How to heal in raids?

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Hello everyone i have a 90 healer and i am really trying to get into healing but im confused. For example in 25 mans mainly Lfr just for example when everyone is taking damage how do you prioritize? Usually i start healing someone and half way through my cast someone heals them so i switch and it happens again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I don't know what class you are playing, so it's difficult to help you in that respect.

LFR has very little overall damage going out, and it has more healers than necessary. So, that's going to happen. It's called sniping, and you can't really do anything about it.

If you want to learn how to heal in a raid, I would actually suggest that you go do Isle of Conquest or Alterac Valley and heal there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well since you are a pally you can just faceroll and things will get topped off.

assuming your going to level your pally to raid*

Tanks>healers>dps is usually how i prioritize. In a normal raid your prolly going to be on boss duty with beacon. Pallys are the best tank healers in the game atm.

As for how to actually heal on one well i have no idea.
Edited by Loratabb on 5/5/2013 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
17 Draenei Shaman
Could you tell us what class you play?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
25 Man LFR-- I focus the tanks = Myself > DPS > Healers

6 Healers is often more than enough, so I hope that healers are taking care of themselves.

Any more fine details are really quite class/spec dependent. And of course, 25 man lfr plays way differently than 25 man or 10 man modes.

I normally raid 10 man normal, in which I often shield both tanks, and use my healing CD's while my co healer either goes holy and uses a lot of AoE healing, or as disc, uses quite a bit of atonement to fill in the gaps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Thanks for replies. By 90 heals is disc healer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Discipline: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1837
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In LFR, losing one tank is a disaster (you might be able to recover with a prompt brez or if it's very late in the fight), losing one healer is probably OK, and losing one DPS is better than average. There's lots of DPS and enrage timers are loose to nonexistent, so it's common to win with 3-5 dead DPS, sometimes more.

If you happen to notice that some particular DPS knows their stuff, then you might try to keep them alive, but usually I just save whoever I can and accept that we can finish with a few dead DPS. Often it's their own fault for standing in the wrong place/failing at a mechanic anyway, and if not, well, death is cheap in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well since you are a pally you can just faceroll and things will get topped off.

Tanks>healers>dps is usually how i prioritize. In a normal raid your prolly going to be on boss duty with beacon. Pallys are the best tank healers in the game atm.

ahhh thanks for the good laugh this morning.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

ahhh thanks for the good laugh this morning.

Glad to see my humor is appreciated !!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Basic Disc for LFRing:
1. Mash Atonement spells (Power Word: Solace > offensive Penance > Smite) most of the time, with PWS on the tanks whenever Weakened Soul wears off.

2. Watch timers, and when you see a timer showing "Evil Raidwide Damage Ability #32582" is about 15 seconds away and Spirit Shell is off cooldown, pop Archangel and Spirit Shell and cast a PoH on each group.

3. If you see a tank is taking a stupid amount of damage, hit them with Pain Suppression.

4. If you've got most of the raid standing pretty close together taking a stupid amount of damage, pop Power Word: Barrier.

5. When an Evil Raidwide Damage Ability gets through your Spirit Shell, hit either Cascade or Halo.

6. If the raid is taking enough damage that they're not being topped off very quickly, pop AA and cast a few PoHs to help out.

You pretty much never need to heal specific people. Leave that to the people with HoTs and good single-target direct heals.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
from what im told, the only way to heal in raids is with mouse over macro's
Reply Quote
In LFR'S I always make sure to pre-pot...and Then i will flip my flippable table...
after that i throw my banana down. crusader strike the boss for holy power.
light of dawn the raid. flip table on cd.

That rotation right there is a guaranteed chart topper for LFR.

Oh and make sure that your also wearing your vanity items from the cooking faction.

Huge LFR buffs there.
Reply Quote

This just isnt true. You also dont need any healer addons like clique or grid or whatever.

I use bartender just to move my UI around. Its pretty awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/07/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Hamerdin

This just isnt true. You also dont need any healer addons like clique or grid or whatever.

I use bartender just to move my UI around. Its pretty awesome.

It's true in the same sense that you need to have all your gear enchanted and gemmed to raid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I once ran into a warrior who said he could out heal me. He ran around and applied bandages to the casters lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I once ran into a warrior who said he could out heal me. He ran around and applied bandages to the casters lol

Back when the expac first started, and Disc was struggling with mana and bad gear, the Boomkin in my raid group at the time would come up and bandage me every time I sat down to drink.

I finally asked him why, and he was like, "You said you needed to drink! Bandages return mana!"

-_-

Of course boomkin NEVER GO OOM. *grumbles*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
sadly this game NO LONGER has cooperation when it comes to raiding at least not in lfr. before in old school WoW you are supposed to set up healing groups meaning 1 person heals so and so people and another just heals tank/ other people. no one in LFR does this. and if you have a good raid group that raids hardcore chances are you still do this. They do this so stupid things like overhealing/wasting GCD doesn't happen and in LFR this is something they do NOT do thus everyone is healing the same people and overhealing. Simply just heal whoever is dying that simple. if you're doing 10m or 25m with your own group not lfr then thats when you assign healing groups you and the other healer need to cooperate and if they are having trouble you obviously don't sit and wait you need to work together if they need help you help them.

i wouldn't worry about lfr it's a joke to heal i have topped healing charts in lfr with just 2-3 other healers while the rest are afk thats how bad it is people in LFR tend to be trolls or idiots and why no one takes it seriously. The least you should do when entering LFR's or any raids is KNOW THE MECHANICS.. this is probably a MUST in lfr at the least. in regular raids it is also a must especially on current content. other then that it's pretty simple healing regular raids the problem is cooperating with other members and being patient when it comes to downing raids. regular current raids are pretty hard and they just get harder but they make healing fun
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]