Shoulders of the chamberlain

90 Tauren Druid
I cant reach the top of the mountain, i heard theres a quest for that but i cant find it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Basically all the Chaimberlain pieces in the Saurok area require you have done the Saurok area dailies at least once, more or less.

The first one you get gives you a quest that turns you into one so nothing aggros you there. This also gives you an ultra high jump.

It's the only way I could get up there myself anyway. Other classes may be able to bypass it.
Edited by Tolna on 5/6/2013 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Okay thanks, i guess ill have to skip a day of pvp dailies :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's some tricky jumping too. You'd think if you back up and jump you'll land on top but you overshoot. Get up close to the rock face and jump, then you'll kinda stay on top by the edge. Don't jump from there!

Pain for lousy klutzy jumpers like
<--
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Basically all the Chaimberlain pieces in the Saurok area require you have done the Saurok area dailies at least once, more or less.

But where do you get the Saurok dailies? Also, someone suggested that he would have to skip a day of PvP dailies to do this. Does this mean you can't get the Saurok dailies if you do the PvP ones?
Reply Quote
Also, someone suggested that he would have to skip a day of PvP dailies to do this. Does this mean you can't get the Saurok dailies if you do the PvP ones?

He's the one who said he's have to skip dailies. And yes, fighting saurok would be involved with the PvE dailies, not with fighting the other faction.

When you first arrive at the base (and after having done some of the initial quests), you'll choose which kind of dailies to do. If you choose PvE, there are three possible places you can be sent, and the saurok ones will be at Ihgaluk Crag, which is right next to the Alliance base. It's random though, but if you're not after Valor or achievements, there's little reason to bother with the Chamberlain, ritual stones, or the group boss fights.

IIRC the first time I went there, I just had to kill a saurok real quick so I could complete the "disguise" and be turned into one myself (eventually, it takes a couple seconds to kick in). After that, every time you go to Ihgaluk Crag, you'll automatically turn into a saurok when you enter that part of the zone.
Edited by Drewb on 5/14/2013 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Thank you for the information.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Well, they did not give me the Saurok disguise, and no such mission gives it. Thanks for misleading me.

And I have to ask, why would ANYONE do the PvE dailies? I can finish the PvP dailies in less than an hour. It's taken me hours to get through the PvE dailies, and I'm still not done. They keep on adding quest after quest after quest with no end in sight. ENOUGH of this nonsense!

The gear is inferior to the PvP gear you can buy if you do the PvPs. So, why? Why? Why would anyone do the stupid PvEs? Are you masochists or something?
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 07:00 AMPosted by Trya
And I have to ask, why would ANYONE do the PvE dailies?

I don't know, maybe because people don't pvp. And if you want more rep and valor points you do the pve dailies. It's not that difficult of a concept
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 07:00 AMPosted by Trya
Well, they did not give me the Saurok disguise, and no such mission gives it. Thanks for misleading me.

Skin of the Saurok: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32549

(edit) Do you honestly think people are posting here to intentionally mislead others? Really?
Edited by Drewb on 5/15/2013 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
) Do you honestly think people are posting here to intentionally mislead others? Really?

Why not?

I belong to a PvP server. And folks do all kinds of things that serve no purpose but annoying others.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I took the PvE dailies again today, and this time I was offered the Saurok skin quest. So, I was able to complete the Chamberlain quest. You get some coin and you get to see the completed statue, and you get one of those rare thingamajigs that you need three of to complete the group quests.

Sort of anti-climactic. For all that trouble, I would have expected something really nifty.

I think the greatest reward is that I no longer have to endure the Chamberlain's smarmy comments on how I kill things. Good riddance!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sort of anti-climactic. For all that trouble, I would have expected something really nifty.

Drewb already told you so with the nice informative post, which you dissed as misleading since you didn't read it all or something. >_>

Sometimes helping people on the forums is bittersweet. But most of us shine on the ingrates and go help the next person in trouble.
Reply Quote
11 Orc Warrior
This is one of the most stupid, annoying, pain in the behind quests I have ever seen! Was it that the developers making it had a bad day and wanted to punish everyone? I do not mind quests that take a while to do, but ones like this are just out there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]