Golden Lotus/Sunwalker Dezco short story up

Man, Chi'Ji almost reached Malfurion levels of dickishness.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Oh yeah. That Hozen in the story made it a point to tell Dezco that everything happens for a reason. Had he refused the GL, he would've died with his family in Jade Forest.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I kind of liked how they made Chi'Ji seem more like a "god" rather than "cool dude who is also bird", to be frank.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Oh yeah. That Hozen in the story made it a point to tell Dezco that everything happens for a reason. Had he refused the GL, he would've died with his family in Jade Forest.

what if golden lotus killed hozen family
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I just realized, only one of the kids was actually dead. The other was just near death. I think Shandris and Varian were near dead too. You can heal near dead people, but not actually dead people unless it's necromancy.

The shaman in the Borean questline is not a necromancer. Her friend was bloody bones and sinew, and she got him back up on his hooves without necromancy. It wasn't just game mechanics, either. What we have here is a glaring inconsistency, but I'm not surprised, just sad.
Edited by Kunocati on 5/3/2013 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
what if golden lotus killed hozen family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE
Reply Quote
People talking about plot holes may as well just ask why Dezco didn't ask a mage to port him back to Mulgore.

It's Warcraft. The message will always trump the mechanics, because the mechanics of everything in this universe are malleable and generally depend entirely on the story.
Edited by Vesran on 5/3/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Poor Dezco. T.T

Whats next blizz, you going to have Garrosh kill him off?
Reply Quote
05/03/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Kunocati
I just realized, only one of the kids was actually dead. The other was just near death. I think Shandris and Varian were near dead too. You can heal near dead people, but not actually dead people unless it's necromancy.

The shaman in the Borean questline is not a necromancer. Her friend was bloody bones and sinew, and she got him back up on his hooves without necromancy. It wasn't just game mechanics, either. What we have here is a glaring inconsistency, but I'm not surprised, just sad.

I think resurrection depends a lot upon who you're resurrecting. If someone has been prepared before hand for death and resurrection, that can be accomplished, but bringing a child back, a child whose spirit is fragile, whose personality has not yet developed, that would probably be nearly impossible for even the strongest healer.

That's just my interpretation though, and part of that is based upon the old mechanics of the Soulstone.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
the shaman guy was also present in spirit and was likely quite willing, whereas necromancy has been said to be forceful
Reply Quote
Poor Dezco. T.T

Whats next blizz, you going to have Garrosh kill him off?

So he can escape his guilt? No. Some fates are worse than death.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
In D&D (Yes I know this is WoW) Resurrecting someone requires the dead spirit to accept it in order for them to come back. As pointed out the dead in question is a recently newborn child.

In WoW's case I like to think that in order for the resurrection to be successful the Spirit needs to accept it. Much like when you die, someone rezs you and you get a prompt asking if you accept it.

I know it is a gameplay mechanic in WoW but I thought I would just toss that out there.
Reply Quote
Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: I tell you now, because you have earned this warning.
Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Your gods are not your gods, outsider.

Taken out of context? Perhaps. Still seems ominously fitting.
Reply Quote
Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: I tell you now, because you have earned this warning.
Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Your gods are not your gods, outsider.

That was a typo. The actual line is "Your gods are not our gods, outsider."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight

Sources?
Reply Quote
Not a typo:

http://splicd.com/kwVp8BEr25E/1108/1120
Edited by Stax on 5/3/2013 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Sources?

"The "Your/our" typo should be fixed in 5.3. The Klaxxi definitely worship the Old Ones, though, so watch out if there's ever a chance of one reappearing on Azeroth...."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3226-Live-Developer-Q-A-Patch-5-2-and-Beyond
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I am still sad about this. I love Dezco. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
05/03/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Stax
Not a typo:

http://splicd.com/kwVp8BEr25E/1108/1120

Blizz said it was a typo.
Reply Quote
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3226-Live-Developer-Q-A-Patch-5-2-and-Beyond
Saddening.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]