The new Orc Chieftain.

25 Orc Hunter
Eitrigg (sp?), the old orc warrior.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Hunter
Has anyone explored the possibility that there does NOT always need to be a Lich K-...Warchief?

Think about it. The Blood Elves already feel sequestered off in their own corner of the world. The Sunreavers, now without a home, are going to fully support the Farstriders and Magistrates of Silvermoon. Lor'themar and Aethas will be the face of the Blood Elves.

The Undead have, and probably will always have Sylvanas. She is going to be taught a lesson, and brought back under control, or she and the forsaken will be disposed of. No reason to have a crazy, plague-wielding mini Lich King parading around Lordaeron.

The Tauren will have Baine and Dezco. They will be licking their wounds caused by the Cataclysm.

The Trolls are pretty self-explanatory. They will feel threatened, beatened, and mistreated. They will slink back to their shadows and figure out their place in the world between the Horde and the Zandalari Alliance.

The Goblins will continue making money, however possible. Nothing is going to stop that. Gallywix could turn a 180 but that is unlikely. Perhap the Gob Squad will take some action and lead the Goblins of the horde?

The orcs are the most difficult to predict. They will have an identity crisis, as they did during their internment in the camps. Their glorious leader will either be dead or imprisoned, stripped of all title, honor, and basically life. Who will lead them? Well, its safe to say that if Thrall isn't killed or abducted, he will give them guidance and advice. Nazgrel's story has some potential as he's seen the most, and there's always Eitrigg and Saurfang. Perhaps a council of orcs like there is for the dwarves?

Every race is going to have their internal and external, Horde problems to deal with. Maybe the absence of a Warchief will show the Alliance that they really are down for the count and they don't need to worry about them starting any more beef. Perhaps the Alliance will set the term themselves and declare that if there is ever another Warchief, the Horde will be destroyed for good? So many possibilities, but of course only one outcome can occur.

My opinion? High King Varian Wrynn will outlaw the position of Warchief, give spiritual leadership to Baine and Thrall, and take the Alliance and lead them toward victory against the Burning Legion with a small amount of support from the Horde. Fist pumps for every Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
My opinion? High King Varian Wrynn will outlaw the position of Warchief, give spiritual leadership to Baine and Thrall, and take the Alliance and lead them toward victory against the Burning Legion with a small amount of support from the Horde. Fist pumps for every Alliance.

Hell to the !@#$ no.

We are not beholden to the Alliance's "laws."
Reply Quote

I just laughed so hard my stomach hurts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

This does't work in a multi-factional game. At all. The only good thing about this idea is that Vol'jin doesn't become warchief =/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
05/04/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
This was after that. The Earthen Ring was still trying to clean up I imagine, but Thrall could of left that duty to the other Shamans.

And how well would that have gone over? Keeping the world together isn't just something a Shaman can do. Thrall is the World Shaman, and doing it nearly made him fall apart.

He dropped it pretty fast when he heard Org was about experience an impromtu flooding.
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Zophor

And how well would that have gone over? Keeping the world together isn't just something a Shaman can do. Thrall is the World Shaman, and doing it nearly made him fall apart.

He dropped it pretty fast when he heard Org was about experience an impromtu flooding.

And then went straight back to it until Vol'jin got stabbed in the throat. And even then he only helped because Aggra told him to go help his friend.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Bring in Nazgrel or Jorin as leader of the Orcs. I don't even ask for the position of Warchief. Either one of them would be awesome.
Edited by Cobble on 5/8/2013 6:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Cobble
Bring in Nazgrel or Jorin as leader of the Orcs.

... I hadnt even remembered Nazgrel (And feel horrible for it now). He'd make a good Orc leader.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
... I hadnt even remembered Nazgrel (And feel horrible for it now). He'd make a good Orc leader.

Would he? He fiercely hated humans in WCIII, remember?

He reminds me too much of Garrosh:
Hates Humans.
The only reason they didn't attack the Alliance was because Thrall told them not to.
They both have a family axe (Although Nazgrel may not have said axe).
Nazgrel was a Frostwolf, and Garrosh was a Mag'har, they both had little conflict with the Alliance yet hates them alot.
Edited by Ximothy on 5/8/2013 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
An intense dislike for the Alliance, even unwarranted, isn't a very strong argument against someones ability to lead their people, Xim.

