The new Orc Chieftain.

100 Night Elf Priest
Yes, like keeping the world from falling apart.

This was after that. The Earthen Ring was still trying to clean up I imagine, but Thrall could of left that duty to the other Shamans.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
This was after that. The Earthen Ring was still trying to clean up I imagine, but Thrall could of left that duty to the other Shamans.

And how well would that have gone over? Keeping the world together isn't just something a Shaman can do. Thrall is the World Shaman, and doing it nearly made him fall apart.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
Haaely
90 Gnome Priest
Azeroth Archival Society

Hmm, it seems Haaely is the world's first Night elf-Gnome hybrid.
Reply Quote
Why is an Orc, a race that isn't even native to Azeroth, the World Shaman of Azeroth?

It should be a Tauren.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
I don't think the Elements are that petty.

Besides, Thrall is an Azeroth native.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
05/04/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

And how well would that have gone over? Keeping the world together isn't just something a Shaman can do. Thrall is the World Shaman, and doing it nearly made him fall apart.

That just ruins Thrall character even more.

All these other Shaman are useless and Thrall is the only Shaman than can help clean up the mess from the Cataclysm.

What great writing.

Also Tides of War was months after the Cataclysm and leading into Mist of Pandaria, I believe things calmed down by then besides some minor clean up for the Shamans to do which once again the Earthen Ring should of been able to handle.

Edit: Also I guess Nobundo and that other Shaman in the Maelstrom are just props.
Edited by Haaely on 5/4/2013 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
That just ruins Thrall character even more.

All these other Shaman are useless and Thrall is the only Shaman than can help clean up the mess from the Cataclysm.

What great writing.

Now you're just being fickle. It's not like the other Shamans weren't working. See - The many Shamans in Deepholm attempting to fix the World Pillar. The other 2 powerful Shamans Nobundo and Muln working with Thrall to maintain the rift. It doesn't ruin Thrall. It just shows that he's the most powerful Shaman. Which isn't a bad thing.

Also Tides of War was months after the Cataclysm and leading into Mist of Pandaria, I believe things calmed down by then besides some minor clean up for the Shamans to do which once again the Earthen Ring should of been able to handle.

We don't know what the Earthen Ring was doing at the Maelstrom, but I can't imagine that Deathwing's presence there left things all clean and tidy.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 5/4/2013 11:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
We don't know what the Earthen Ring was doing at the Maelstrom, but I can't imagine that Deathwing's presence there left things all clean and tidy.

The fact is that Thrall was more than capable at that time to be able to go help the Horde, but no he had "another path" to follow and Jaina called him out on it.

Thrall didn't want to worry about the Horde or that path, only now when things are getting really bad does he finally see he can't shirk his responsibilities.
Reply Quote

Look up at the Maelstrom:

http://i.imgur.com/TuBGymG.jpg

That's what you see. They were trying to fix that and the heal the fit from Deepholm's side.
Edited by Lorelaî on 5/4/2013 11:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
The fact is that Thrall was more than capable at that time to be able to go help the Horde, but no he had "another path" to follow and Jaina called him out on it.

Thrall didn't want to worry about the Horde or that path, only now when things are getting really bad does he finally see he can't shirk his responsibilities.

Help the Horde what, exactly? If he ended up dead like Cairne or submissive like Baine everyone would complain just as much, not to mention he would have accomplished nothing. What is it you expect him to do?

Thrall did the smartest thing, imo. He's laying low, away from Garrosh's prying eyes and therefore knives, training young Orcs in the right way to do things. Thrall says he and Vol'jin had a plan during the 5.1 quests, then he goes and starts helping liberate the Darkspear.

I don't understand what the problem is here.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

Help the Horde what, exactly? If he ended up dead like Cairne or submissive like Baine everyone would complain just as much, not to mention he would have accomplished nothing. What is it you expect him to do?

Thrall did the smartest thing, imo. He's laying low, away from Garrosh's prying eyes and therefore knives, training young Orcs in the right way to do things. Thrall says he and Vol'jin had a plan during the 5.1 quests, then he goes and starts helping liberate the Darkspear.

I don't understand what the problem is here.

Thrall held plenty of influence to try and at least temper the Orcs and maybe Garrosh. Garrosh would have been literally the dumbest being on Azeroth to try and kill Thrall after what he did and who he was.

