Haste no longer number 1 for marksmen?

90 Human Hunter
I remember haste being the best stat to have in early pandaria, is that no longer the case?

Should I reforge everything that has haste into crit now?

Also, do my trinkets stack?

Marks by the way.
Edited by Defiant on 5/4/2013 1:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Haste was never top for MM, it's always been crit. There were times where you wanted more haste than crit due to certain haste levels making your rotation a bit smoother, but crit has always been top.
Reply Quote
05/04/2013 01:20 AMPosted by Defiant

If they proc at the same time, yes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Haste has never been a better stat than crit UNTIL now, and even now it's only at a very high gear level, as in full heroic gear.

For secondary stats, get hit and expertise to 7.5%, then crit, whether haste or mastery is next best depends on spec and somewhat on your gear.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
id say that't not entirely true. Haste for MM has very often been much closer to crit than for SV or BM. that being said. Nowadays, i would say that haste is your go to since the aimed shot cast time reduction and the invention of the RPPM trinkets, set pieces, and meta gems.

However, there is a drawback. The amount of RPPM abilities and trinkets that is required before a truly high haste build is still under contention. For instance, in full normal mode gear, with 2 RPPM trinkets, the 2 and 4 set piece, and the meta gem. id say go haste and not look back. some would say not until your fully into heroic gear. However, with 4 or 5 RPPM based abilities and trinkets that increase with haste. you'd be pretty safe to go full on haste>crit>mastery

However, with your current gear. id keep crit still fairly close to haste and i would learn how to use simulationcraft because it will all change with each piece of gear. From experience, stat weights like to shift back and forth because you gained 60 more crit from a gear upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
05/04/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Yuyn

If they proc at the same time, yes.

They don't proc at the exact same time, one procs, then fades, then the other procs.

Should I keep both of them or should I use the trinket I got from brewfest still (Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster)
Reply Quote
Should I keep both of them or should I use the trinket I got from brewfest still (Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster)

I would usually say run it through FD, but given that Coren's was not that great of a trinket at the start of MoP, just drop it all together for both ToT trinkets (armory is showing you have Coren's equipped, but I'm assuming you swapped out one of your ToT trinkets for it, yes?)

If you have any questions about a gear set up, FD is always a great place to test things out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I remember haste being the best stat to have in early pandaria

Nope. Crit was and always has (as far as I can recall) been the best stat for PvP Marksman.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]