Open Libram LXXVII: Light in the Black

90 Dwarf Paladin
Your wife should feel bad!

I know! Turned her back on her second 80 and first raider, her Shaman, to go Ret Horde-side. >_<

Never get married, folks - they really do take it all from you.
90 Goblin Death Knight
05/11/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Oh I heard horror stories a plenty about Heroic Throne, I never dabbled in it until the final Tier of Cata though so I didn't experience the pain.

The best example of "well @#$%..." on heroic al'akir was when our Mage was the roamer in the raid to avoid the lightning hitting more than 2 people at a time. He went right, then got forced right again, then right again, then got trapped between 2 lightning zones and tornado walls and the lightning spawned on him because he couldn't get to the left side because of the tornado wall. His words not mine. "WHAT DO?". Heroic Conclave was just fidgety, if the timing wasn't close to perfect you had to start over.

How the hell are people supposed to get experience unless someone gives them the chance?

It's too late in the expansion for me to really be a possible application beyond any guild that's one of those "we're starting ToT raids in a few weeks!" where those 'few weeks' tends to last more like a few patches. Considering just trying to play something else, because melee in PVP have kinda taken a back-seat (surprise surprise...) to ranged yet again. The issue is the sheer lack of games that can keep me interested beyond a weekend.

Because there are a lot of stupid Ret Paladins.

I don't need to be reminded of that, when I used to PVP on Dath I would duel most of the other rets on the server with Beatstick or Dark Edge of Insanity and when I won they would say it was just because of my T2 weapon. It made me cringe... I think you guys are right when you say they're mostly the wrath kiddies who slammed every button on their keyboard and was able to slay people effortlessly, but saw themselves as top WoW players.
91 Draenei Death Knight
05/11/2013 10:46 PMPosted by Vrqt
It's too late in the expansion for me to really be a possible application

Well I haven't had to apply for a guild in ages so I wouldn't know anymore, and I've always settled for normal raiding so maybe it is harder to get into the heroic scene which I assume is what you're shooting for.

Still, there has to be someone out there that'll take ya.

/random

The closer I get to max level on my DK the more I question whether I want to play it anymore. I don't like the new play style for Dual Wield which is essentially Masterfrost from Cata.

I want the old play style back which is essentially 2H Frost, but I don't want to play 2H Frost. I have Caden for my 2H fun times.

I made Shandrie just because a Dual Wielding Death Knight seemed wicked and awesome. :(
90 Dwarf Paladin
I gave up on Frost a long time ago; just go Blood. You'll have more fun.
100 Draenei Paladin
I gave up on Frost a long time ago; just go Blood. You'll have more fun.

I play Blood, cause two specs. I actually did a lot of Blood raid Tanking in late Wrath and in bits and pieces throughout Cata for some alternate raid groups in my guild.

But I like Frost, or I did. Perhaps you gave up on it because of that faceroll stuff you're always going on about, and Frost by no means is complex, but it was still fun.

Plus Shandrie just looked so cool doing it. <_<
90 Blood Elf Paladin
DW frost if done incorrectly is going to produce really !@#$ty dps. Even with following ClCDK i barely pulled 50k. Wish dw frost could go crazy on haste instead of mastery so I don't have to spend 300g on reforge.
Edited by Aglaea on 5/11/2013 11:15 PM PDT
90 Goblin Death Knight
Masterfrost from Cata.

In terms of DPS, you actually don't lose that much by going haste spec dual-wielding over mastery.

The rotation is different, but the actual loss of DPS is really quite minimal.

Well I haven't had to apply for a guild in ages so I wouldn't know anymore, and I've always settled for normal raiding so maybe it is harder to get into the heroic scene which I assume is what you're shooting for.

I'd be happy with just some raiding, normal or heroic. Just not like what I mentioned where it's 90% talking about raiding and 10% making excuses about why they aren't raiding.
100 Draenei Paladin
In terms of DPS, you actually don't lose that much by going haste spec dual-wielding over mastery.

The rotation is different, but the actual loss of DPS is really quite minimal.

Well the difference in rotation is what bothers me most as I dislike the Masterfrost style of prioritizing Frost Strike/Howling Blast and only using Obliterate under the right circumstances.

I really haven't looked deeply into it as Mists has killed my desire for alts, but you're saying essentially that I could play DW Frost like it was in Cata and like 2H is now without loosing overly much?

Cause I've been thinking of doing that already and to hell with the theory crafters on this one, cause fun.

I'd be happy with just some raiding, normal or heroic. Just not like what I mentioned where it's 90% talking about raiding and 10% making excuses about why they aren't raiding.

Well then surely there is some normal mode guild out there that would put some value in your past experience.

I wish you luck, never let your friend live it down. :P
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/11/2013 11:19 PM PDT
90 Goblin Death Knight
Well the difference in rotation is what bothers me most as I dislike the Masterfrost style of prioritizing Frost Strike and only using Obliterate under the right circumstances.

Well under 100% optimal rotations for DW you use Obliterate only when you have unholy runes, as opposed to 2H where you pretty much only use Obliterates unless AoEing. You use blood tap on your unholy runes to allow for more Howling Blasts.

2H is just more flexible, but a lot worse for AoE.
90 Goblin Death Knight
^ What Lobster said.

My favorite part of Al'akir heroic was breaking p2 with almost no resources left, and then everyone is just like.

"@#$% Yeah! We got this now!"

10 man raiding really was hard in t11. Remember the world first 10h Halfus, and they didn't get the tier chest. Ask a GM, response is "oh it doesn't drop from 10h halfus."

/facepalm
100 Draenei Paladin
05/11/2013 10:46 PMPosted by Vrqt
It's too late in the expansion for me to really be a possible application beyond any guild that's one of those "we're starting ToT raids in a few weeks!" where those 'few weeks' tends to last more like a few patches. Considering just trying to play something else, because melee in PVP have kinda taken a back-seat (surprise surprise...) to ranged yet again. The issue is the sheer lack of games that can keep me interested beyond a weekend.

I dunno .. you can get close to gearing just with LFR and the odd VP piece. We're currently looking to recruit a Warlock that is only 1/12N (we're on 2/13H) with an equipped ilevel of 508 (I'm only 513 equipped atm). As much as LFR is full of derp faces it's also a place to get some experience.

Beyond that finding a group of people that aren't elite jerks is the challenge. You need to find another Infamy IMO. :D

[e] also, watching Animal Planet and I have one more thing to say .. THAT WAS A SQUATCH!
Edited by Muletia on 5/12/2013 2:14 AM PDT
90 Goblin Death Knight
05/12/2013 02:13 AMPosted by Muletia
Beyond that finding a group of people that aren't elite jerks is the challenge.

Such is the issue.

THAT WAS A SQUATCH!

I swear, that is the guiltiest of all pleasures watching that show! I'm always like "OMG WILL THEY FIND IT THIS EPISODE!?!?!?!"
90 Dwarf Paladin
Well, there are worse things to have stuck in your head than AC/DC.
100 Dwarf Paladin
I keep reading the Libram title as "Back in Black" and then I can't get AC/DC out of my head.

Overplayed and stupid song is overplayed and stupid.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Hey, if it's good enough for Tony Stark, it's good - period. >_>
100 Dwarf Paladin
Not when every corporation and their mother uses it in their ads. <.<
90 Dwarf Paladin
And that's why I don't watch TV. :p
100 Dwarf Paladin
Not necessarily TV. There was a time when you couldn't watch anything on youtube without hitting a CoD: BLOPS II commercial using Back in Black.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]