The new Orc Chieftain.

90 Dwarf Monk
So lets assume for a second that the new Warchief isn't gonna be an Orc.
Yes I know there are some of you out there that are fiercely against it.
That leaves one problem: The leader of the Orcs.

Nazgrim: doesn't really seem like leader material.
Saurfang: Too old and who knows what his mental state is like after losing his son.
Nazgrel: lol who?
Rexxar: Maybe, but I doubt it.
Thrall/Go'el: This is probably the most likely choice, despite that whole thing with him just wanting to live a normal life now.
Garrosh: Though unlikely I can see it as a possibility, especially since Blizz has conveniently not stated he will die (yet?).

So who do you think would be the new Orc Chieftan?
Reply Quote
Whoever becomes the next leader of the Horde is going to end up being hated by everyone anyway, so who cares?
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
I have a feeling Thrall will become High Shaman of the Clans, like Ner'zhul was on Draenor.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Whoever becomes the next leader of the Horde is going to end up being hated by everyone anyway, so who cares?

What makes you think that?
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
Saurfang: Too old and who knows what his mental state is like after losing his son.

Drek'thar is old, and Drek'thar lost his mate and his child, he was very fragile emotionally after that yet he still led the Frostwolf Clan. Kilrogg was also a very old orc as well, who lived beyond a average orc lifespan I believe, and he led the Bleeding Hollow clan with no age problem. Age is not a problem, as much as people say it is, it really isn't.

especially since Blizz has conveniently not stated he will die (yet?).

They didn't say Arthas and Illidan would die either, yet they are still both dead.
Reply Quote
05/04/2013 10:49 PMPosted by Mattixx

What makes you think that?

Everyone hating Thrall and everyone hating Garrosh.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
I think Lore meant hated by the playerbase.
Reply Quote
24 Orc Shaman
What does Blizzard have to do before people accept that Thrall will not be stepping into the Warchief role ever again (and that includes the impromptu "leader" of just the Orcs as well).

He retired. To a different, simpler life.

It won't be Thrall.

As strange as it would be, I think Rexxar or someone like him might. He is enormously popular with fans (both ally and horde).
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Whoever is warchief, Thrall will be manipulating them from the shadows.
Reply Quote
I think Lore meant hated by the playerbase.

^This.

What does Blizzard have to do before people accept that Thrall will not be stepping into the Warchief role ever again (and that includes the impromptu "leader" of just the Orcs as well).

He retired. To a different, simpler life.

It won't be Thrall.

As strange as it would be, I think Rexxar or someone like him might. He is enormously popular with fans (both ally and horde).

1) He told Garrosh he was stepping down, temporarily.
2)People come out of retirement all the time, usually when they get bored of life being too simple after having such chaos beforehand. And politics then playing with a laser toy and saving the world is pretty chaotic.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
2)People come out of retirement all the time, usually when they get bored of life being too simple after having such chaos beforehand. And politics then playing with a laser toy and saving the world is pretty chaotic.

When he became a full Shaman though he shed his title of Warchief and gave up that side of him.

Maybe he thought he would give Garrosh Warchief title temporarily, but when he became the Shaman he is now he gave it up completely.

We've seen evidence that Thrall doesn't give 2 sh*its about being Warchief anymore. He turned his back on the Horde and they should be gutting him in front of the world and put his family to shame.
Edited by Haaely on 5/4/2013 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
Thrall didn't turn his back on the Horde. He's been fighting for it and working to restore it ever since 5.1.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Thrall didn't turn his back on the Horde. He's been fighting for it and working to restore it ever since 5.1.

Maybe now he is, but before that he never wanted the title back or to even get involved with the Horde.

That wasn't his problem anymore.
Reply Quote
24 Orc Shaman

Not saying you're wrong, because I'm not 100% sure (bad memory lol). But, I don't recall him telling Garrosh that "I'll be back" or "keep the seat warm for me temporarily bra." As I recall he stepped down and more or less made Garrosh leader (implied permanently). Because he had to go deal with bigger issues.

Also, your second point is also valid, I know what you mean. But it just seems like the saving the world stuff was SO chaotic that he really needs a super long break, not just like a year or whatever it's been. He just really seems like a different Thrall to me now *shrug* and not likely to step into the old Thrall boots again.
Reply Quote
05/04/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Haaely

Maybe now he is, but before that he never wanted the title back or to even get involved with the Horde.

And then he realized how much of an idiot he was by making Garrosh Warchief.

Oh look, another mess to clean up.
Not saying you're wrong, because I'm not 100% sure (bad memory lol). But, I don't recall him telling Garrosh that "I'll be back" or "keep the seat warm for me temporarily bra." As I recall he stepped down and more or less made Garrosh leader (implied permanently). Because he had to go deal with bigger issues.

I don't remember the page, nor do I feel like finding it, but in The Shatter:Prelude to Cataclysm he says something like, "Garrosh, I'm making you Warchief while I'm away in Nagrand. It'll only be temporary, though."

Something along those lines, and then Garrosh was like, "Golly-gee, Thrall! What a great honour it is to serve the Horde. BLOOD AND THUNDER!"
Edited by Lorelaî on 5/4/2013 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter

He didn't want the title of Warchief back, sure, but to say he didn't want to be involved with it would be false. Hell, he's in the Valley of Trials teaching young Orcs about Shamanism and it's ideals, like Drek'thar and Grom did to him.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
05/04/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Lorelaî

And then he realized how much of an idiot he was by making Garrosh Warchief.

Oh look, another mess to clean up.

It's good that he's helping to clean up his mistake, but he still deserves punishment. I doubt he wants the position back either, he has his family to worry about now and his newborn child.

Still wish Thrall would be killed in the Siege.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest

Still turned his back on it up until that point really, even when someone like Carnie died trying to prevent Garrosh taking control. Side note, Garrosh should have been crushed by Carnie within the first few seconds of the fight.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

He didn't want the title of Warchief back, sure, but to say he didn't want to be involved with it would be false. Hell, he's in the Valley of Trials teaching young Orcs about Shamanism and it's ideals, like Drek'thar and Grom did to him.

I recall in Tides of War or whatever Jaina called him out on Garrosh and he just kept silent and claimed he had other responsibilities.

Now yes he is helping the Horde and to clean up a mess he started.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
Thrall dying would accomplish little, unless it was akin to him being publicly executed by Garrosh and that ends up causing a lot of otherwise afraid or silent Orcs to outrage.

05/04/2013 11:11 PMPosted by Haaely
I recall in Tides of War or whatever Jaina called him out on Garrosh and he just kept silent and claimed he had other responsibilities.

Yes, like keeping the world from falling apart.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 5/4/2013 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]