Yet another hunter melee request.

Yes I know I might get flamed here. I just wanted to voice my opinion on a Rexxar Beastmaster melee style. I keep reading about different play styles and a 4th spec. I think blizz did a great job with the warlock in MOP. It is also a pure dps class that was done very well. As I play this hunter(as an alt now) I am finding it bland. If it was not for my pets and favorite hero in wow Rexxar I would give up the hunter. As a request to the dev of blizz I would love to see a melee stlye hunter. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I don't think many would disagree conceptually. However, given that Blizz has removed all our melee abilities this woul dbe a step backwards.

Unless it is done through a 4th spec or new class entirely (which would mean next expan at minimum), it's simply not going to happen.

Besides they have enough trouble balancing hunters as it is. I would much rather them spend time adding uniqueness to the 3 specs we currently have.
Edited by Melix on 5/6/2013 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the replies! They are your likes and wants. Mine are mine.
Reply Quote
"Mr. Krugax, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Taken from Billy Madison and changed a few words around to fit the post better.

This girl needs a hug!
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Monk
U want melee with a pet go play unholy dk.

"Mr. Krugax, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Awesome.
Reply Quote
U want melee with a pet go play unholy dk.

Awesome.

Nah the undead is not the same as an aminal. It just does not feel the same. No nature involved. I have a 90 dk and unholy is nothing like rexxar. Keep posting!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'll just put this here...

http://www.warhammeronline.com/WhiteLion
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
play enh shaman and stop qqing
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

And here is my shaman. It is not a pet melee class. It was for a short while but we lost control over the spirit wolves. I was wishing for perma wolves for mop, but it did not happen.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

I did try that game and that class. I felt it was well tought out, but I really love wow.
Edited by Baxen on 5/6/2013 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Beast Mastery honestly should have been a melee tree. The most iconic Beast Master and one of the attractions to the Hunter class was the ever popular Rexxar. He ddn't fight with ranged weapons. He was a badass melee fighter who tag teamed with his pet.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

shamans are in tune with the spiritual part of nature while Beast Masters focus on actual living animals, so why would a hippie shaman feel the same as a Beast Master. That's like saying;

Arms Warriors = Ret Pallys
since they both use swords wear plate and rely on melee.

Holy Pallys = Priests
since they use holy magic to heal and damage

Shodow priests = Warlocks
since they use shadow magic, dots, wear cloth and fear.

Destruction Warlocks = Fire mages
since they use fire magic and wear cloth

Mages = Elemental shamans
since they both focus on controlling the elements

there are some similarity between them but they all have their own field to cover.
Edited by Farsightrx on 5/8/2013 6:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Op you are right. The enhancement shamman is not a beastmaster. Now if blizz added more pet control/dmg and perma wolves with some glyph to make them appear like an animal and not a spirit that would be getting real close to a beastmanster.

Thanks for posting!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Op you are right. The enhancement shamman is not a beastmaster. Now if blizz added more pet control/dmg and perma wolves with some glyph to make them appear like an animal and not a spirit that would be getting real close to a beastmanster.

Thanks for posting!

Alternatively, adding a melee spec would differentiate specs among a pure class (Enh is already distinct from Elem/Resto). So, more bang for buck if Hunters get it +P

Plus, they we can utilize our melee weapon proficiency for more than just vanity. And not everyone would want to be a melee hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Being a melee hunter would (almost) never be more useful than ranged one. sorry, nice idea but face reality.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Being a melee hunter would (almost) never be more useful than ranged one. sorry, nice idea but face reality.

umm...who said anything about useful? This is a fun thread!
And, your definition of "useful" is a little misleading. You meant to use the word "optimal".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Why have something fun & useless when something else can be fun & not useless?

I used the word I meant to use. Shut up Verdash.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Why have something fun & useless when something else can be fun & not useless?

I used the word I meant to use. Shut up Verdash.

1: someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed
2: by your logic; Enhancement shamans are "useless" compared to ele shamans, which is anything but the truth.

If there were a hunter melee spec, it would be made viable through class mechanics.

Common sense is a good thing to have.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Why have something fun & useless when something else can be fun & not useless
because 42 is the answer, but not always the only answer.

Now if blizz added more pet control/dmg and perma wolves with some glyph to make them appear like an animal and not a spirit that would be getting real close to a beastmanster.
Oh! and a minor glyph that also lets you control a different spirit beasts. Once you start having full control of non-spirits (animals) as a shaman then you crossed over to a Beastmaster.
Edited by Farsightrx on 5/8/2013 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]