Who knows maybe he would of failed and ended up dead if he tried to help then, but then again maybe he would of succeeded and in some way prevent this War and Garrosh from being so stupid.

My problem is that Thrall just gets away with it all. Then again maybe that's just me being petty and a bit*ch.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
05/04/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Haaely
Thrall held plenty of influence to try and at least temper the Orcs and maybe Garrosh. Garrosh would have been literally the dumbest being on Azeroth to try and kill Thrall after what he did and who he was.

That's exactly what both he and Vol'jin think will happen. But after seeing what the Orcs are doing, he's going to take the risk and go to Orgrimmar to try and find revolutionary Orcs.

05/04/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Haaely
My problem is that Thrall just gets away with it all.

He certainly hasn't gotten away with making Garrosh Warchief. That's the worst decision he has ever made, and he knows it.
Reply Quote
My problem is that Thrall just gets away with it all. Then again maybe that's just me being petty and a bit*ch.

No, Vol'jin, Saurfang and whoever else told him making Garrosh Warchief was a bad idea need to tell him that he was an idiot for doing so, and that one action almost destroyed everything they had all worked for since the end of the Third War.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
05/04/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Lorelaî

No, Vol'jin, Saurfang and whoever else told him making Garrosh Warchief was a bad idea need to tell him that he was an idiot for doing so, and that one action almost destroyed everything they had all worked for since the end of the Third War.

Ah yes I'm sure a good scolding is the perfect punishment.

Lets wag our finger at him and tell him "No!" There might be more after the Siege happens, but I don't hold hope for that.

That's exactly what both he and Vol'jin think will happen. But after seeing what the Orcs are doing, he's going to take the risk and go to Orgrimmar to try and find revolutionary Orcs.

I can't help but think it would of been smarter to do that earlier before Garrosh got out of control and drunk with power.

He certainly hasn't gotten away with making Garrosh Warchief. That's the worst decision he has ever made, and he knows it.

Yes I know that.

Except as I've already said I want some punishment for that. Right now yes he can be busy helping the Horde out from under Garrosh, but I still would like something pointing to Thrall having to deal with some punishment for his idiocy.

Then again like I said that's probably me being more of a bit*ch and petty.
Reply Quote

Lets wag our finger at him and tell him "No!" There might be more after the Siege happens, but I don't hold hope for that.

Well it's not like we do anything but scold the Americans who elected Bush.

Yes, I went there.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
05/04/2013 11:38 PMPosted by Haaely
I can't help but think it would of been smarter to do that earlier before Garrosh got out of control and drunk with power.

Maybe he thought it wasn't worth the risk. Remember, until 5.1 he didn't know that this was what the Horde had become.

Except as I've already said I want some punishment for that. Right now yes he can be busy helping the Horde out from under Garrosh, but I still would like something pointing to Thrall having to deal with some punishment for his idiocy.

What punishment? Do you want him to rot in a prison somewhere? Yes, I'm sure that'll accomplish a lot.

At this point, he's been 'punished' enough by having everything he worked for torn down, and having to live with the fact that it's his fault. Carine died because of his decision. Vol'jin almost died for it. He's watching his people devolve into a civilization more crazed than the Forsaken.

Now, he's trying to work to right his wrong. I think that's enough.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

Well it's not like we do anything but scold the Americans who elected Bush.

Yes, I went there.

Except this isn't real life and World of Warcraft doesn't follow the same laws as we do especially the Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Now, he's trying to work to right his wrong. I think that's enough.

Not for me.

Like I said though I'm just being a petty bi*tch.

I rather Thrall be stripped of his powers or killed.

Guess I'm a little biased since I really do hate Go'el.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
No one can strip Thrall of his powers except the Elemental Spirits, and they still answer to him.

Him dying wouldn't accomplish anything. If Thrall lives out the rest of his days after the Siege teaching growing younglings about Shamanism and Orcish Culture as he learned, his life is a life worth living.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
No one can strip Thrall of his powers except the Elemental Spirits, and they still answer to him.

Him dying wouldn't accomplish anything. If Thrall lives out the rest of his days after the Siege teaching growing younglings about Shamanism and Orcish Culture as he learned, his life is a life worth living.

It's funny you are trying to be logical to my emotional response to Thrall.

You bring a valid point, but I still want Thrall dead.
Edited by Haaely on 5/4/2013 11:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]