I'd posit that Benjamin Franklin is a perfect example, everybody knows about his achievements but fewer people know that he essentially believed that the fledgling United States should belong exclusively to ethnic Saxons, specifically Anglo-Saxons, who would've fit quite nicely into later categorizations made by the Germans in WWII (namely, "Nordic" or "Arisch").
Edited by Fyorsing on 5/9/2013 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Ximothy

Would he? He fiercely hated humans in WCIII, remember?

He reminds me too much of Garrosh:
Hates Humans.
The only reason they didn't attack the Alliance was because Thrall told them not to.
They both have a family axe (Although Nazgrel may not have said axe).
Nazgrel was a Frostwolf, and Garrosh was a Mag'har, they both had little conflict with the Alliance yet hates them alot.

He was also fiercely loyal to the warchief and willing to not kill them as Thrall commanded.

Note I said 'orc leader', not Warchief.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
05/04/2013 11:10 PMPosted by Haaely
but he still deserves punishment.
No
He

Does

Not.

I have no Idea what it is with you people and wanting to give Thrall a spanking. It's just one of the dumbest Ideas that still perpetuates this forum for reasons I will never understand.

Just drop it already.
Reply Quote
but he still deserves punishment.
No
He

Does

Not.

I have no Idea what it is with you people and wanting to give Thrall a spanking. It's just one of the dumbest Ideas that still perpetuates this forum for reasons I will never understand.

Just drop it already.

Yes, yes he does. Let me try to explain it for you:

People want him to be punished for a mistake that made his horde spiral down the chaotic path that the old horde once did(and here's the kicker) without the need for demon's blood.

Think about that for a second. The first time around, the demon's blood warped their minds. They were not necessarily themselves when they committed those horrible atrocities. Good people, like Sourfang turned into ravaging, careless slaves to demons by the corruption. That's one thing.

Garrosh, through his reign, however, swayed young Orcs to go down a similar path-- a path of blood lust, savagery, and a nasty and dangerous trait: Racism in the form of Orc supremacy-- willingly, believing it carried honor and glory. That's not something that can easily be fixed. It's not a case of magical corruption that can be lifted. It's brainwashing: really damaging stuff that'll stick for generations and it was thrall's decision to put Garrosh into power that started that nasty spiral.

That's why people, as well as myself, want to see Thrall receive some form of punishment. Because we believe that some of the blood Garrosh spilt (We're talking horde blood here as well) is also on Thrall's hands for giving Garrosh the power to spill it in the first place.

Hopefully that clears up some things.

EDIT: Because it's almost 4 in the morning here. Blah!
Edited by Minkus on 5/12/2013 12:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

When he became a full Shaman though he shed his title of Warchief and gave up that side of him.

Being a Shaman and being a Warchief are not mutually exclusive, as Ner'zhul demonstrated in Warcraft 2.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

People want him to be punished for a mistake that made his horde spiral down the chaotic path that the old horde once did(and here's the kicker) without the need for demon's blood.

You mean when Deathwing was going to destroy the planet, and Thrall had to abdicate leadership to save the entire planet?

What a bastard move on Thrall's part! He, his wife, and child should all be punished!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
That's why people, as well as myself, want to see Thrall receive some form of punishment. Because we believe that some of the blood Garrosh spilt (We're talking horde blood here as well) is also on Thrall's hands for giving Garrosh the power to spill it in the first place.
And what people constantly fail to realize-No, blatantly IGNORE is that Garrosh is the one who FAILED TO USE THE POWER GIVEN TO HIM PROPERLY.

If Garrosh wasn't a tol of convenience for the plot and turned out an A-Ok warcheif, people wouldn't be patting Thrall on the back, they would be going "Hey, Garrosh is a pretty cool guy."

Why then does Thrall have any accountability for when Garrosh fell short and instead of being a Warcheif ended up a Tyrant?

Because he isn't. Garrosh's failings are his, and his alone. Anything-ANYTHING eles. is people reaching for reasons to hate Thrall.

