Burst Damage in PvP

100 Night Elf Druid
I just resubbed from an 8 month vacation from WoW and have completed getting all of the available honor gear from bgs. I love pvp and it is all I do in WoW. I don't care at all for PvE. I have also been 2200+ in 2s, 3s, and rated bgs.

As of now, I can't believe how high burst damage in pvp has gotten this expansion. It seems like every class has the ability to kill a fully geared player in <5 seconds by stacking a series of 3 minute cooldowns and an on use trinket. EVERY class, not even singling one out! This seems like a really stupid and frustrating game design. I have been countless times killed from full HP in a stun from one other player.

Many times I have been killed by ranged classes just going the distance it takes to run from casting range to melee, as a feral druid with charge. A shadow priest killed me in the amount of time it took me to run back from his fear to melee range. An ele shaman killed me in a series of 3 gcds just a few minutes ago. A frost mage blew me up in a deep freeze when my trinket was down in a battleground. I've died in countless rogue openers before the stunlock was even over. And yes, I've died in a feral opener too when they popped incarnation, berserk, their agi trinket, and natures vigil. I've died in a paladin's hoj. I've died in a warrior charge/shockwave combo. The list goes on. No one class is at fault for this stupidity, it seems that every class can do this. How is this even supposed to be fun?

I don't care if "the game is balanced around 3v3 arena." I care about what I enjoy. 1v1's, random bgs, occasional arena, and world pvp encounters. If these encounters are not enjoyable, then I don't enjoy the game. Period. As of now, the game feels very unenjoyable to me.

I have a hard time believing this gets much better with Tyrannical gear considering it actually has less resilience on it than the 476 Malevolent gear.

I don't know why I'm writing this, but I guess I just feel really frustrated and annoyed with pvp in general and hope blizzard does something about it in 5.3. I'm not sure how many more times I can be killed in <5 seconds by another player before I just throw in the towel and say the game is just too frustrating to bother.

Blizzard, please fix your game for pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Nah, I think it's pretty legit that often times my first 2 globals in 3's are Trinket -> Spirit Link to keep someone from dying in the first few seconds of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just resubbed from an 8 month vacation from WoW and have completed getting all of the available honor gear from bgs. I love pvp and it is all I do in WoW. I don't care at all for PvE. I have also been 2200+ in 2s, 3s, and rated bgs.

As of now, I can't believe how high burst damage in pvp has gotten this expansion. It seems like every class has the ability to kill a fully geared player in <5 seconds by stacking a series of 3 minute cooldowns and an on use trinket. EVERY class, not even singling one out! This seems like a really stupid and frustrating game design. I have been countless times killed from full HP in a stun from one other player.

Many times I have been killed by ranged classes just going the distance it takes to run from casting range to melee, as a feral druid with charge. A shadow priest killed me in the amount of time it took me to run back from his fear to melee range. An ele shaman killed me in a series of 3 gcds just a few minutes ago. A frost mage blew me up in a deep freeze when my trinket was down in a battleground. I've died in countless rogue openers before the stunlock was even over. And yes, I've died in a feral opener too when they popped incarnation, berserk, their agi trinket, and natures vigil. I've died in a paladin's hoj. I've died in a warrior charge/shockwave combo. The list goes on. No one class is at fault for this stupidity, it seems that every class can do this. How is this even supposed to be fun?

I don't care if "the game is balanced around 3v3 arena." I care about what I enjoy. 1v1's, random bgs, occasional arena, and world pvp encounters. If these encounters are not enjoyable, then I don't enjoy the game. Period. As of now, the game feels very unenjoyable to me.

I have a hard time believing this gets much better with Tyrannical gear considering it actually has less resilience on it than the 476 Malevolent gear.

I don't know why I'm writing this, but I guess I just feel really frustrated and annoyed with pvp in general and hope blizzard does something about it in 5.3. I'm not sure how many more times I can be killed in <5 seconds by another player before I just throw in the towel and say the game is just too frustrating to bother.

Blizzard, please fix your game for pvp.

^---This over and over I agree gearing makes you so frusterated I cant do more then like 2 or 3 bgs or I will destroy my computer probably.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
They did this to lower the skill differential in PvP, now even if you're a derp you stand a shot at taking a good player out by using everything at once.

It's extremely annoying as a healer, if you have any 2 dps blow everything and just keep their stuns on CD there is no way for you to live without assistance.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
They did this to lower the skill differential in PvP, now even if you're a derp you stand a shot at taking a good player out by using everything at once.

It's extremely annoying as a healer, if you have any 2 dps blow everything and just keep their stuns on CD there is no way for you to live without assistance.

For me, this could be mitigated by allowing the healer to reliably get away... I think we are quickly coming to a breakpoint where even two things are going to happen in WoW. 1. Damage will be intense enough, and healing weak enough where a free healer can HELP, but not completely save someone in most situations. But this assumes that healers no longer are priority target #1 due to being neutered. 2. CC is just so strong that healers are constantly mobile and thus some healers can't heal as effectively.

I think something like Spectral Guise (Which although nice, fails like the old vanish for rogues, a lot) or Lesser Invisibility are good trade offs. They allow us to get away, but we are also in a half-state where we can't really do anything without losing the protection.

Escape tactics seem to be the next frontier. Which will just lead into the never-ending cycle of DPS complaining that they can't obliterate a healer... even if the healer is somewhat moot.
Reply Quote
65 Blood Elf Paladin
SPriest will burst if he has 3 orbs up, mind flay big damage. The ramp up time for a spriests burst is a very limiting thing. Other classes just mash a swifty macro to do the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
You failed to mention warlock.

Was just killed by 60k Conflagrate, 60k Conflagrate, 120k Chaos Bolt, 150k Shadowburn.

I was silenced during that time as well.

Just idiotic game design.

Edit: And yup I used AMS early on
Edited by Longprairie on 5/4/2013 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
You failed to mention warlock.

Was just killed by 60k Conflagrate, 60k Conflagrate, 120k Chaos Bolt, 150k Shadowburn.

I was silenced during that time as well.

Just idiotic game design.

Edit: And yup I used AMS early on

Ah, Chaosbolt... I spec'd into holy just to be able to stop the cast. Once.

Once.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]