harm shared between BrM and WW.

That'd be the quickest fix. Not necessarily the best.

Edit: Or Revival. Either of the two works.
Edited by Beifong on 5/4/2013 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just give WW Revival. . .
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Ælise:

This would be the most elegant choice, just opening it up for WW.

Vex:
If we were given something, I want a button I can hit like a warrior and it doesn't affect my rotation/dps.

No channeling Zen Meditation for 8 seconds.

I wouldn't even care at this point, druids have to channel HotW + Tranqs.
Edited by Face on 5/6/2013 5:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Zen Meditation is a CD that can save other members of your raid. Check out Lei Shen kills with a windwalker in it. Now, it is buggy in the fact it can choose a pet instead of another player.

Nothing like saving a blood worm from static shock but having the deathknight die.

:P
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
druids have to channel HotW + Tranqs.

Hell no.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Zen Meditation is a CD that can save other members of your raid. Check out Lei Shen kills with a windwalker in it. Now, it is buggy in the fact it can choose a pet instead of another player.

Nothing like saving a blood worm from static shock but having the deathknight die.

:P

Well yes it 'can' save a member of the raid. But how often is it actually useful? The problem with Zen Meditation as our raid cooldown is that there are very few raid attacks it actually works on, and even then you have to research boss by boss to see if any of them are - many of which are usually avoidable through mechanic management. I'd prefer to have a raid cooldown that isn't so situational in nature.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It would be nice, but from raiding on my Rogue (Current raiding toon, making Monk main after she hits 90) I can say that Monks already bring some assistance. We had a WW for Horridon progression and Ring of Peave/Grapple Weapon were completely godlike for that fight, especially once we realized that the Warbringer can be disarmed.

Perhaps make Meditation 90% less magic damage taken for raid for duration? That would put it along the same lines as Tranquility in that you have to stop what you're doing to help. Stopping damage does kind of suck, but the whole raid surviving is more important.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My point wasn't that we don't have any utility. It's that it is very situational utility. Unless I'm missing something, Horridon is the only fight this tier RoP works well on (and will it work that well after the revamp?). It's just we don't have something like warrior banner, or rogue smoke bomb, or battlerez/tranq. We don't really need it, but being able to bring something beneficial to the entire raid on a regular basis would be nice - particularly for anyone who might be a heroic progression raider.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It would be nice, but from raiding on my Rogue (Current raiding toon, making Monk main after she hits 90) I can say that Monks already bring some assistance. We had a WW for Horridon progression and Ring of Peave/Grapple Weapon were completely godlike for that fight, especially once we realized that the Warbringer can be disarmed.

Perhaps make Meditation 90% less magic damage taken for raid for duration? That would put it along the same lines as Tranquility in that you have to stop what you're doing to help. Stopping damage does kind of suck, but the whole raid surviving is more important.

Rogues can disarm too. It doesn't put us above them because we can do it twice. Just get someone else in the rotation that can. Rogues also bring a 20% damage reduction CD to the raid we still bring nothing like that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
no not only horridon.
council iron qon twin consorts. lei shen. ANYTHING with a weapon can be disarmed. in fact grapple weapon is one of the monks main part of their rotation when tanking. as it's a 5% damage reduction for a short time. 5% on paper doesnt look like much but that 5% can and WILL save your sorry !@# from dying.

with that being said when implementing grapple weapon into the monk. when they designed it to be a mitigation thing for brewmasters they made it so anything with a weapon can be disarmed in PVE. for windwalkers it gives them 5% damage. and for mistweavers id assume it gives 5% healing (i dont play mistweaver so hopefully a mistweaver can speak for this part.)

point being. is ring of peace and grapple weapon are big Cds. although not as obvious as say rallying cry. being able to drop the bosses damage for like 10 seconds or whatever it is is a big thing. THEN being able to do it twice? its big. plus as an added bonus at least two specs of the monk get s BONUS for disarming with grapple weapon... yeah we have no utility al right.

but i do however see your point. we're missing a big raid CD. honestly avert harm wouldn't work for wind walker. simply due to the fact WW cant stagger and with proper use of avert harm you'll be purifying a good deal during avert harm.
Edited by Brewbeår on 5/7/2013 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
There's a difference between a niche ability and a raid cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Vex:
There's a difference between a niche ability and a raid cooldown.
Edited by Face on 5/7/2013 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Get in line, folks. Death Knights are still waiting on their raid cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
AMZ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Anti-Magic Zone (Not that useful, I know). Battlerez. There you go. Sure, not as great as what some other melee get, but that's two potentials that are useful on most fights right there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
AMZ is fantastic, if a big hit is coming up it gives everyone the 75% shield wall for the blast making it go way and beyond the "damage cap" it has in the tooltip.

Just about every heroic mode this tier has something that nukes the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

Don't get me wrong, I would love this. However it would create HUGE inbalance in PvP (not like pvp isn't already messed up). Being able to take a CC off your dps/healer would be too good.

Lol? You have anti-magic zone and you also have a battle-rez.
Edited by Habitz on 5/7/2013 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]