OMG no!!! RPing as the Stormwind Army...

79 Dwarf Death Knight
This thread is directed at all those players or guilds that seek to represent the Stormwind Army or other Stormwind military organizations in their RP.

THE STORMWIND ARMY NETWORK: S.W.A.N.

Throughout the history of our server, we have had various military guilds working in and around Stormwind. Now, in the countdown to our roflstomping of Orgrimmar, I would think that it would be a great time to take up the Lion banner and make some military friends for RP. To this end, I will like to offer this thread in which we can make contacts, organize events, and set some basic standards for Stormwind Army RP.

Why build a network of Stormwind Army RPers?

Because the more the merrier. The military RP scene fluctuates between being a few big Army guilds or a handful of smaller Army guilds. RIght now, it looks like another period of small guilds.

To maximize RP and event potential, it makes sense to try and coordinate our efforts to a degree, but to do so without sacrificing the autonomy of the parties involved. You can stay in your guild but still be a part of the larger Army scene.

I never really liked the way that old councils or military groups would only recognize certain players and guilds as being the REAL Stormwind Army. I would like to see many players come together to bring their own perspective to Army RP.

What does it mean to participate in such a network?

As part of the network of Stormwind Army RPers, people will get to know you and you will be able to involve yourself in larger RP events than you would if you relied simply on your own guild's resources.

We also intend to organize special events that are Army-themed and that will tie in to the coming lore regarding the Siege of Orgrimmar.

Additionally, once a month (or more if people really enjoy it) we shall have a SWA planning meeting in which representatives from every group can get together and share their plans, ideas, and personal event info.

How are you going to avoid conflicts over rank?!!!

By ignoring them. Your rank is meaningful within your own guild. At meetings or network events, every group will have a representative chosen to speak, and all those representatives will be treated with exactly the same level of respect. If you want to give orders, then you are free to give them to your own people or to those who acknowledge your particular authority.
At the meetings, I will be in charge of moving the dicussion along and controlling the flow of things -- but that will not be based on military rank and it carries no other powers.

Decisions will be made on an opt-in basis. If you want to attack Silvermoon, then we will neither vote on the event or order people to participate. Instead, people and guilds can opt-in as they please. Should anyone wish to join your event, they would need to follow your ranking system and acknowledge that you are the lead for that event regardless of their own IC title.

What do you mean by basic standards of Stormwind Army RP?

Not what you think. All members of the network will have the freedom to choose how they RP as members of the SWA on an IC level, but we will require certain standards of OOC behavior for those parties interested in participating in the larger ring.

Guilds and players will be barred from the network if they:
  • Engage in disruption of RP in-game or on the forums (whether on their mains or on an alt)
  • Refuse to respect the RP of other players, including those not working within the network
  • harass or troll other players
  • Do lame things like resort to OOC /spit emotes because they disagree with people
  • Who can join this network?

Anyone RPing as a member of the Stormwind military. Guilds that might be related to other aspects of the Stormwind powerstructure are not included in this network unless they have Army members within them. This policy is to prevent cliques and monopolies on RP where one group legitimizes the other and vice-versa to the exclusion of new groups -- which is something that has happened frequently in MG history.

How do I join?

Well, if you think you can live with the OOC rules of behavior for the network, then please post your information following this template:

Guild/organization OOC name
    Guild/organization IC name
    Name of the player representative
    Rough size of group
    Short (50 words or less) summary of who you are and what you do as part of the Stormwind Army
    Edited by Silverarm on 5/3/2013 12:00 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    60 Night Elf Death Knight
    The OP is a genius!
    Reply Quote
    I guess everyone's doing Navy RP or something these days.
    Reply Quote
    90 Dwarf Warrior
    Well nothing I have would contribute to what you're doing here, Pylsur.

But I like where you're going with this, and can at least offer a supportive bump.
    Reply Quote
    Well nothing I have would contribute to what you're doing here, Pylsur.

But I like where you're going with this, and can at least offer a supportive bump.

No problem. The support is appreciated!
    Reply Quote
    90 Dwarf Hunter
    This thread has two dwarfs in it. Well, now three.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    And a human.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Warrior
    And a human.

Make that two.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Death Knight
    And my axe
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Mage
    The OP is a genius!

Hi Silverarm. ;)
    Reply Quote
    05/04/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Rofaldo
    The OP is a genius!

Hi Silverarm. ;)

Um, like Silverarm and me have nothing in common. Just ask our friends. Totes nice try tho!!!11111
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Rogue
    Paramilitary non affiliated with the factions' official military is where the RP is at these days. Because it leaves it open enough to to be working for or against your faction's military at the same time, and the possibility of mercenary action.
    Reply Quote
    05/04/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Githnji
    Because it leaves it open enough to to be working for or against your faction's military

Spoken like a troll.
    Reply Quote
    90 Goblin Shaman
    I was going to speak my support for this but since Pylsur seems to be your sycophant, forget it.
    Reply Quote
    I was going to speak my support for this but since Pylsur seems to be your sycophant, forget it.

That is Psylur you are thinking of!

Mmm, waffles.
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Mage
    Um, like Silverarm and me have nothing in common. Just ask our friends. Totes nice try tho!!!11111

I was thinking of saying "You know we can see your alts." but I think at that point the gag would be overstaying its welcome.
    Reply Quote
    05/04/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Rofaldo

I was thinking of saying "You know we can see your alts." but I think at that point the gag would be overstaying its welcome.

Might as well keep it going. The thread is pretty empty otherwise.
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Mage
    Might as well keep it going. The thread is pretty empty otherwise.

Well now I've blown it anyway. We'll just have to wait for someone else to pick it up.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]