Golden Lotus/Sunwalker Dezco short story up

46 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/destination-pandaria/faction-stories/bleeding-sun/

Be warned: this is quite possibly the most depressing piece of WoW fiction you will ever read.

Oh my god.
Reply Quote
Poor Dezco, this has to be the darkest Story ever by blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, celestials are jerks and that was pretty bad.

It's a good moral, but yeah.
Edited by Kauthryn on 5/3/2013 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
God damnit Dezco is my favorite NPC in MoP so far, and that just..

I stopped on page like, 7, to race back over to Two Moons just to make sure everyone was still alive and kicking there.

I cried like a big baby. D:
Reply Quote
46 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, celestials are jerks and that was pretty bad.

It's a good moral, but yeah.

What moral? I saw no moral.

I saw a man losing his entire family.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Oh sweet fel I threatened to tear up.
Seriously?
I had to get up. Let out a deep breath, and find a smoke and make a drink. That's. Man.
Seriously?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

I'm so angry. :(
Reply Quote
Spoiler

I mean Wow, that poor tauren. Giving his son away and then possibly crushing his other son by accident.
Edited by Cladriah on 5/3/2013 2:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I dont even know what too say ..... sad story
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What moral? I saw no moral.

I saw a man losing his entire family.

He was supposed to choose.
He tried to avoid the choice.
Instead of having a child, he now has none.

The moral is there.
Your indignation does not deny it.

This is a very basic moral, really.

We can take it even deeper and say that Dezco was so focused on one thing (keeping his family), that he lost another in the process (Cloudhoof's death). Keep in mind, Cloudhoof dies because Dezco forgot he was there as he was too focused on recovering Redhorn. Whether or not he actually killed him, he lost sight of one thing in pursuit of another.

Don't deny the brilliance of the concept.

An additional lesson is: don't carry your kids into battle.
Edited by Kauthryn on 5/3/2013 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Dezco is my favorite NPC in MoP so far, and that just..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
He was supposed to choose.
He tried to avoid the choice.
Instead of having a child, he now has none.

Supposed to choose according to who? Some foreign god who arbitrarily decided to claim his child? Why would Chi-ji even need to make such a declaration when there is already Alliance and Horde heroes already helping defend Pandaria?

One can technically put the blame squarely on Chi-ji and the Lotus for putting that horrid pressure on Dezco in the first place. Why wouldn't he want to take his children and leave after having lost so much already? And if the child was that precious, why didn't they take greater pains to protect it?

The only lesson I saw in that story was not to carry one's babies into a battle. But otherwise ...
Edited by Kunocati on 5/3/2013 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The feels, Poor Dezco. I don't know anything about him, for I am Alliance. But just reading this really saddens me. It's Darrowshire all over again on me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The only lesson I saw in that story was not to carry one's babies into a battle. But otherwise ...

What was he supposed to do with his kids? Leave them on the ground so a stone dog or mogu can kill both of them? Or give them to the GL who he thought were trying to stop him or felt they weren't able to protect his kids?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Well, that's depressing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Welp, I'm sobbing like a gigantic baby. Thanks Blizzard. You heartless jerks.

I'm glad for the little bit of tauren lore with the yeena'e and the dawn ritual. It's also nice to see a tauren who isn't Baine or Cairne and actually, y'know, has emotions beyond fear.

I can, in some small part, understand Dezco carrying his kids into battle in this particular situation. He was secreting them both away, and didn't trust the Golden Lotus. Not even to hold them for a little bit while he fought some quilen or something. Even in that situation, don't pretend that the quilen attack wasn't an ambush. There wasn't much time to hand them off anyway.
The mogu fight was different, but as I said, Dezco didn't trust the Golden Lotus to take care of his babies or do anything beyond use them for what he was sure were selfish purposes. There was clear, obvious reasoning on Dezco's behalf on why he took his babies into battle.
That said, it's really not a smart idea either way.

Ugly crying, though. Dezco is my favourite NPC in Mists by far and just seeing everything he loves get ripped so brutally away from him...damn, man. I really hope they keep his character going and give us some closure before the end of the xpac.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
All the feels. :(

Well that was a sad and depressing story.

I wonder when this will be canonically placed into effect?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I love a good, depressing story. Having it Tauren-related makes it even better.

Absolutely love Dezco, too. I wish his quest cinematic didn't bug up when I did it on Auri, though. Immensely disappointing. :<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I wonder when this will be canonically placed into effect?

That Zhi guy is still alive so somewhere during the GL questline.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I want more and I really don't all at once.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]