Golden Lotus/Sunwalker Dezco short story up

90 Human Paladin
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3226-Live-Developer-Q-A-Patch-5-2-and-Beyond

There has been a lot of talk of the alliance being shortchanged lore-wise this expansion. Are there any plans to change this? (aka where is the fist pumping moment?)
I think the Alliance has had some strong moments this expansion: Jaina's arc is interesting,

Disgusting.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Loved it, now one of my favorites out of all the short stories. Liked that they're using Matt Burns again, he wrote Charge of the Aspects and Fire and Iron, and I really liked how that second one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/03/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Stax
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3226-Live-Developer-Q-A-Patch-5-2-and-Beyond
Saddening.

You're old gods are bad, and you should feel bad. Now go before you sprout some tentacles.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
So apprently the Klaxxi have told us that our Gods are not our Gods (Mind exploded), so it seems we have the wrong believes of the Gods in Azeroth? Will we see more of this information giving to us by the Klaxxi be revealed in the futures patch.

The "Your/our" typo should be fixed in 5.3. The Klaxxi definitely worship the Old Ones, though, so watch out if there's ever a chance of one reappearing on Azeroth....

That 7th Sha, still lurking?

You'll hear about it in 5.3... but that won't be the end of it!

Is anyone else getting the impression we will be looking at a Old God Resurrection?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Wow.

That story. That really -is- depressing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
We all wondered how you would react when we read this.

You makin' fun, boyo?

u wunna fite?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Big ugly crocodile tears.

Bad decision to read this at work. :\
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
I think the moral, if any, not sure if they ever try to have morals, is to not run away from your destiny or else it will bite you. Hard.
One often meets their fate on the road they take to avoid it.

Also...

Haven't read the whole thing yet, might not eventually since I pretty much got the idea.

Godamnit blizzard, why is it that whenevr we need a race/person to feel such utter pity towatrds they bring out the Tauren?

Cairne's death.

The Thunder Bluff Night Raid.

Camp Taurajo.

Now Sunwalker Dezco.

It's starting to get irritating that whenever they need some grand tragedy they bring out the Tauren.
Edited by Shmala on 5/3/2013 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

He was supposed to choose.
He tried to avoid the choice.
Instead of having a child, he now has none.

The moral is there.
Your indignation does not deny it.

This is a very basic moral, really.

We can take it even deeper and say that Dezco was so focused on one thing (keeping his family), that he lost another in the process (Cloudhoof's death). Keep in mind, Cloudhoof dies because Dezco forgot he was there as he was too focused on recovering Redhorn. Whether or not he actually killed him, he lost sight of one thing in pursuit of another.

Never focus on one detail at the expense of the greater picture.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter

Also...

Haven't read the whole thing yet, might not eventually since I pretty much got the idea.

Godamnit blizzard, why is it that whenevr we need a race/person to feel such utter pity towatrds they bring out the Tauren?

Cairne's death.

The Thunder Bluff Night Raid.

Camp Taurajo.

Now Sunwalker Dezco.

It's starting to get irritating that whenever they need some grand tragedy they bring out the Tauren.

I been sayin' that fer years, lady. Just wouldn't be an expansion without the tauren gettin' the 'ol iron boot in the balls, ya know? These guys been gettin' shafted like a gold mine since Northrend.

Guess I better head back to the Vale an' see what I can do...make a donation or sumthin'. I dunno.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest

05/03/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Shmala
to feel such utter pity towatrds

utter pity

utter

udder

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Seriously though, I'm all for depressing stories. More Tauren stories are more than welcome, too. Especially concerning the classes that haven't had much attention since their availability (Tauren Priests, Tauren Paladins).
Edited by Aurinaka on 5/3/2013 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
;~; Oh gods.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't see how anyone can compare the death of Cairne to this. Then again, I didn't even feel bad about this story. I'm not saying "heh me strong" but the events didn't really play on my emotions. I kind of went "wow" at one point and that's about it.

I'm not even a huge fan of Blizzard's writing, but these complaints are kind of whack.
Edited by Kauthryn on 5/3/2013 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
05/03/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Kauthryn
I don't see how anyone can compare the death of Cairne to this.
Not really making a comparison so much as adding to an ever growing list of how many times Tauren get kicked in the nuts to make a sad story.

Because apparently they're the only race the Horde has that's able to induce empathy or something.
Edited by Shmala on 5/3/2013 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
While they are the only "good" race in the Horde, I don't know.
I think Cairne's death is not unique. A lot of heroes die.

Few kill their child because of forgetting they're there, though.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
story was alright. I haven't paid much attention to the questlines in pandaria, so it was nice to see what's become of the major characters like Dezco.

he's alright in my book.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well.... This made the tears flow tonight. A sad, but good story. Im glad they gave him a story.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I just finished the story.

This story confirmed a lot of stuff for me, and added to my knowledge to the post where I'm going to tweak some sections of the Tauren Lore Compendium. Rituals I can add, along with the naming conventions of Tauren. Very neat.

For the story itself, I always enjoy reading Tauren-related short stories that Blizzard puts out. It definitely hit me in the feels a bit. I didn't cry or anything, but there was a lump in my throat during the battle scene.

As for the moral and the comments in this thread... after thinking about it for a little bit, I'm more inclined to agree with Vesp. The moral is there. He had to make a choice, and instead he chose to avoid the choice, so he paid the ultimate price.

A part of me was expecting something like that to happen when I had several pages to go through and he was starting to run.

But yeah, overall, I think it was a good story that expanded on Tauren culture. Good on you, Blizzard, good on you.

EDIT: And carrying your kids into battle is generally not a good thing to do.
Edited by Naharak on 5/3/2013 8:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
And carrying your kids into battle is generally not a good thing to do.

First thing I thought when I saw him in the Stoneplow battle cinematic.

"That can't be smart, can it?"
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I was not expecting that. Reading about a tauren character was a nice change of pace, especially one I'd taken a liking to in-game. Even though it was depressing as all hell, I really enjoyed it.

Also, Mokimo is pretty cool.

The moment you let go of expectation is the moment you are truly free. All we can do is serve the vale and know that wherever the winds blow us, we will have lived our lives for something greater than ourselves. For us, that is enough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]