Negativity

Hey there!

Like most people in this part of the forums, I'm a PvPer. Maybe a bit more casual than some, but nonetheless, a PvPer.

I've noticed that often in battleground people tend to give up when, in my eyes, there's still hope to snatch a victory. And I wonder: Why are people so negative?

Negativity can effect your gameplay. If you're negative, if you're so sure that you'll lose, you won't try as hard and you won't play as well. This may not effect you, but it seems to be general with not only PvP, but other things as well.

And yet, when the Horde controls half the bases in Arathi Basin, when they have 2 flags captured in Warsong Gulch, when all the bunkers and graveyards are taken in Alterac Valley, what do I hear most?

"just let them 5 cap"
"its over let them win"
"let them cap"

And so on. Why do you always look on this negatively? Why don't you, instead of looking it as a loss, don't try to retake one of the bases, backcap some bases and such?

And if you persist on being negative, why do you stay in the battleground? If it's a loss halfway in and you keep complaining about it, why don't you leave and let someone else take your place, someone who might just help us win instead of letting the Horde win?

I mentionned the Horde because I'm not aware of this happenning Horde-side. It could obviously be happenning on both factions, but as a majorally Alliance player, I don't see the other side of things.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Monk
It happens on both sides.

I have no problem letting the other team win when I've busted my butt to help my team win, only to have them fight in the middle for 10 minutes doing nothing productive, because in the event that I come through with a clutch game-changer play and we accidentally win the game, I don't want those cretins benefiting from it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I mentionned the Horde because I'm not aware of this happenning Horde-side. It could obviously be happenning on both factions, but as a majorally Alliance player, I don't see the other side of things

it's pretty much the same.
The only thing I see Alliance doing more of (obviously just my perception) is turtling a loss in wsg. Our team (I play both sides) can be down by one flag, and people flock to defend the flag room.

Occasionally I see Alliance holding the flag in EotS while sitting on one tower. Not bad, as long as you are puching a second and third tower- but that rarely happens.
Edited by Lacrìmosa on 5/4/2013 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I strike fear in the hearts of men
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Generally when I find my teammates playstyle ....negative...and we are losing badly on the board, down by a few...then I will become negative and suggest....let them win.
However most people play like bots anyway and just keep meandering to their death
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
And if you persist on being negative, why do you stay in the battleground? If it's a loss halfway in and you keep complaining about it, why don't you leave and let someone else take your place, someone who might just help us win instead of letting the Horde win?

I have seen quite a few times, negative people !@#$% for a moment, then leave...a new person comes in, and boom the game takes a drastic turn. I hate negative people, they just make me and the rest of the team negative...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I had an AB match where my entire team was saying "This team is awful, no wonder alliance lose". Then we five capped. It was funny.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"just let them 5 cap"
"its over let them win"
"let them cap"

These statements are always used incorrectly. Every time a team get's stomped, don't think you're "letting" them win. They are doing so regardless of your position on the matter.

Now, as to why some people would be that way, well..frustration can be pretty brutal. I've given up before plenty of times, notably in WSG when I constantly run by people derping in mid to go on offense, wait there for ANY DPS to show...then bam! our FC dies. Losing because you were out-played, fine. Losing because you're team was attempting a WoW circle jerk instead of PvPing... no thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
This doesn't make much sense, sorry. If a player is frustrated then obviously he cares about winning. I know for me I get frustrated when I am trying to win (like going after the EFC & getting 5 on 1'ed because most of my teammates are screwing around in mid). If it's bad enough I will AFK out because they are wasting my time at that point.

Sure some players might be overly negative, give up too easily and/or might even be part of the problem, but I know when I say a group sucks they definitely suck... they are all on different targets, not defending nodes, not going after the EFC, etc.

Losing because you were out-played, fine. Losing because you're team was attempting a WoW circle jerk instead of PvPing... no thanks.
QFT
Edited by Infestyx on 5/5/2013 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]