ONLY way to reduce queue time

90 Gnome Mage
SOS
if dungeon finder or LFR is lacking tank or healer... 'call of arms' will pop and u will get a bag that no one really want. who the F now days want 28 gold?

on the other hand, something people would really want is VPs and rep.

so if 'call of arms' for healer! people heals get to choose between...

50% bonus VPs that is not count towards the weekly 1000 VP cap
100% bonus rep on a fraction of choice

in LFR, instead of allowing anyone to choose which spec of gears to loot, now u may only choose loot if u have ticked multiple roles. so if a druid have ticked both heal and dps (obviously he'll be healing). then this druid will be allow to pick dps gears as loot, but if u only tick dps, u can't choose tank or heal gears. yep that will make a lot of low geared inexperienced healer/tank in LFR, but also attract a lot of highly geared tank/healer.

since bliz already got the FORCED dailies, why not FORCED healing/tanking with some good reward that people actually want??
Edited by Facerollerr on 5/4/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
The satchels are great as they are. Stop being greedy.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
SOS
no1 will tank or heal cos of the satchel, the reason people tank or heal is only either they want shorter queue, or they enjoy it, it would not make people that only like to dps to become tank or heal.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I tank because of the Satchel all the time. Gems, flasks, and food can all be used by my guild or sold so why not queue when satchels are up? Blizzard is essentially giving a free bonus for something people do all the time, and it obviously works otherwise the satchel bonus would stay up all day every day because tanks or healers don't want to queue just for that bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
SOS
in this case its not enough, what we need to achieve is dps gets instant queue
Reply Quote
The problem isn't necessarily a lack of tanks/healers in LFR.

It's that tanks and healers in LFR have literally no incentive to run the same part of LFR more than once a week. We can run LFD instances as many times a day as we want and we'll end up with some VP and a chance at loot... and it costs us maybe 10-20 minutes of our time at most.

On the other hand, we can get loot from LFR only once a week and sitting in a raid for 30 minutes minimum isn't worth 45 VP (heck, it wouldn't even be worth the 90 VP, if we're talking about time efficiency and the fact that we get literally nothing beyond the VP at the end of the run). Adding a failbag isn't going to fix that fact unless said failbag happens to include a chance at some lucrative, worthwhile stuff (yeah, gold and pots don't cut it).

Thus, for people like me who finish our LFRs early in the week, we'd need something compelling to draw us back into LFR again to make up for the lack of loot.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
no1 will tank or heal cos of the satchel
I do on my tank. :/

in this case its not enough, what we need to achieve is dps gets instant queue
Then make friends with a tank or healer because blizzard can't force enough people to heal/tank to make that happen...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
if dungeon finder or LFR is lacking tank or healer... 'call of arms' will pop and u will get a bag that no one really want. who the F now days want 28 gold?

on the other hand, something people would really want is VPs and rep.

so if 'call of arms' for healer! people heals get to choose between...

50% bonus VPs that is not count towards the weekly 1000 VP cap
100% bonus rep on a fraction of choice

in LFR, instead of allowing anyone to choose which spec of gears to loot, now u may only choose loot if u have ticked multiple roles. so if a druid have ticked both heal and dps (obviously he'll be healing). then this druid will be allow to pick dps gears as loot, but if u only tick dps, u can't choose tank or heal gears. yep that will make a lot of low geared inexperienced healer/tank in LFR, but also attract a lot of highly geared tank/healer.

since bliz already got the FORCED dailies, why not FORCED healing/tanking with some good reward that people actually want??

first off CTA bags do not contain 28 gold.

I've gotten like 120G in them... you can actually make pretty decent money sitting there doing nothing but CTA tank queues until your sanity breaks.

I also will not tank LFR because of the amount of BS that a tank has to go through in there, plus i have inexperience with boss fights in the latter part of ToT so i will not tank them - yes.. scary i know a tank that refuses to tank stuff he hasn't done how silly.. I actually like to know how fights work strange.

Also the CTA Tank does not come up nearly as much as you think it does, my UI has a monitor for it, and I usually only queue for tanking when that flag is up, and i can tell you i've only seen it once or twice this week ie: as of this posting i am not even VP capped on my DK. because there is no CTA Tank up.

