R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman

90 Draenei Mage
Hell has a new leader and his name is Jeff....

Today, we shall all Reign in Blood!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
First thing I thought when I heard this yesterday:

Right now Satan is running around Hell yelling, "He's coming! Look busy!"

There is a giant hole in the metal world, now. So long, Jeff.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Never much got into slayer even though i lost most metal but its still sad when such a major influence in a genre dies.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
HELL AWAITS

But seriously, R.I.P.

Haunting the Chapel and Show No Mercy are absolute essentials. I'm not a major Slayer fan, but this really sucks. I had no idea his health was that bad. 49 is way too young.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I agree. Show No Mercy was the first metal album i ever had. A friend stole it from his older brother and gave it to me when I was 6. I would sneak and listen to it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
RIP Jeff, as well as Slayer. There's no way they can continue without him. You had a great run guys.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I do recall in an interview Kerry King had that Jeff was the only one in the band that still drank. Everyone else pretty much sobered up. Counting that and his spider bite incident could also have been a contributing factor in his death as well. If you read up on wikipedia about what contributes to liver failure....... cirrhosis is one of the factors.
Edited by Norilice on 5/3/2013 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
R.I.P., though I never listened to much of Slayer's music.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I feel saddened by his loss. Then again, the impact is profound on me, as I've been listening to slayer for ~24 years now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Apparently westboro wants to protest at his funeral

Yes. Go anger a army of metal heads. You go do that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]