Cloud Serpent Riding - Are My Alts In Trouble

90 Tauren Druid
So I'm almost there and get to get my Cloud Serpent. I unfortunately wasn't a part of the lucky group that could find onyx eggs easy so I had to grind a bit longer. Now when I get the quest to finally get my mount, and learn my training, what happens to my alts? The mount is account wide, but is there a trainer where I can learn cloud serpent riding? I'm going to be very upset if my alts have to grind over again just to ride an account-wide mount.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yes, you have to do the grind on any alt that you want to ride the serpents with.

Edit: However, it's very fast once you buy the Grand Commendation at revered. It took me 3-4 days on my alt with the commendation, and I did not farm any eggs at all.
Edited by Falynn on 5/5/2013 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Prepare to be very upset :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard...

well. Thanks for confirming guys. I guess I'm just gonna have to conform with stupid logic.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Yes, you have to do the rep for everyone that wants to learn cloud serpent riding. It's a prestige thing, if you can ride a cloud serpent its because your character took the time to learn it, that's why you don't see level 20s running around on them. It's a minor prestige thing.

Just grab the commendation, it takes maybe a week tops, cloud serpent is the easiest rep to do. Championing makes it even easier
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
With the token you can buy at revered my alts went from neutral to exalted in 3 days. So it was no big deal at all, they may have found a few eggs but only enough to cut 1 or 2 days off.
Reply Quote
Yeah, get ready for the grind. Unless I missed something somewhere you have to grind it out to be able to get the Cloud Serpent Riding before you can use that on an alt.

Not sure how that is going to work when you go to do it on your 4th or more mount since there are only 3 that you can get from the rep grind.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Not sure how that is going to work when you go to do it on your 4th or more mount since there are only 3 that you can get from the rep grind.

You just delete the mount from your bags. I bought all of them when I hit exalted the first time anyways. :P
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
05/05/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Sibenice
You just delete the mount from your bags.

Er, vendor? Don't they have a sell price of 750g or so?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Not the one you get from the quest for hitting exalted. At least, the one I did most recently didn't have a vendor price.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
05/05/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Lull
You just delete the mount from your bags.

Yeah, they sell for 750 gold. If someone actually deleted them that's mind-boggling.

And as said it takes 3 days to get Exalted with Cloud Serpent. Hardly a "grind".
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
05/05/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Scharpp

Yeah, they sell for 750 gold. If someone actually deleted them that's mind-boggling.

And as said it takes 3 days to get Exalted with Cloud Serpent. Hardly a "grind".

The one they award you does sell to the vendor for 750g if you already have it. I have sold 4 so far the most recent one was just a few days ago.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
OP, I've done the grind 3 times. After you get the grand commendation, it takes about a day to hit exalted. And I'm not even kidding. I went to grab eggs on my third run and I was done the next day. It's really easy and I never payed a penny for any of the 3 mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Something I cant figure out is this.

When you finish the quest you automatically get the CS riding skill.

Now you have to be exalted with CS to be able ride them right and do the quest ..

Soooooooo why is there a guy at the Shrine on a CS that sells the ability to ride CS's ?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
So I'm almost there and get to get my Cloud Serpent. I unfortunately wasn't a part of the lucky group that could find onyx eggs easy so I had to grind a bit longer. Now when I get the quest to finally get my mount, and learn my training, what happens to my alts? The mount is account wide, but is there a trainer where I can learn cloud serpent riding? I'm going to be very upset if my alts have to grind over again just to ride an account-wide mount.

all your alts have to do the grind

but before you start complaining about that - just stop. once you get one to exalted, it literally takes like... 2 hours, maybe 3 tops, to do another. you have bonus rep, you do the qeustlines, farm maybe 6 or so eggs, and done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]