Open Libram LXXVII: Light in the Black

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just wish I could go back to full time Ret already. But no, I'm stuck as prot... Not bitter at all, nope. Not me. Anger doesn't even fit into my vocabulary over this topic. /sarcasm
90 Draenei Paladin
Durumu is a Beholder knock off from D&D

Never played D&D.
05/13/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Primordious is a Gollum knock off from LoTR cause of the way he talks

Don't raid (or play) with sound on.
05/13/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
You silly.

*shrug* :p
Edited by Muletia on 5/14/2013 1:29 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
i was going to say that raiding without sound on would be really disorienting and make it hard to avoid things since most bosses have audio queues when they are going to do a thing, but then i realized that most of what i hear in combat is BWOMPH PCHEW THUD PCHEW URRAAGH! SWOOOOSH CLANK PCHEW PSHSHSHSHSHSHSKOW FWOOOSH AUGH! CLANK PCHEW I CAN'T USE THAT YET PCHEW KSHIINNNNGG CLONK CLANK PCHEW while some kind of yellow lightshow pours out of my character and a bunch of other multicolored bullcrap occurs in front of me (even with other people's spell effects turned down!).

so yeah, i guess playing without sound wouldn't really be a detriment. this game has kind of reached critical mass in terms of visual and audio clutter while raiding - i can't even imagine the riot of spell effects and explody noises that 25man raiding generates. it's really hard to figure out what is even happening sometimes, and not having sound might actually help!

BLONK PCHEW
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I can't raid with sound >_> need music to keep me sane when people mess up the same mechanics over and over and over.

When are they inventing cloning?
90 Draenei Paladin
I can't raid with sound >_> need music to keep me sane when people mess up the same mechanics over and over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ARhIY5U8yo

Only song that keeps me sane on the trash before Animus.

Are 10s largely defined by an inability to invest the amount of time that 25s do? Hence the lack of high end 10s?
It could also be that there are virtually no N 25 guilds. Most 25s have heroic intentions.

That tweet makes me kind of sad. Even though logically it makes since that most casual raiding has switched to 10s. Still sad that casual 25m is rare breed.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Is haste still the go to stat for holy avenger in a PVP setting, or is mastery better?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
you people who raid with out sound are weird. you can turn the THUNKTHUNKWOOSHCLANKWOOSH down.

alll my cues and timers are based around sound.

That tweet makes me kind of sad. Even though logically it makes since that most casual raiding has switched to 10s. Still sad that casual 25m is rare breed.

there are plenty of high end 10s, but there are a lot more mid to low range 10s then there are mid to low range 25s, and that is a shame. i don't want to do 10s simply because i'm not thuper-hardcore
Edited by Vladja on 5/14/2013 7:08 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Can we not get into the 10/25 debate please
90 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

Seems the more 'casual' raid size would be 10, less people , less commitment I suppose. Not to say that there arent hardcore 10 mans either

Though my guild just started on heroics, I suppose we'd also be considered 'semi-casual' 25 man as we only raid 3 nights a week for 3 hours a night.
90 Tauren Paladin
I don't understand why so many people think of "Casual" as bad... My guild is 4/12 Tot Heroic and we only raid two days a week.
90 Dwarf Paladin
All helm-dropping bosses killed, and two coins left for Animus' bucket.

I swear, if I don't get a frakking helmet this week, I am gonna be so pissed off. >_<
90 Human Paladin
I don't understand why so many people think of "Casual" as bad... My guild is 4/12 Tot Heroic and we only raid two days a week.

Its usually only idiots that thing 'casual' is bad

People with inflated sense of ego and 'hardcoreness' that usually dont fit their own criteria
90 Blood Elf Paladin
2 piece get!

too bad its lfr, im not sure whether to be upset that my alt got both the tier pieces off one nalak kill, while my main has lfr stuff lol

sadly no spark again this week, watch my dk get it
90 Draenei Paladin
You people who play without sound really are missing out, like seriously. If WoW does one thing amazingly well it's the music, seriously listen to one of the soundtracks sometime.

Play with sound on!

I'm fairly sure I'd start dying a lot more without sound on myself.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/14/2013 10:55 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
I tried a raid without sound once

Couldn't do it, needed my sound cues x.x
Edited by Paladinchaz on 5/14/2013 10:59 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Beautiful day for a jog outside!! Hate it when background music overpowers the dialogue during cut scenes.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Outside? By the Light, why would you ever go out there for anything other than comestibles?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Gotta do that too!! What should I eat?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]