Thinking of Transferring Here...

1 Orc Warrior
Hi there! I am currently on a PVP server, but I decided it's time to head off onto another server because this one is dying. I still want to keep the PVP aspect of it, but I also want to try RP, so RPPVP seems to be where I want to go. This would be my first RP server, and I'm extremely excited. :D

I have been checking out your forums lately, and everything I'm looking for seems to be here. So I'm pretty sure I will transfer here, or at least make a new character over here. I just have a couple of questions that I really need answered (whether or not they are the answer I'm looking for, I'm at least going to make a character over here lol, just because this server sounds great). Give me your honest-to-god answer though, not a recruiter's answer. I don't have much money, and want to make sure I make a good choice. :3 Bear with me now; I've only got two questions.

Are there any guilds that raid on this server, that are progressing? I like to raid outside of LFR, and was wondering if there were any guilds that are progressing, maybe recruiting. If not... how hard is it to start a new guild? ;)

How is the population on this server? I know you can say low-medium, but is it really? When you walk into Orgrimmar/Stormwind, does the /who reflect that on a Saturday night? Do you have an AH that actually has things in it, and has some competition to keep prices from skyrocketing? Can you pug things in trade chat, or sell things? Is trade chat downright silent? Have people been leaving the server in boatloads? I only ask because this is exactly what my server is like, and I really don't want a repeat of it.

Those were my two questions. Thanks in advance for answering, I look forward to joining your server whether on my 90 or a level 1. You guys seem really awesome. :)
Reply Quote
Hello there! Welcome to the Ravenholdt forums =) I'll do my best to answer your questions and I would also encourage you to check out similar threads to get a sense of what everyone thinks about Ravenholdt!

05/04/2013 07:31 AMPosted by Grin
Are there any guilds that raid on this server, that are progressing?

There are definitely raiding guilds on Ravenholdt. Whether or not they are progressing at the speed you would like is something you would have to look into. I would check the progression thread at the top of these forums to see where the current guilds are raiding and how they're doing!

If not... how hard is it to start a new guild? ;)

While we welcome new guilds they tend to be difficult to foster on a low population server. This doesn't mean it's impossible though! If you truly cannot find a guild on Ravenholdt to suit your needs, creating your own guild is always an option. A while back, I created a resource for Guild Masters who are trying to get their guilds up and running on this server. If you're interested, here is the link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004455445

05/04/2013 07:31 AMPosted by Grin
How is the population on this server? I know you can say low-medium, but is it really? When you walk into Orgrimmar/Stormwind, does the /who reflect that on a Saturday night? Do you have an AH that actually has things in it, and has some competition to keep prices from skyrocketing? Can you pug things in trade chat, or sell things? Is trade chat downright silent? Have people been leaving the server in boatloads?

I definitely think that we reflect a low-medium population server. Weekend nights (and evenings in general) tend to be busier than the daytime hours. I'm not sure how many are in Stormwind during those times, but it's enough to keep me busy talking with people and doing things!

I rarely browse around on the AH except for transmog gear and the prices on those pieces fluctuate a lot. I have heard people complain about the Alliance AH though. You might want to make a level 1 alt and run to Stormwind to give you a general sense of our economy.

Also, I definitely see people asking for groups in Trade (when I remember to pay attention to it). I don't think that we have the number of Trade trolls that other servers do, so Trade might seem quiet. Honestly, I tend to find what I need within the my other channels. For example, using /RP (the in-game OOC channel where RPers just hang out) to find groups or items is usually pretty successful for me.

I don't want to paint a beautiful rosy picture just to have you transfer your 90 here and hate it. Please roll an alt here and check us out a little bit. Join our in-game chat channels, say hello on the Ravenholdt RP Sanctum (ravenholdt.us) and see if this is the type of server you're looking for. I love Ravenholdt because the community here is absolutely fantastic. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else, so I'm a little biased. So give us a try and see what you think before spending hard-earned money on a transfer!

Please let me know if you have additional questions =)
Edited by Aerana on 5/4/2013 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Ty so much. :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
<cough>...<cough>...WELCOME...

Was about to say roll horde, but remember I promised not to poach people. Since I have not seen an army of Gnomes with weber grills marching on Thunderbluff...I will honor that deal.

I will say, welcome to this little rock. Enjoy your time here and remember, Shop Smart...Shop Bob Mart...

http://static.tumblr.com/ihsae6e/Da6m71kbw/shop_smart__shop_s_mart_by_garystorkamp.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]