The sheer length this farce has endured is infuriating. Thrall already lost his best friend, and if he doesn't swoop in to stop garrosh, will very well lose the soul of the people he tried to save. What more consequence can you possibly attribute to him that isn't just pandering to players wanting to see him taken down a notch?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Thrall already lost his best friend, and if he doesn't swoop in to stop garrosh, will very well lose the soul of the people he tried to save. What more consequence can you possibly attribute to him that isn't just pandering to players wanting to see him taken down a notch?

This is what happens when you cater to one faction that claims to have a bruised ego because they weren't catered to enough.

Blizzard gave them a mile by making the Horde faction leader a future loot pinata. Now they want 20 more miles 'because reasons'.

Funny thing is.. this isn't the first time a major Horde-aligned or formerly-Horde aligned character has been branded as a cannonfodder loot cow.

Zul'jin springs to mind.

The entirety of the Draenor Horde (Bonechewer, Thunderlord, Shadowmoon, Shattered Hand, Bleeding Hollow and Laughing Skull clans. The current 'Shattered hand' in Orgrimmar is basically name-only.. no real significant ties to the Draenor clan outside of the name and maybe a few nameless members.)

Kargath Bladefist.

Teron Gorefiend (who showed a Horde-above-all-else Loyalty in the Tides of Darkness novelization, even though Gul'dan expected him as a former Shadow Council member to be loyal to him and him alone).

Dranosh Saurfang was billed as the second coming of Captain Cleave himself (seriously, go check him out in Nagrand Hordeside, plus his quests).. and turned into a loot pinata with voice acting at the drop of a hat.

Ner'zhul is yet another 'fallen' former Hordemember that was beaten mercilessly with the evil stick. Hell they beat him with it so hard that he was Ner'zhul in name only. His incarnation as the Lich King Pre-Arthas literally had zero in common with his orcish persona. The lore on the LK's creation in the RoC manual literally says the Orc known as Ner'zhul ceased to be.

I also fully expect the greater whole of both the Warsong and Blackrock clans to be served up during SoO as cannon fodder as well.

The Blackrock clan - similar to the Dark Iron Dwarves for the Alliance - could've been used to generate some very fun internal friction within the Orcish race. The Blackrocks are shattered and leaderless after Rend's Death and Nefarian's abandoning of them so they turn to.. Garrosh Hellscream, Leader of what they called the 'False Horde' under Rend and Maim?

Son of the Orc that their father hated and feared for snubbing him during the Chalice Ceremony at the Throne of Kil'jaeden?

Dude.. what!?

Know what the last Alliance-aligned or Formerly-Alliance-aligned loss to the evil bin was?

Fandral Staghelm. Before him? Arthas. Before him? THE NATION OF ALTERAC DURING WARCRAFT 2.

That's it. Find me another major lore figure that was turned evil or even evilISH from Alliance membership. Please, be my guest. I'll even give you Maiev Shadowsong, even though she not only wasn't a raidboss.. she was a boss MECHANIC against Illidan. Not even evil, still helps you.. and I'll give you her anyway.

Hell, speaking of Illidan, I'll even give you him too. And hey, HEY! He at least was an actual END-TIER RAIDBOSS.

Archbishop Benedictus comes to mind, also Kel'thuzad

That's one.

As if Alliance players haven't been catered to enough by having all these current-and-former Horde members served up like so many cheese sticks as appetizers to the main course of neutral badguys.. Blizzard decides to go full retard and just make the CURRENT WARCHIEF OF THE HORDE take a complete 180 from his TBC -> WotLK persona into what basically amounts to a Scooby Doo villain... just to cater to the same faction they've BEEN catering to for years.

'Horde bias' my !@#.
Edited by Maênad on 5/12/2013 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If you truly think that the previous expansions have really demonstrated 'catering' to the Alliance, you are every bit as bad as the ones who think that Blizzard is out to destroy the Alliance as a faction.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If you truly think that the previous expansions have really demonstrated 'catering' to the Alliance, you are every bit as bad as the ones who think that Blizzard is out to destroy the Alliance as a faction.

Know what's missing from this post?

The ability to dispute even a single thing I just said.

Thanks for playing, squidface.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]