BM vs blood dk

90 Goblin Hunter
So how do we do it???
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Step 1:- Don't be BM. Step 2:- Pet on passive. Step 3:- Kite him and giggle as he's stuck without anything to death strike except when he death grips you and gets 1 off before you disengage and continue giggling.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Warlock
And then he heals through all your damage so... then what?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
05/05/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Kveykva
And then he heals through all your damage so... then what?

If you kite him properly, he won't be hitting you (or your pet) more than once every ~30 seconds. And if he's not hitting you, he's not healing very much.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
If you kite him properly, he won't be hitting you (or your pet) more than once every ~30 seconds. And if he's not hitting you, he's not healing very much

I've honestly never had an issue killing any spec of hunter in a 1v1 as a Blood DK.

Luckily, the game isn't balanced for 1v1.

Still, between Chains root, constant snare from Chilblains, Conversion heals, Rune Tap heals, Bloodworm heals, Lichborn heals, AMS absorbs, and double trinkets.. there's pretty much no way that a hunter could outlast a Blood DK who knows what they're doing.

...and that's not counting Death Strikes, or the constant DoT damage, of course.

If you mean "escape combat entirely", sure, I could see that easily happening. But killing one w/out some kind of help? No, I don't think I'd ever be afraid of that.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Step 1: Camouflage
Step 2: Hope he goes away
Step 3: If in arena, hope your other partner(s) are there
Step 4: If not, do your best to kite, silence, lynx rush, and widow's venom as much as possible
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Step 1: Camouflage
Step 2: Hope he goes away

I like this plan.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Step 1: grab ankles
Step 2: kiss your.....goodbye
Step 3: Visit spirit rez
Step 4: hope he's not camping you
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
05/05/2013 04:02 PMPosted by Anaximar
If you kite him properly, he won't be hitting you (or your pet) more than once every ~30 seconds. And if he's not hitting you, he's not healing very much

I've honestly never had an issue killing any spec of hunter in a 1v1 as a Blood DK.

Luckily, the game isn't balanced for 1v1.

Still, between Chains root, constant snare from Chilblains, Conversion heals, Rune Tap heals, Bloodworm heals, Lichborn heals, AMS absorbs, and double trinkets.. there's pretty much no way that a hunter could outlast a Blood DK who knows what they're doing.

...and that's not counting Death Strikes, or the constant DoT damage, of course.

If you mean "escape combat entirely", sure, I could see that easily happening. But killing one w/out some kind of help? No, I don't think I'd ever be afraid of that.

Having said that, scatter shot will shares DT's with freezing trap and a plethora of other nerfs. Meanwhile you get to run rampant and do all the cool stuff you just said.

Imo the concept of DK looked good on paper but its horribly unbalanced. It was heavily babied by devs in LK. I mean come on a class that doesnt have to start off at level 1, you know like EVERY other class in the game has too?

Youd have to pretty much kite em to death which is impossible except in a world pvp situation. In a big theres a high chance someone will come to his aid and in an arena its almost pointless because of the limited space you have to work with.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
1. Kite him to a ledge.
2. Scatter trap.
3. Explosive trap/powershot him off said ledge and have a good laugh as he plummets to his doom.

DISCLAIMER: This tactic doesn't work if there aren't ledges to knock your enemies off. (Duh!)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
05/05/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Haassar
lynx rush

um no
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
05/06/2013 04:05 AMPosted by Khock
lynx rush

um no

Why? my thinking (which is always possible to be flawed) was that the bleed from lynx would be best vs. the plate and its burst is nice.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
in a 1 vs 1 situation against a competent blood DK a hunter has no chance.

Only scenario I see we could win if we kite and use cool downs perfectly, is if they don't pick up conversion talent. Otherwise is pointless, we have better chances to run away.

f you die to a blood dk as a hunter, please feel free to /wrists and alt+f4 and unistall

Maybe at the 85-89 bracket is different but at cap I would bet all my gold on a blood dk over a BM hunter 1vs1 any day.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Conversion heals

You need to be using runes in order to get the RP to use Conversion.

Bloodworm heals

Bloodworms proc off of white swings and then the worm attacks it's target, which would be the hunter 20+ yds away.

Lichborn heals

Again, you need RP to do this which you won't have from being kited.

All that being said, a BM hunter would have a hard time killing a Blood DK since their damage would be almost nonexistent. Not because of the plethora of CDs a blood dk has, but because of how awful BMs damage is without a pet.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
05/06/2013 10:40 AMPosted by Irefusetodie
You need to be using runes in order to get the RP to use Conversion.

Again, you need RP to do this which you won't have from being kited.

Chains of Ice generates 20 rp for 1 rune w/ PvP glove bonus. If you're being kited, you should be more or less overflowing w/ rp, as you can easily keep applying CoI.

Bloodworms do indeed proc off of white swings, but I have never seen a Hunter that could continue to kite through CoI roots and Chilblains snare w/out popping Disengage, at which point they will simply eat a Death Grip and a Death Strike.

AMS will negate Ice Trap / Explosive Trap tactics, Trinket for roots, Desecrated Ground / IBF for stuns.

A hunter simply will NOT beat a Blood DK who knows what they're doing 1v1, unless they kite him to friends and make it a 1v2 or more (or simply run away, that's always an option).

It really boils down to this: A Hunter doesn't have the self-healing available to continue to fight, while the Blood DK can last more than long enough for DoTs and damage from the times he inevitably WILL engage in melee to kill the Hunter.

Want to kill a blood DK? Bring friends. Or use another class. <.<
Edited by Anaximar on 5/6/2013 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Want to kill a blood DK? Bring friends. Or use another class. <.<

I don't have any problem at all killing blood dk's.

It's annoying and takes longer than most classes but unless the hunter sucks, the dk is NOT going to catch him. We also have things like scatter, intim, silencing shot, and web wrap in case they blow death grip.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I guess everyone has their own experiences, but I've never lost 1v1 to a hunter as Blood in this xpac.

And no, I'm not saying I'm good, I'm just saying the match up is that one-sided. <.<
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Hunter
I usually just avoid them unless they are carrying a flag, and then i wait for help.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I've never lost 1v1 to a hunter as Blood in this xpac.

have you ever fought a non-BM hunter in this xpac

if not, that's probably why youve never lost
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]