Mistweavers in PvE

90 Night Elf Warrior
For all you mistweavers running heroic content, how well are you competing against other healers at the moment? I'm finishing up my mistweaver as I see a TON of people wanting to recruit us like crazy.

Are our heals that great with higher ilvls? I usually heal the few dungeons I can now, but level as brewmaster so I can't really say I'm extremely in depth with the whole workings of a mistweaver.

I always seemed to hate having a monk healer when I was tanking dungeons with my warrior as I felt they were fairly weak with their heals, but that was also when you had to fistweave. I have always enjoyed healing, as I had a holy pally as my main waaaay back in vanilla. Just wanting to hear about all of your experiences while gearing your monks, and how well you seem to be doing on the charts during the hardcore progression compared to some of the other healers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because of the change to soothing mist and how it consistently generates chi, our mana regen has gone through the roof. Allowing mistweavers to gem full int and drop all their spirit.

This in turn, with high ilvl's has turned mistweavers into a class that never ooms with the highest sustained/burst throughput out of all the healers.

We're balanced by the fact that renewing mist is kind of dumb.
However we're in a pretty strong spot.
Edited by Suplift on 5/3/2013 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Awesome! So will I need to worry about spirit at lower ilvls for mana regen, or just focus on int/crit?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
At lower levels I have been doing fine with the gear you get from quests/dungeons and my BoAs that have 0 spirit. The only time I had any issues was when I had to use Surging Mist a lot. Now that I have some other spells and CDs available I have no issues.

This toon is only 71, however, I do have a level 83 MW and didn't ever need to reforge or anything.

Good luck.

P.s. Glyph the Mana Tea :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Oh the mana tea is glyphed!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I rank on every hard mode fight and I raid with a resto shaman/resto druid and consistently out heal them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
yea just watching some heroic progression streams i am seeing mistweavers pull insane numbers. they seem harder then the other healers imo. I haven't found a guide really and I only heal when i get bored in some dungeons just to practice. seems alright with the meh gear and i don't really quite know what im doing.
Edited by Windwaddler on 5/3/2013 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]