Of course i have no idea what it uses to monitor - so it might be battlegroup specific, or something i donno half the time it likes to show up when i'm on one of my NON-tank characters and be gone by the time i log back onto the DK.

Also I have 3 characters that can tank, in reality i could pretty much keep a constant presence in LFG with them. thing is i won't because you get people acting like idiots, i don't know if they are trolling, or just suck at playing, but frankly if you spend a bunch of time in LFG you start getting extremely depressed as to how crappy some of the people play this game.

Well I do.. but i have OCD so that's probably why.
Edited by Juggynaut on 5/4/2013 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
Would be nice to see some giant dino bones in there, or the summoning things for IoT, or the horde/alliance 5.1 faction tokens, some crafting mats/motes of harmony, valor consumables (like IoT rare drops), maybe rarely profession specific items(eg tailors can get an extra cloth, or bs could get an extra lightning steel bar), maybe even an extra random stat item similar to the bag from scenarios or just a world drop (random stat greens, ilvl 450 level 85-86 blues, etc). Possibly throw some lesser charms in there would be awesome too.

The same crappy pets/mounts I already have aren't really an incentive at all.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Satchels are really pretty pointless, that being said after opening a few hundred of them I did get a Green Proto-Drake which managed to evade me for 4? + years?

Stop being greedy, if you want a faster queue play with friends particularly tank / healer friends.

In a world of millions it's not that hard to meet 1 or 2.
Edited by Buhbull on 5/5/2013 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Q times should improve in 5.3 with off-spec loot availability. Some DPS will try to their hand at healing or tanking knowing it won't lock them out of loot. When the patch gets closer I'll remind the general discussion board of that fact to get the ball rolling
Edited by Digerati on 5/5/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I only queue for tanking if it involves the satchel. I have gotten several pets via the satchel, and I still hope for a mount. Also, I feel cheated when in mid run, the call to arms vanishes, and I get no satchel. I literally only tanked for the satchel. I feel robbed now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I only queue for tanking if it involves the satchel. I have gotten several pets via the satchel, and I still hope for a mount. Also, I feel cheated when in mid run, the call to arms vanishes, and I get no satchel. I literally only tanked for the satchel. I feel robbed now.

You still get it, unless it bugs out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If there were more incentive for me to run lfr more than once (or at all once I have my legendary quests done) then I would tank LFR gladly. Why bother now though? Only getting a shot at Secrets of the Empire from bosses I don't kill on normal. What incentive is there for me to queue for lfr once I have done those bosses once for the week?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Then it's been bugging out with odd persistence, everyday, several times a day.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Q times should improve in 5.3 with off-spec loot availability. Some DPS will try to their hand at healing or tanking knowing it won't lock them out of loot. When the patch gets closer I'll remind the general discussion board of that fact to get the ball rolling

That reminds me, better avoid LFR without friend tanks for first few weeks since you'll get a lot of clueless dps getting quick queues.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/08/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Zikx

That reminds me, better avoid LFR without friend tanks for first few weeks since you'll get a lot of clueless dps getting quick queues.

I'd be more worried about the healers. Tank queues aren't actually instant. Healer queues are near instant now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I tank because of the Satchel all the time. Gems, flasks, and food can all be used by my guild or sold so why not queue when satchels are up? Blizzard is essentially giving a free bonus for something people do all the time, and it obviously works otherwise the satchel bonus would stay up all day every day because tanks or healers don't want to queue just for that bonus.

This.

granted I never check for them, but if I'm thinking about doing a heroic and satchels are up I'll tank one, if they aren't then the odds of me tanking a full pug go way way down unless I'm desperate for valor, which lately isn't really a concern.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I feel like players choose to heal do so for the group, for the feeling of helping. There's a self-value in taking on that role that isn't rewarded in LFR. Loot doesn't give the proper respect and "thank you" that I think many healers take on the role in a guild for.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You still get it if the CTA goes away any time after you've entered the instance. What's probably happening is that the CTA is going away in the few seconds between when you queue up and the queue actually pops. Always make sure before you click ready that the "You will receive: _____ for completing this instance" box shows the bag as part of the spoils. If not, then the CTA went away while you were in mid-queue. If it does show the bag in that box, then you should get it for finishing the run no matter what and submit a ticket if you don't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]