Open Libram LXXVII: Light in the Black

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't understand why so many people think of "Casual" as bad... My guild is 4/12 Tot Heroic and we only raid two days a week.

i think casual means different things to different people. i consider myself 'casual' and i'm fairly sure everyone in my guild does too, but a lot of people wouldn't consider me casual because i raid on a set schedule and do it in 25s.

i see a lot of people throwing around this 'semi-hardcore' term around, and i think that quite describes it either.

a lot of casuals ARE bad because they are not willing to put time and energy into their character, and they think thats what casual means so they bandy the term about giving skilled 'casuals' who just don't have the time to play more a bad name.

You people who play without sound really are missing out, like seriously. If WoW does one thing amazingly well it's the music, seriously listen to one of the soundtracks sometime.

i can't stand the pandaria zone music, it makes me cringe, it's so cheesy. some of the outland and northrend music however is absolutely amazing.

i play without music on, but i have to have game sounds on, so so so so many game cues come from sound for me, both in pvp and pve.

though i've had my art of war proc on a ka-ching noise for pretty much ever, and i now have a pavlovian response to smash my R key when i hear a cash machine.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Gotta do that too!! What should I eat?

I ate Popeye's while doing LFR. Chicken and ROFL-stomps!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nothing like killing trolls to the dulcet tones of ayumi hamasaki lol
Edited by Iliriel on 5/14/2013 12:28 PM PDT
90 Draenei Paladin
05/14/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
If WoW does one thing amazingly well it's the music

Even when I used to play with game sounds on the music was muted. It just doesn't do anything for me and is more of a distraction.

I do however raid with music playing - TechnoBase.FM streamed through ShoutCast.
05/14/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Play with sound on!

You can't make me. You're not my mother!
90 Human Paladin
Outside? By the Light, why would you ever go out there for anything other than comestibles?

Outside is where bears live. I mean come on, have a little sense.
90 Dwarf Paladin
05/14/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Ravicana
Outside? By the Light, why would you ever go out there for anything other than comestibles?

...So are you in defense of going out or not? 'Cause, y'know, there is no Sanctuary!
90 Human Paladin
'Cause, y'know, there is no Sanctuary!

Ok Logan
90 Blood Elf Paladin

don't forget the attack penguins!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I ate Popeye's while doing LFR. Chicken and ROFL-stomps!

Went to a six dollar buffet. Mother of god...
90 Draenei Paladin
i think casual means different things to different people. i consider myself 'casual' and i'm fairly sure everyone in my guild does too, but a lot of people wouldn't consider me casual because i raid on a set schedule and do it in 25s.

That's a fair bit of it, I suspect. It's more a level of how strict attendance policies are and willingness to sub/kick for comps, in addition to the amount of time spent on progression. There's alot of variation in that, but most of the general population's focus seems to go to time and ability.

Went to a six dollar buffet. Mother of god...

I cringe whenever I think of buffets.
Edited by Snozberries on 5/14/2013 2:26 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
Sod it; I'm saving my last coin - and all the rest - until 5.3. This absolute lack of helm drops in seven months is just utterly and completely retarded. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
90 Draenei Paladin
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Just did the last wing of LFR, no Tier Shoulders or Helm. Also no Tier off Nalak.

I too am starting to get quite angry.

Grrrrr.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/14/2013 4:51 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
Oh, WTF? Now I'm not getting anything but gold as Holy in T14, too. >_<
Edited by Grôgnárd on 5/14/2013 4:57 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You people who play without sound really are missing out, like seriously. If WoW does one thing amazingly well it's the music, seriously listen to one of the soundtracks sometime.

The last time I listened to music pre-MOP it sounded like someone hitting a MIDI keyboard with a plastic hammer, that's the only way I can describe it. Now, the MOP music...that was good.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/14/see-the-handwritten-note-about-guns-joe-biden-sent-a-wis-boy/

the comments section....it burns
90 Blood Elf Paladin
His penmanship is !@#$ing awful.
90 Draenei Paladin
the comments section....it burns

The comments on any political story show just how stupid people are.

His penmanship is !@#$ing awful.

So is mine, some people just can't write beautifully.

Thank God for the digital age.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't thank it, it's to blame.

Though it shouldn't be for someone his age.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Maybe he was originally training to be a doctor? Or an author, 'cause all the writers I've ever met have atrocious handwriting.

Oddly, I found Biden's note quite legible...But, then, I can read my own handwriting - and the CIA can't even decipher that!
90 Draenei Paladin
So just tried to do a LFR, they wiped to the enrage on Durumu. I have no words.

I think I'll just wait until tomorrow to finish my LFR. Screw getting Tier before our Normal Raid.

Don't thank it, it's to blame.

I'll continue to thank it thanks, what someones handwriting looks like really doesn't matter in this day and age.

It's the content that counts.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]