Scatter / Trap -Returned

90 Goblin Hunter
Maybe instead of 30% special ability reduction they changed it to 30% basic attacks.

This is what I'm thinking, personally.

I'm *hoping* that the only abilities that were increased are actual CC abilities like Web Wrap, Sting, Lullaby, etc and everything else was reduced.

But let's be honest, that is probably wishing for too much.
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
The longevity nerf is silly. It negatively affects every pet for BM, I see no reason behind it when the problem was a couple specific pet CCs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
30% special ability CD reduction gone from BM

This is very bad. Pet abilities are not reset by readiness, they should simply remove cc from readiness for bm to fix this problem.
Reply Quote
This is very bad. Pet abilities are not reset by readiness, they should simply remove cc from readiness for bm to fix this problem.

That would not stop the hordes of crying players as their new mantra is "All hunter CC is OP" so just unlinking BM's cc from readiness would still have them chanting to nerf MM & SV CC.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
05/07/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Agathorn
30% special ability CD reduction gone from BM

Readiness is not why it is bad.

A 2 second stun on a 60 second timer, is why it is bad.
A 2 second melee based interrupt on a 30 second timer, is why it is bad.
A 8 second disarm being forced to 60 seconds, instead of 42, is why it is good
A 3 second stun being changed from 31.5 seconds to 45 seconds, is why it is bad

etc

Removing Longevity is a hacksaw approach to what should be a series of surgical tweaks. Good news is, Blizz recognizes this, and claims some abilities are being fixed to compensate for loss of Longevity (probably not all of them that need it though).

I guess doing the hacksaw, and then patching up with surgical tweaks could end up better, in the long run. It depends on how thorough the patch work is though.

05/07/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Grapeshot

That would not stop the hordes of crying players as their new mantra is "All hunter CC is OP" so just unlinking BM's cc from readiness would still have them chanting to nerf MM & SV CC.

Nothing would stop that short of deleting the class.
Edited by Verdash on 5/7/2013 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Hunter
Why did they make the CD of sonic blast 2m? Was this causing huge issues over the more powerful CC? IE shale spider and crane?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
Where is everyone seeing this?! Longevity change I mean.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Where is everyone seeing this?! Longevity change I mean.

It's on MMO today.

Why did they make the CD of sonic blast 2m? Was this causing huge issues over the more powerful CC? IE shale spider and crane?

I am expecting a duration of 12 seconds on the Bat Stun (you know, to fit the CD when compared to nearly every other single target, non-damaging stun in the game; only exception I can think of is Shale Spider which is so far at 3 secs @ 45 sec CD)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I actually have a feeling all pet CC will be moved up to 2min :-(
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Hunter
https://twitter.com/holinka/status/331936735086915584

Looks like the bat stun might be the first of many. If a 2s stun is on a 2m cooldown, I shudder to think what my shale spider will become. Just shoehorns me further into using spirit beasts.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

Looks like the bat stun might be the first of many. If a 2s stun is on a 2m cooldown, I shudder to think what my shale spider will become. Just shoehorns me further into using spirit beasts.

The claim was the DataMining is incomplete...I hope that means the Bat stun is closer to 12 seconds, rather than 2....

or it has some other effect to warrant a 2 min CD...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

This is horrible... We should simply petition to have CCs removed from readiness than this crap. They allready said that pet ccs were not the problem. The removal of the 30% cd reduction will have a devistating effect on all exotic pets like spirit beasts/chimaeras. We need to petition this holinka to revert this decision. It would be better to have readiness removed from bm and give us a 1 second pet dismissal time than this.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
The claim was the DataMining is incomplete...I hope that means the Bat stun is closer to 12 seconds, rather than 2....

I assumed what they meant by "incomplete" was that the bat was just the first of the pets whose CC was nerfed.

I imagine the other pets' CC changes will be following soon.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Hunter
05/08/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Triggers

I assumed what they meant by "incomplete" was that the bat was just the first of the pets whose CC was nerfed.

I imagine the other pets' CC changes will be following soon.

I don't think he was being serious sweetie.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

Hard to tell from his posts, he's been going off about the bat stun all over the place.

My post was more of a "brace yourself, there's probably a whole lot more incoming" sorta thing. :P
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
05/09/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Triggers

Hard to tell from his posts, he's been going off about the bat stun all over the place.

My post was more of a "brace yourself, there's probably a whole lot more incoming" sorta thing. :P

12 second part - not serious
That being the extent of the bat changes, serious. Maybe they are changing the effect completly /shrug

Regardless of how you look at it, or the opinion that pet CC should be gimp when compared to player CC (if you notice, the vast majority of stuns in this game fit the 1 sec dur per 10 sec CD, across all classes, damage, AOE or otherwise...they definately don't have a 1 sec dur per 60 sec CD).

As I mentioned in one of the other threads, if the problem is we can chain too many CCs, then tone down the quantity. Don't nerf the ones we have into oblivious.

That is the same issue with our damaging abilities. We have so many abilities, that are not linked (i.e. nothing like this does X if Y is on the target) that each of them are weaker as they all take a share out of our damage pool.

Tone down the quantity, up the quality (assuming an upping would be needed)
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter

It's on MMO today.

Can you give me a link, I cant seem to find it on the MMO site. Im tired but still though.
Edited by Raygar on 5/12/2013 7:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Patch notes still show scatter/ trap nerf
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Patch notes still show scatter/ trap nerf

But recent tweets by devs say that there is something in the works to change this back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]